Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• edited August 2016
    If Poyet has had his contract terminated, are we actually able to sign him outside the window since hes now a free agent?
  • this should be posted on the wall of the dressing room & showed tp all the development squad on a daily basis.

be careful for whar you wish for
    The sad thing is I reckon the modern 18-20 year old footballer would be quite happy to do what Poyet did if the rumours around his salary increase are true.
  • Now that's over, what's Jim White gonna do with his life for the next few months?

taking over talk sport slot from Colin Murray ...don't think I can suffer him --Murray was excellent

• I'm pretty happy with our transfer dealings overall. Slade would've wanted another midfielder but it looks like number one target Thompson is forcing his way into the Norwich first team.

I'd worry if Magennis or Ajose got injured.

But I trust the manager....how long has it been since we could say that.....?!
  • jamescafc said:

this should be posted on the wall of the dressing room & showed tp all the development squad on a daily basis.

be careful for whar you wish for
    The sad thing is I reckon the modern 18-20 year old footballer would be quite happy to do what Poyet did if the rumours around his salary increase are true.
    I think pretty much everyone would snap your hand off at a massive wage increase (anywhere between 3 and 10 times what you were on, or whatever, for essentially the same job), no matter what age. Footballers have a finite career so in a sense I don't blame him, but another year with us and he'd have developed into a far better footballer with I would guess more potential earning power.
  • Dale Stephens just posted an honest Tweet to Brighton fans after his transfer request and proposed move to Burnley fell through (can't do linky thing)

• To be honest I don't like the new Transfer Rules where there is no more additional Loan Market window.

- Clubs like Yeovil (Picked them at Random) dont bother having an Academy Side as it's not financially worth the effort as the big sides will hoover up the talent if someone breaks into the First-Team
    - Kids like Louis Thompson dont want to go on loan because they think that their parent club will be forced to play them seeing they cant be sent on loan, yet dont realise they'll just be stuck in the U21s
    - Kids like Karlan Ahearne-Grant / Oliver Muldoon go out on loan themselves now

And this is all because clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea have to buy a kid the moment they play one League Two match as a 16-year old... Instead of stopping everyone from using the Loan Market why not just tighten the rules (i.e. Only English kids can be sent on loan outside the Transfer Windows or your only allowed to loan out 10-players across the season!!)

Or just ditch the loan market altogether and cap squad sizes and the amount of players you can have over the age of 21.
    Or bring back the old march dradline day
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't say fairer than that.

Poor fella just hasn't been able to get the moves he's wanted through one thing or another.
  • On the plus side, if we ship many at the back ind be surprised.

On the negative side, we seem very short, and short of width.

I hope Hanlan can add in a few games when Magennis is injured or towards end of games.

Could still do with a conventional winger around 5'10, must be one useful enough but uncontracted.
  • edited September 2016

Chelsea have 38 on loan

My co-ed 11-a-side team here in Eugene, OR were offered Kyle Scott on loan but the deal fell through when we couldn't agree on percentage of wages.
  • Essex_Al said:

I'd take Poyet back in a heartbeat. Should be able to run a game in this league. Was poor last season but can't forget how good he was first time round.

No way!

Wouldn't sign a contract with us, thought the grass was greener elsewhere, left us and we got peanuts for him!

Came back last year and was shite, why on earth would we want him or need him?
    The apologist talks sense for once.
  • Ulvestad could be the new Andy Reid or the new eggert Johnson - let's hope it's the former
  • jams said:

Ulvestad could be the new Andy Reid or the new eggert Johnson - let's hope it's the former

There's a lot of middle ground he could be in as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Dale Stephens just posted an honest Tweet to Brighton fans after his transfer request and proposed move to Burnley fell through (can't do linky thing)

Should have included the line about moving north to be near his family.
  • Valley11 said:

Dale Stephens just posted an honest Tweet to Brighton fans after his transfer request and proposed move to Burnley fell through (can't do linky thing)

Hmm... Doesnt mention anywhere that had he not got himself sent off against Middlesbrough then Brighton could have won that day and if not then would have been available for the Play-Offs
  • edited September 2016

