Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Peter_G said:

Lookie is away with the England under 20's preparing for their game against Brazil next Sunday. Be nice if it was in Rio, meaning Ademola would be unable to get anywhere for a medical, let alone a signature. Unfortunately, it will be played in Kidderminster, a short drive from anywhere!

Because its the last day of the transfer window it probably wouldnt matter where he was.

If he was in Rio with England he'd probably just have a Medical with one of the England Doctors which could then be sent to the club buying him
  • Not sure on how recent it is but just seen on the bottom slider that the Motherwell manager said there were 'no new bids' for Johnson.
  • sam3110 said:

Wiggins joins Brum, two month loan deal.

Thought short term loans aren't allowed
    sam3110 said:

Wiggins joins Brum, two month loan deal.

Thought short term loans aren't allowed
    emergency loans outside the window no longer allowed
    Except for goalkeepers
  • Beardface said:

That daily record link quotes a motherwell spokesman as saying:

“We will not be cajoled or maneuvered to the point where we are forced to sell a player against our will for less than an appropriate value.

“We owe it to our players, management, staff, shareholders and, most importantly, our supporters to ensure we get a fair price.”

Fair play to Motherwell. As it should be.

• If he was in Rio with England he'd probably just have a Medical with one of the England Doctors which could then be sent to the club buying him

Would have thought this unlikely because of legal ramifications if the doctor got it wrong...
  • Peter_G said:

I have never flagged anyone on here, but Moutu - you almost got my first.

I am just passing on rumours, with the added bonus of then showing how credible the source is.
  • Bloke on sky sports at noon said and I quote whilst pointing at the digital clock - "It just keeps ticking doesn't it"
    FFS have they nothing else to state other than the bleeding obvious!!!

The digital clock is ticking? WTF? Either something dramatically unpleasant is about to happen to that branch of the despicable M"rd0(h's septic organ (we can hope) or more likely they're just making stuff up as per usual.
  • Peter_G said:

I am just passing on rumours, with the added bonus of then showing how credible the source is.
    I did get flagged for it though :( That's ruined my transfer deadline day before the window has even got close to slamming shut.
  • Peter_G said:

It was just my initial reaction reading the first few words of your post, when my blood pressure spiked. I then read the rest of it ..... :-)
  • Peter_G said:

I did get flagged for it though :( That's ruined my transfer deadline day before the window has even got close to slamming shut.
    Now I feel bad, but it wasn't me. Honest guv.
  • Sponsored links:

• So are we resigning ourself to Lookman going to the scum?

Nope

They have learned from their mistakes, and are finding new ways to make new ones!
  • Peter_G said:

Lookie is away with the England under 20's preparing for their game against Brazil next Sunday. Be nice if it was in Rio, meaning Ademola would be unable to get anywhere for a medical, let alone a signature. Unfortunately, it will be played in Kidderminster, a short drive from anywhere!

Lookman to sign for Kidderminster Town, it was the only place Katrien could sell him to while he was with England
  • Guardian are saying we would get Hiram Boateng in return if Lookman did one to Palace. No idea if that would be loan or permanent. Probably loan

Millwall can't afford him I would think.
  • Guardian are saying we would get Hiram Boateng in return if Lookman did one to Palace. No idea if that would be loan or permanent. Probably loan

Hiram Boateng? Blimey, let's do the deal.

PS Who is he?
  • Keep him for two years and we'll either have a place in the championship or a very saleable young man. Sell him now and get a cast off from somewhere that's not of the same grade on loan. Genius.
    Short termist idiocy.
  • This is Atsu signing for Newcastle. A bit cooler than the office in Sparrow's lane we use!

Could be either, they want to sell but haven't had big enough offers.

• Sponsored links:

One place mentions a loan to sweeten the deal and suddenly we'll be linked with half a dozen Palarse juniors, it's all bollocks though
  • Have we signed anyone yet?

PS Who is he?
    Am presuming Jonny Williams wouldn't drop down to League One?
  • edited August 2016
    I'll be avoiding watching Sky Sports News until tomorrow. Can't deal with the overhyped bollocks that is deadline day. Bigging up transfers that are essentially not that interesting. Just an excuse to keep non entity sports reporters in a job!

PS Who is he?
    Am presuming Jonny Williams wouldn't drop down to League One?
    Going back to Ipswich on loan. I don't know why they don't just buy him!
  • From Dominic Fifield at The Guardian. He's usually very well connected. A 6m buyout clause, if true (and we have to take these things with a grain of salt), would be incredibly disappointing.
  • I'll be avoiding watching Sky Sports News until tomorrow. Can't deal with the overhyped bollocks that is deadline day. Bigging up transfers that are essentially not that interesting. Just an excuse to keep non entity sports reporters in a job!

And Jim White hasnt started yet.....
  • Hearing Spurs could sign Lookman from Charlton

— Ian Abrahams (Moose) (@BroadcastMoose) August 31, 2016

More rumours flying
  • edited August 2016
    SDAddick said:

From Dominic Fifield at The Guardian. He's usually very well connected. A 6m buyout clause, if true (and we have to take these things with a grain of salt), would be incredibly disappointing.

Surely not as connected as Cawley who said he knows of no clause ?
  • I'll be amazed if Lookman stays.