Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• edited August 2016

What's happened?!?!
  • Rossman92 said:

CAFCTrev said:

What's happened?!?!
    Another Charlton Athletic deadline day of nothingness.
  • If you see the It's Happening gif then you're led to believe something's Happened
  • MrLargo said:

SDAddick said:

If Tex stays, then we'll have far too many CBs. And knowing sod's law, we'll get injuries in every position other than CB, and will end up having to play all 5 or 6 of them!

A great opportunity to let Johnson go and free up some room on the wage bill...
    Exactly that. Get rid of Johnson, let Konsa go out on loan and learn his trade for a bit in League 2 rather than chucking him in at the deep end, so that he can realise his potential rather than having his confidence destroyed.

Tex and Bauer at the back would be an exceptional pairing for League 1, exactly what you need if you're actually serious about getting promoted.

Personally I think Tex'll go nowhere but Russell won't be allowed to play him because the witch has negotiated a ridiculous contract and we can't afford to let him play.
    Think Konsa is pretty much considered a starter now.

I certainly wouldn't be loaning him out. The boy has look really assured each time I've seen him play. Talking him out the team and loaning Im out would be the confidence destroyer. I Would much prefer him and Pearce as the centre half partnership.

Too much responsibility for a youngster, we need to break them in gently.
  • Sponsored links:

• DONE DEAL - Burnley sign Derby's Hendrick

Burnley
    Posted at
    16:00
    Burnley sign Derby County midfielder Jeff Hendrick for a fee understood to be £10.5m. That's a record for both clubs.

Might start the chain off
  • Looking forward to Sue Parkes justifying giving away Lookman to Palace to earn her free meals.

It'll be the fans fault for not renewing enough season tickets to pay for the signings we're going to fail to bring in.

Of course it'll probably be down to failing to sell Tex and Ba.
  • shine166 said:

Hell hath no fury like a Flemish woman Lampooned,
    even thou some fans said they wish she was Harpooned,
    If Katrien Meire stays much longer Charlton Athletic are doomed,
    Lookman to Palace and we are forever going to be Marooned.

I'll get your coat.

Think someone's pulled
    I'd be more likely to pull a muscle.
  • edited August 2016
    offer rejected for lookman 4.5m palace
    asking price is 6 wba also interested.
  • Scoham said:

Looking forward to Sue Parkes justifying giving away Lookman to Palace to earn her free meals.

It'll be the fans fault for not renewing enough season tickets to pay for the signings we're going to fail to bring in.

Of course it'll probably be down to failing to sell Tex and Ba.
    Or getting relegated in the first place.
  • Dizzle said:

Keep Tex, release Johnson

Welease Woger ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7_oNBT9wsc

• Peter_G said:

Lookie is away with the England under 20's preparing for their game against Brazil next Sunday. Be nice if it was in Rio, meaning Ademola would be unable to get anywhere for a medical, let alone a signature. Unfortunately, it will be played in Kidderminster, a short drive from anywhere!

And yet simultaneously miles from civilization.

Lookman to sign for Kidderminster Town, it was the only place Katrien could sell him to while he was with England

What do you mean you've never heard of the mighty Kidderminster Harriers!?!

• offer rejected for lookman 4.5m palace
    asking price is 6 wba also interested.

Adrian Kajumba ‏@AdrianJKajumba 10m10 minutes ago
    #cafc reject #cpfc offer of £4.5m for Ademola Lookman. Want £6m. #wba keen too. More on @MirrorFootball blog http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-deadline-day-live-arsenal-8731815
  • Ill have my go at making figures up.

19 Million Pound Bid rejected from Barca for Lookman .

We are holding out for 400K and a packet of hobnobs from Chesterfield.

If they're dark chocolate covered hobnobs I'll drive him there myself
  • Sponsored links:

Barca actually bid 32m with Messi coming in on loan.
  • Arsenal and Tottenham in for Lookman.

not tall enough

not tall enough
    fair point
  • doesn't matter if we receive £7m for Lookie, slade wont get given much of it to spend,, and even if he did, he hasnt got enough time to spend it (as I doubt they have anyone lined up to replace him)
  • Arsenal and Tottenham in for Lookman.

Thought Arsenal had said no more incoming.
  • doesn't matter if we receive £7m for Lookie, slade wont get given much of it to spend,, and even if he did, he hasnt got enough time to spend it (as I doubt they have anyone lined up to replace him)

No way will we sell at the last minute - KM has a cunning plan....

KM will give him 2% of it I reckon.
  • Have a feeling we're waiting for one of Ba, Tex or Lookman to go before we add anyone. Which is pretty concerning as Ade is undoubtably the most likely.