Chelsea have 38 on loan

Here goes: Tammy Abraham - Bristol City, Nathan Ake - Bournemouth, Bekanty Victorien Angban - Granada, Christian Atsu - Newcastle, Baba Rahman - Schalke, Lewis Baker - Vitesse Arnhem, Patrick Bamford - Burnley, Nathan Baxter - Metropolitan Police (until January), Mitchell Beeney - Crawley (until January), Jamal Blackman - Wycombe (until January), Jeremie Boga - Granada, Isaiah Brown - Rotherham, Andreas Christensen - Borussia Monchengladbach, Jake Clarke-Salter - Bristol Rovers, Charlie Colkett - Bristol Rovers, Dion Conroy - Aldershot (until January), Juan Cuadrado - Juventus (three-year loan), Cristian Cuevas - Sint-Truidense, Alex Davey - Crawley (until January), Matej Delac - Royal Excel Mouscron, Islam Feruz - Royal Excel Mouscron, Michael Hector - Eintracht Frankfurt, Jordan Houghton - Doncaster (until January), Tomas Kalas - Fulham, Kenedy - Watford, Alex Kiwomya - Crewe (until January), Matt Miazga - Vitesse Arnhem, Charly Musonda - Real Betis, Nathan - Vitesse Arnhem, Kenneth Omeruo - Alanyaspor, Kasey Palmer - Huddersfield, Danilo Pantic - Excelsior, Mario Pasalic - AC Milan, Lucas Piazon - Fulham (until January), Loic Remy - Crystal Palace, Jhoao Rodriguez - Independiente Sante Fe, Bertrand Traore - Ajax, Wallace - Gremio.
    Aside from Abraham and perhaps Palmer and Traore, i'd be surprised if any of them ever feature again for Chelsea.
    Seriously what is the point of a club like Chelsea, loaning a player to Met Police. Just release him!
    And if you're a young, up and coming defender like Christensen (who has been capped by his country), then i'm sure you'd be delighted to see them spend 55m on 2 defenders yesterday!
  • Notice that Dominic Solanke isnt included in that list... thats because he wants £50k p/w and Chelsea dont loan you out unless you sign a new deal!!

Thats a joke in its own right, yes Solanke wants a silly new Contract yet refusing to give it to him and then harming his development just shows how bad these clubs are
  • I think this looks a strong squad for league1.
    I feared the worst with Lookman being sold, but we kept him, it will be good for him as well, much better getting first team football here at he's age
  • Would love to know how far the Lookman deal got i.e.

- Did we even accept an offer
    - Did Lookman himself turn round and say no thanks?

I think the last one is important and should be leaked if so, all we ever hear about is when Players accept transfers and we think every single one of them is a mercenary yet at the same time there will be those like Louis Thompson who want to stay at their club yet fans are never aware of those scenarios
  • NowTeixeira is here till January it will be interesting to see how quickly his injury clears up.

I reckon the same time as ba's
  • Would love to know how far the Lookman deal got i.e.

- Did we even accept an offer
    - Did Lookman himself turn round and say no thanks?

I think the last one is important and should be leaked if so, all we ever hear about is when Players accept transfers and we think every single one of them is a mercenary yet at the same time there will be those like Louis Thompson who want to stay at their club yet fans are never aware of those scenarios

As Ade is out of the country, it may never have got to no. 2. We would have had our valuation of the player, and if the bids didn't meet that valuation, (or any escape clause in his contract) then there was no reason for him to be involved.

Unless the bidding club(s) contacted him directly, or through his agent. But this has a name. It's known as "tapping up", and you can get in trouble for that...

Saying that, Ade seems to be appreciative of where he is, and the chance the club have given him, so probably would like to continue his learning at The Valley.

Unlike a certain Diego Poyet...
  • NowTeixeira is here till January it will be interesting to see how quickly his injury clears up.

And Ba's illness! 2 players that apparently were not in Rusty's plans. No excuses not to use them till January and get the most of what you have in the squad available to you.