Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Dazzler21 said:

I'd take 6 million for him

WHY!? Why boycott and not buy season tickets, then be happy with giving them 6 million quid. It won't be invested and it will strengthen that Belgian c***s opinion that he can make money out of our youngsters!
    It's alright I can't actually sell him.

But I didn't say I'd be happy for the regime to keep all that. Would you rather he went for 1 or 2 million?
  • Still wouldnt mind that Lewis Walsh signing as another Creative option

Liam
    Would prefer Colin
  • edited August 2016

This is all just an echo chamber, all these "news" websites have picked up on the SLP story and just regurgitating it with slightly different factors. The fee has jumped from £4mil to £6mil, a release clause has been added and, my favourite, Charlton playing at "Valley Parade".

We will never know how much it will be and never see all of it reinvested (maybe none of it). It may as will be £6.
  • Tough choice for Wilshere - Roma or Palarse?
  • Why sell him at 18 when he will be worth more next year and maybe twice as much in 2 years.
  • Well we know there's no get out at £6m but I certainly wouldn't think that they'd reject such a high fee. Honestly I'm not too bothered over the fee anymore anyway. Too late for us to see any of it actually spent.
  • Sponsored links:

• That article also says that Man U Chelsea etc have been watching him for a few seasons.... What, at Sunday league? Don't believe that in the slightest.

No, our u18s, u21s and first team over the last two seasons.
  • So....

Louis Thompson ... Norwich
    Marvin Johnson ... Motherwell
    Lewis Walsh ... Everton
    James Henry ... Wolves
    The Norwegian lad from Burnley

Have I missed anyone that weve been linked with today?
  • Well we know there's no get out at £6m but I certainly wouldn't think that they'd reject such a high fee. Honestly I'm not too bothered over the fee anymore anyway. Too late for us to see any of it actually spent.

This really.
    Promotion can be won and lost in the first half of the season. If he is definitely going to go then that £6m would have bought 108 players of the calibre that we won L1 with last time around.

Instead we'll sell him today and be left with a threadbare squad and no centre midfield creativity.
  • Rod Fanni has signed for Marseille free transfer.
  • Dazzler21 said:

J BLOCK said:

Dazzler21 said:

WHY!? Why boycott and not buy season tickets, then be happy with giving them 6 million quid. It won't be invested and it will strengthen that Belgian c***s opinion that he can make money out of our youngsters!
    It's alright I can't actually sell him.

But I didn't say I'd be happy for the regime to keep all that. Would you rather he went for 1 or 2 million?
    I'd rather we lost him for free and not another penny goes into RD's pocket.
  • Yeah, I hope Roland actually gives Palace our entire transfer budget as well as Lookman. No pennies in Roland's pocket!
  • So....

Lewis Walsh ... Everton
    James Henry ... Wolves

Liam

Who's Liam?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Isn't it irrelevant considering most, if not all, will go to RD rather than be reinvested?
  • All the players we have been linked with are a superb calibre for league 1. Just need to get a couple over the line (three if we lose Lookman).

Keep Lookman and gain say Thompson and Henry and there is no excuse not to get promoted with that squad.
  • All the players we have been linked with are a superb calibre for league 1. Just need to get a couple over the line (three if we lose Lookman).

Keep Lookman and gain say Thompson and Henry and there is no excuse not to get promoted with that squad.
  • Scoham said:

tom- k said:

Has Roger Johnson left yet?

Signing a new 5 year contract
    and given CAFC captaincy after JJ given to Millwall in exchange for a bag of peanut M&M's

• Rod Fanni has signed for Marseille free transfer.

You could see with his spell with us that he was too good to be wasting his final playing years in Qatar
    Or wasting his final playing years with a Charlton team under the control of Douchbag and Squirrel Face.
  • Hell hath no fury like a Flemish woman Lampooned,
    even thou some fans said they wish she was Harpooned,
    If Katrien Meire stays much longer Charlton Athletic are doomed,
    Lookman to Palace and we are forever going to be Marooned.

I'll get your coat.
  • So....

Lewis Walsh ... Everton
    James Henry ... Wolves

Liam

Who's Liam?
    The kid at Everton

http://www.evertonfc.com/players/l/lw/liam-walsh
  • Ssn going live to palace after the break, guessing Lookman will be mentioned.