Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Now means we have:

Rudd, Phillips

Solly, Foley
    Bauer, Tex, Lennon, Pearce, Konsa, Johnson
    Fox, Chicksen

Crofts, Jackson, Kashi, Diarra, Ulvestad, Ba, Muldoon, Charles-Cook
    Botaka, Holmes, Lookman

Ajose, Magennis, Novak, Hanlan, Ahearne-Grant, Umerah

That's 29 players, 10 of which are either young and inexperienced, injured or Johnson.

Could've done with one more winger and striker looking at that, but I suppose it could be a lot worse. Let's hope it's enough!
  • I must have missed the games that Sissoko played like Iniesta. Two clubs offering 30m. Wow.
  • Laddick01 said:

Christ Bolton just signed 4 players. Sad thing is if we hadn't injured some of their players Saturday we probably would've got Henry.

Davies injured himself. He challenged Fox who was in possession, and immediately collapsed in agony.
  • And yet again the pathetic brain dead morons who know everything are once again shown to be the know nothing cnuts they are.
  • WSS said:

Tex needs to be involved in squads and Lookman needs to have more playing time now.

We're still short on depth especially if we can't find Ba, Kashi doesn't come back "right" and Jackson's legs remain gone.

A couple of medium to long term injuries in midfield or up front then it's going to be a struggle to stay up at the top of the league.

I guess fans of every club in Div 1 would be thinking the same about their midfield/strikers.

I'm sure Lookman will be given more playing time as the season progresses. They wont want him blowing out at Xmas because he's been overdone early on. He had quite a bit of hamstring trouble last season so there is a need to be careful.
  • Bloody hell, four signings in one announcement for Bolton.

They must have really been pissed off with drawing against us!
  • CAFCsayer said:

Bolton have signed James Henry, Sammy Ameobi & Ben Alnwick.

That's how you get promoted Katrien.

Only one of those 3 would get in our team
    It's about a squad though. You need more than a good first 11 to get out of L1. They have that now, we don't.
  • Why has Henry only been signed until January?
  • Would be interesting to know if we actually received a firm, reasonable offer for Lookman.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

Good to get one done, we're still short of where we need to be though.

GK: Rudd/Phillips/Mitov
    RB: Solly/Foley/Konsa
    LB: Fox/Chicken/Lennon
    CB: Bauer/Tex/Konsa
    CB: Pearce/Lennon/Johnson
    RM: Holmes/Botake/Foley
    CM: Crofts/Kashi/Diarra
    CM: Vuvuzele/Jacko/Ba
    LM: Lookman/Holmes/Jacko
    ST: Ajose/Lookman/KAG
    ST: MyGuiness/Novak/Hanlan

Underlined are injured, italics are covering more than one position, but with everyone fit, and still some other youth players potentially available to call upon (Charles-Cook, Mulldoon), we have enough bodies and flexibility in the squad to have 3 options in every position. Only Mitov is yet to play for the first team from that lot, albeit Hanlan debuted this season, and there is a good blend of ages in the team.

Every club always wants just a couple more players, but that is as balanced and flexible a squad as we have had for quite a while.

If Slade can continue to foster the team spirit that is beginning to show through, and we get a fair wind with injuries and suspension (which will hopefully include managing them better) we will be challenging at the right end of the table.

• se9addick said:

Why has Henry only been signed until January?

So we can loan him ourselves when we sell Lookman.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Rubbish, crying out for a box to box midfielder !

And apparently this new guy from Burnley is one of those type players!
  • CAFCsayer said:

------------Rudd
    Solly ----- Tex --- Bauer/Pearce --- Fox
    -----------Kashi/Diarra
    ---Jacko/Crofts ------ Ulvula
    Holmes----------------Lookman
    --------------Ajose

The gaffer likes a 4-4-2 with one of the strikers prepared to drop in and 3 narrow midfielders and one out wide.

So how about Holmes in front of Crofts snd behind the two strikers with Ade out wide.

That would frighten tier 3 defences!

• I'm not too disappointed with what Russell Slade has done overall. James Henry might have been a useful addition, but we have Holmes in that wide role so it might have been difficult to accommodate them both. Keeping Lookman is a big plus for me (noting with fingers crossed that there is still a little time to go in the window). Hoping for Diarra's reappearance sooner rather than later.
  • jamescafc said:

Would be interesting to know if we actually received a firm, reasonable offer for Lookman.

it would be nice but we won't know. Personally think it was all rumour without any actual substance mainly because I don't think Roland would turn down 2m let alone 4m.
  • Bolton have signed James Henry, Sammy Ameobi & Ben Alnwick.

That's how you get promoted Katrien.

Brilliant signings for them. They'll go up now, got the grafters and the skill to be very strong in this league.

If we had signed those 3 tonight people on here would be wetting themselves.
  • Didn't Ameobi get sent off when we played Cardiff?
  • Sponsored links:

• IF we hold on to Lookman and Tex and manage to get a CMF over the line you have to say that is better than we would have hoped for a few weeks ago

gotta be happy with our work, get everyone fit and I think we have a cracking squad for L1 to be fair
  • edited August 2016
    So fredrik ulvestad is the return of an old face is he? Or have they put a picture of curbs in the dressing room?
  • JonnyK said:

CAFCsayer said:

------------Rudd
    Solly ----- Tex --- Bauer/Pearce --- Fox
    -----------Kashi/Diarra
    ---Jacko/Crofts ------ Ulvula
    Holmes----------------Lookman
    --------------Ajose

The gaffer likes a 4-4-2 with one of the strikers prepared to drop in and 3 narrow midfielders and one out wide.

So how about Holmes in front of Crofts snd behind the two strikers with Ade out wide.

That would frighten tier 3 defences!

Didn't we start against Bolton like that?
  • Six centre backs and Crofts/JJ as our recognised centre mids is daft but if no one wanted Tex and we couldn't get rid of Rojo....
  • Katrien has sat at home reading this and laughing her head off. I'm lumping on us for the title....at 11.01pm.
  • Simonsen said:

WSS said:

Tex needs to be involved in squads and Lookman needs to have more playing time now.

We're still short on depth especially if we can't find Ba, Kashi doesn't come back "right" and Jackson's legs remain gone.

A couple of medium to long term injuries in midfield or up front then it's going to be a struggle to stay up at the top of the league.

I guess fans of every club in Div 1 would be thinking the same about their midfield/strikers.

I'm sure Lookman will be given more playing time as the season progresses. They wont want him blowing out at Xmas because he's been overdone early on. He had quite a bit of hamstring trouble last season so there is a need to be careful.
    Agree that most in this league will feel the same. Just hoped that we'd make our big budget make me feel a bit more secure we could go 46 games with confidence to win every one of them - not worrying too much about injuries and suspensions.