Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• cfgs said:

Jesus reading some of these posts on here at 9.15 is awful. I have never known such a bunch of miserable and negative blokes in all my life.

The fact is the club are going to be working on these deals with options one and two, they will also be mindful that a club may come in for Lookman and then we have to change direction in terms of a loan or permanent deal.

If you are going to have a moan FFS leave it until tomorrow. What happens happens lets just wait and see,

Whilst you are correct and that today may well be the best Deadline day ever for CAFC supporters (very little competition there) the track record of KM and Roly states we will probably sell them Lookman for a packet of Werther's Originals.
    There is nothing but rumors at this moment in time. Nothing is coming from any other teams forum or local media. It appears that RC is doing his bit to get his twitter up on transfer deadline day.
    Agree with WIWLB

Plenty of time to moan/celebrate when and if deals are done.

So far we've not sold, bought or loaned anyone today.

#don'tbelievethehype
    There is a transfer deadline first. Irving and I agree on something.
    We agree on lots of things.

We also disagree about a lot of things.

The world isn't black and white
    NO WE DON'T
  • edited August 2016

and let's not forget that Ba and Tex will likely go, would not surprise me if BFG went too

Re BFG, that is what I thought when he didn't start last night
  • jamescafc said:

and let's not forget that Ba and Tex will likely go, would not surprise me if BFG went too

Didnt help he didnt start on Saturday so was never going to be one of the five players who had to play
  • I think we should speak to CAFC Player and propose that in the January transfer deadline day we have a live feed with Large Addick outside Sparrows Lane. Now that would be entertaining.
  • jamescafc said:

Didnt help he didnt start on Saturday so was never going to be one of the five players who had to play
    Agreed and perhaps coming on so early meant he couldn't start last night but I would have thought another 60 mins considering its weak opposition and we have no game on Saturday, he would have been a better option to RJ.

Fingers crossed he stays as certain he'll be a big player for us this year. My fear is Roland has seen his wages on Katriens s/sheet and told her to cash in.
  • cfgs said:

Jesus reading some of these posts on here at 9.15 is awful. I have never known such a bunch of miserable and negative blokes in all my life.

The fact is the club are going to be working on these deals with options one and two, they will also be mindful that a club may come in for Lookman and then we have to change direction in terms of a loan or permanent deal.

If you are going to have a moan FFS leave it until tomorrow. What happens happens lets just wait and see,

Whilst you are correct and that today may well be the best Deadline day ever for CAFC supporters (very little competition there) the track record of KM and Roly states we will probably sell them Lookman for a packet of Werther's Originals.
    There is nothing but rumors at this moment in time. Nothing is coming from any other teams forum or local media. It appears that RC is doing his bit to get his twitter up on transfer deadline day.
    Agree with WIWLB

Plenty of time to moan/celebrate when and if deals are done.

So far we've not sold, bought or loaned anyone today.

#don'tbelievethehype
    There is a transfer deadline first. Irving and I agree on something.
    We agree on lots of things.

We also disagree about a lot of things.

The world isn't black and white
    NO WE DON'T
    how do you know?
  • edited August 2016
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m1 minute ago
    #cafc have one target who is going to have to push to get move out.

Louis Thompson maybe?
  • If Lookman were to go to Palace, we really should be looking to inflate the fee. They've paid and received ridiculous sums of late.
  • Richard Cawley is a pretty reliable source, although I suppose it could be a Palace wind up or, alternatively, a feed from CAFC to try and reduce the fall-out when Lookman is sold to another Premiership club.

From Duchatelet's perspective, Crystal Palace's money is as good as anyone else's, whilst Meire has probably pencilled in the £4million on her spreadsheet.

If, however, this deal goes through and Ade ends up at Palace, it will, for many Charlton supporters, be seen as the last straw and an overt declaration of war by the regime (not that Duchatelet will give a toss how it's perceived).

Should an offer materialise from Palace, just say no, you lily-livered bastards !!
  • Sponsored links:

• If they take Wiltshire for £80k a week think the budget might be maxed out.

