Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I can't quite get my head around why Palace would wait until the last day of the window before making a bid. 4.5 is unfortunately not a great deal of money for them so why leave it so late to try to sign the player. It's not like they have lost out on other targets with Lookman next in line. He will be a development squad player / loan player for them.

Unless Zaha is going?
  • I can't quite get my head around why Palace would wait until the last day of the window before making a bid. 4.5 is unfortunately not a great deal of money for them so why leave it so late to try to sign the player. It's not like they have lost out on other targets with Lookman next in line. He will be a development squad player / loan player for them.

Unless Zaha is going?
    Greatest respect to Ademola but he's not going to get into the Palace first team for a while yet even without Zaha ahead of him.

I cant get my head around why everyone dithers till today!!

Unless Zaha is going?
    Greatest respect to Ademola but he's not going to get into the Palace first team for a while yet even without Zaha ahead of him.
    Perhaps not necessarily first team but backup / bench to whoever steps in for Zaha. More likely it's just Pardew trying to fuck us over. Not that we need any help in that department.
  • sammy391 said:

Daily mirror saying Palace haven't heard back yet in regards to the £4.5m bid

KM busy doing an urgent costing analysis for Douchebag - better to invest proceeds in new shoes or more duct tape?

I cant get my head around why everyone dithers till today!!
    Surely they have left the Lookman bid until the last day in the hope that we need the money enough to sell him for less especially if no one else has come in for him? Or have I missed something?
  • Sheer madness to let Lookman go without first lining up a decent replacement, and strengthening the midfield with at least two incoming. Sheer madness? We all know that its goodbye Ade, and welcome to nobody. Logging off for the rest of the day now. Bonjour.
  • Oakster said:

sammy391 said:

KM busy doing an urgent costing analysis for Douchebag - better to invest proceeds in new shoes or more duct tape?
    Isn't about time Roland treated her to another holiday in Dubai ?

• Sponsored links:

• Arsenal and Tottenham in for Lookman.

Thought Arsenal had said no more incoming.
    I think they were talking big money moves, not the loose change they will have to stump up to us.
  • Oggy Red said:

Oakster said:

sammy391 said:

Isn't about time Roland treated her to another holiday in Dubai ?

Isn't it about time Roland sacked her?
  • Walsall's Rico Henry has signed for Brentford for £1.5m rising to £5m

Never heard of him and more money than we got for England multiple agegroup captain JC.
  • Sadly, if selling Lookman means we can strengthen the midfield, it would be best to happen. We won't get out of this league with the midfield we have. I'm sure even people as thick about football as the owner and CEO must realise that!
  • Sheer madness to let Lookman go without first lining up a decent replacement, and strengthening the midfield with at least two incoming. Sheer madness? We all know that its goodbye Ade, and welcome to nobody. Logging off for the rest of the day now. Bonjour.

It's what we've always done. Scott Parker, Andy Reid, every player this window. Sold without replacements.
  • Walsall's Rico Henry has signed for Brentford for £1.5m rising to £5m

Never heard of him and more money than we got for England multiple agegroup captain JC.
    Valley11 said:

£1.5m for Rico Henry! How much did Cousins go for?

Brentford did sign Henry on Transfer Desperation Day though!!
  • edited August 2016

Sadly, if selling Lookman means we can strengthen the midfield, it would be best to happen.

The only thing that would get strengthened is Roland's bank account.

• Watch out for the white smoke blowing out of Katrien's chimney....

Then we'll know the deed has been done.

If it's good enough for the Vatican.....

• sam3110 said:

1StevieG said:

I wonder if Wilshere going to Palace will finally end our chances of mentioning him in other posts and thus not spelling his F£&@ING NAME INCORRECTLY!!!

Wiltshire
    Texeira
    Nabby Sarr
    Hanlon
    Nowak

Face it, our fans can't spell
    That one is all mine, thank you very much. I have a degree in literature to thank for my inability to spell names EXACTLY AS THEY SOUND.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sadly, if selling Lookman means we can strengthen the midfield, it would be best to happen. We won't get out of this league with the midfield we have. I'm sure even people as thick about football as the owner and CEO must realise that!

Even sadder, if we did get the money coming in for Lookman at 11pm tonight or suchlike then when would be the next opportunity to spend it assuming it was all made available to Slade?
  • Watch out for the white smoke blowing out of Katrien's chimney....

Then we'll know the deed has been done.

If it's good enough for the Vatican.....

She's already sold Pope.
    And it's not been for want of trying regarding the Bauer who sits in the....
  • Missed out on Henry by the looks.
  • edited August 2016

Sadly, if selling Lookman means we can strengthen the midfield, it would be best to happen. We won't get out of this league with the midfield we have. I'm sure even people as thick about football as the owner and CEO must realise that!

I agree about the midfield but also we won't get out of this League without a goalscorer like Lookman. Case in point was last Saturday against Bolton. Without his strike we would have lost !
  • Just see scott wagstaff up bluey. On his way back?
  • edited August 2016
    Troll account has just posted that Lookman joined Palace. Don't fall for it.

• charltonJ said:

Just see scott wagstaff up bluey. On his way back?

Joined Gillingham about 6 weeks ago