Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Could Poyet be the player who was meant to be returning but there was a complication in getting him back. As in the player would have to push for it himself? Maybe we will be signing him back now he's on a free.
  • That worked out well Diego

Sure his bank manager would say otherwise but I totally agree
  • sam3110 said:

"fucking arseholes will sell Lookman as soon as they get a bid, he won't be here by 11pm mark my words"

"fucking arseholes lying to us about bids for Lookman, there's no way we wouldn't accept a bid"

Sometimes you just have to accept you are wrong, and not everything is a conspiracy

Cannot Accept Reasonable Decisions
  • Richard Cawley
    @RichCawleySLP
    Marvin Johnson was another option for #cafc as a winger signing. Oxford have paid £500k to Motherwell for him.

Oxford paid £500k for a player? Staggered
  • Unlucky Diego. I'm sure the truth will come out yeah?
  • Could Poyet be the player who was meant to be returning but there was a complication in getting him back. As in the player would have to push for it himself? Maybe we will be signing him back now he's on a free.

I can't see it but at the moment it's the only thing that makes sense (if there was any truth in that rumour). Be good to get another midfielder on board even as a back up, if his attitude is right.
  • Great to have kept Lookman.

Want my lad to see a real prospect develop at Charlton rather than bugger off somewhere else and not play.
  • edited August 2016
    What is with this yellow colour? Even the Football Focus graphics are piss stained....
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Cawley
    @RichCawleySLP
    Marvin Johnson was another option for #cafc as a winger signing. Oxford have paid £500k to Motherwell for him.

They got good money for Roofe to Leeds.
  • sam3110 said:

"fucking arseholes will sell Lookman as soon as they get a bid, he won't be here by 11pm mark my words"

"fucking arseholes lying to us about bids for Lookman, there's no way we wouldn't accept a bid"

Sometimes you just have to accept you are wrong, and not everything is a conspiracy

Blimey. You need to keep the nut down for a couple of months.
  • Richard Cawley
    @RichCawleySLP

Beaten to it by The Red Robin
  • Definitely take Poyet back on a free, he was poor in his second spell with us on loan but in a poor team with no proper manager. Under RS we could see the old Diego, and having seen a lot of him in that season he was fucking mustard.
  • I can't believe how bad Diego was in his loan spell with us, he's really declined from the player he was. Will he ever reach those levels again?
  • Tbh I would take Diego back without a seconds thought if he genuinely wanted to join and get his career back on track.

Me too. Perhaps we can do the same with Ba and bring Diego in.
  • I haven't got a clue who should play at centre-back... Having Tex, Bauer, Pearce, Konsa, Diarra would be good in the Championship, pretty staggering in this league!
  • Chris Martin. Derby to Fulham. Permanent.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

One person's view. Not CARD's.
  • And breathe
  • SSN over to Selhurst to speak to a complete tosser.
  • CAFCsayer said:

I haven't got a clue who should play at centre-back... Having Tex, Bauer, Pearce, Konsa, Diarra would be good in the Championship, pretty staggering in this league!

How about a 3-5-2 where we can play Tex, Pearce and Bauer.
  • Definitely take Poyet back on a free, he was poor in his second spell with us on loan but in a poor team with no proper manager. Under RS we could see the old Diego, and having seen a lot of him in that season he was fucking mustard.

Will go wrong when Jose Riga returns for his third spell in January
  • masicat said:

SSN over to Selhurst to speak to a complete tosser.

Any mention of Lookman?
  • mogodon said:

Credit where it is due to the club and, dare it be said, Meire, they kept Lookman which not many of us expected and have the basis of a decent League 1 squad. While selling Fox for £1m plus would have been good business, that they resisted is an indication that perhaps they are serious about a promotion push.

Might have wanted to sign a midfield if they were.
  • cafc4life said:

I honestly think Lookman will not be with us come midnight tonight and if you think he will then you obviously haven't been paying attention to whats been happening at our shambles of a football club the last 2 years.

Oops......
  • Valley11 said:

I'd sign him to be honest but perhaps that ship's sailed.

Same here, worth a go with our lack of other midfield options, but doubt it would happen.