The only reason any club anywhere should take him is if someone's stolen their first aid dummy. Possibly this one:

• Thommo said:

If Lookman were to go to Palace, we really should be looking to inflate the fee. They've paid and received ridiculous sums of late.

We know how much they value a winger as well. They are asking for the same money for Saha as what they got for Bolasie. There is a bench mark.

Personally Lookman seems like a boy who has his head screwed on and would prefer to play first team football rather than play in the Under 23s.
  • Jesus reading some of these posts on here at 9.15 is awful. I have never known such a bunch of miserable and negative blokes in all my life.

I agree with this.

But I am fearful that we will sell Lookman because he might make the difference between a promotion push and mid-table obscurity, and I hope for that reason that they club exist the temptation to cash in.
  • sam3110 said:

Lookman wants to stay and repay the faith we showed in him, believes he will get his chance to move to a big club in the future. At least 2 in today, one has been talked about for a long time. Ba and Teixeira supposed to be off but very difficult to find suitors, Ba could end up being another one that's paid off. Fox wanted to stay as he wants to be first choice and playing all the time, reluctance to leave the area too. BFG to stay, KAG, Hanlan and Umerah up for loan, but will only let one or two go, Muldoon probably being kept to cover injuries in midfield.

Got this in a text from a mate who works at club, could all be bollocks though as last time he text me about insider stuff it was about us signing Conor Washington, which was a load of shite

As if it'll be Lookman's choice if he stays or goes.
  • sam3110 said:

Lookman wants to stay and repay the faith we showed in him, believes he will get his chance to move to a big club in the future. At least 2 in today, one has been talked about for a long time. Ba and Teixeira supposed to be off but very difficult to find suitors, Ba could end up being another one that's paid off. Fox wanted to stay as he wants to be first choice and playing all the time, reluctance to leave the area too. BFG to stay, KAG, Hanlan and Umerah up for loan, but will only let one or two go, Muldoon probably being kept to cover injuries in midfield.

Got this in a text from a mate who works at club, could all be bollocks though as last time he text me about insider stuff it was about us signing Conor Washington, which was a load of shite

Never said it's his choice, just that he wants to stay for now and the feeling is his stock will rise and he'll get himself a bigger and better offer come January/next summer
  • sam3110 said:

Pretty sure he can say no if he wants to, contract works both ways
  • Derby could well be buggered this season... Looks like they're losing Jeff Hendrick (Burnley) and Goalkeeper: Lee Grant (Stoke) now!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

I knew it.
  • Redhenry said:

Don't tell them anything until i have made it official.
  • If we sell Lookman to The Nigels , that's me done.
  • Derby could well be buggered this season... Looks like they're losing Jeff Hendrick (Burnley) and Goalkeeper: Lee Grant (Stoke) now!!

Carson is there number 1 and Hendrick under different managers has often been left on the bench when I've seen them, although I don't understand that as I think he's there best midfielder and there only real creative midfielder, the other players seem nice and tidy but lack the drive which Hendrick offers.
  • Have the pleasure (?) of sitting opposite a Nigel in work and just mentioned his mob are supposed to be interested in Lookman.

He's had a look in their forum and they are pissing themselves for potentially "taking the only good player they've got on deadline day". But they don't care about us obviously...

Murray's comments about not having to let our best players go for peanuts with this owner has long been shown to be ridiculous. Hopefully, Ade stays and starts to play a bigger part for us this season. I think if we strengthen the midfield with some younger legs & creativity, he may get more starts as well.
  • Wilshere going Bmouth
  • WSS said:
    If Lookman goes to Palace i hope there are full scale riots at the next home game.
    Flasks and werther's originals all over the gaff
  • If Lookman became a nigel could he overtake Scott Parker in the most hated former player ranking?
  • CAFCTrev said:

If Lookman became a nigel could he overtake Scott Parker in the most hated former player ranking?

Not a chance, doesn't seem like he has become a petulant twat to force a move
  • edited August 2016
    No chance. Parker demonstrated he wanted to leave without giving two shits for the club.

Lookman will have the rug pulled from beneath his feet and be pushed out the door by the mob in charge without a single thought given to the players preference. Seems to be zero suggestion that he wants to go at this stage