Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

Russell Slade doesn't want Ba and Texeira here, so I can't see them playing much.

Why would he not want Tex here? He's easily our best CB.
    Tex has openly told RS and KM he wants to leave. Despite having offers he chose to stay because no-one would offer his 4 year contract duration and wages. He may well be fully committed to the cause but he'll have to prove it before he's considered for a match day squad.
  • Glad Fox and Lookman are staying.
  • Just wondered if kieran Richardson is stilll a possibility as,being a free agent,he can sign for a club at any time
  • Plenty of Free agents still out there that could do a job at this level for us.

Also think that Tex wouldn't look out of place as a defensive midfielder
  • Could it be possible that KM accepted a bid for Lookman and the real reason it didn't go through was that Slade said he may leave as a threat. As it would of been too late to look for a replacement. Wouldn't be surprised.
  • Could it be possible that KM accepted a bid for Lookman and the real reason it didn't go through was that Slade said he may leave as a threat. As it would of been too late to look for a replacement. Wouldn't be surprised.

I hope not because if that's true we could have a very disaffected young player on our hand. I doubt it though.

• edited September 2016
    I wouldn't be surprised if the club announce in a few weeks an upgraded contract for Lookman, maybe that is where the buy out clause comes from! Well played
  • My football rating of Lookman is separate from my transfer rating to the Premier League.
    There is so much money available to these clubs that his price tag ought to reflect that rather than what people think a player of his status, age or ability ought to be.
    If he was to go to Crystal Palace for example I would price him at 10 million plus add ons and sell one.
    To Manchester City maybe even more.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Russell Slade doesn't want Ba and Texeira here, so I can't see them playing much.

wouldn't be at all surprised if in the next few days both had their contracts terminated with a nice settlement allowing them to go elsewhere on another decent contract and allow Roly to save money on unwanted salaries.

• Keeping Tex is bad news. I thought he was okay last year but nothing to amaze anyone. Sticking to Slade's policy as well... Tex made it very clear that he wants to leave so I have no idea why people are happy about keeping him. IF we could have offloaded him and Ba I think we would of been talking about some exciting new signings to really boost our promotions prospects. Instead, we are left with two foreigners who got us in this mess in the first place.

Yeah, fuck those foreigners eh?
  • dickplumb said:

wouldn't be at all surprised if in the next few days both had their contracts terminated with a nice settlement allowing them to go elsewhere on another decent contract and allow Roly to save money on unwanted salaries.

Fully expect this.
  • sam3110 said:

Keeping Tex is bad news. I thought he was okay last year but nothing to amaze anyone. Sticking to Slade's policy as well... Tex made it very clear that he wants to leave so I have no idea why people are happy about keeping him. IF we could have offloaded him and Ba I think we would of been talking about some exciting new signings to really boost our promotions prospects. Instead, we are left with two foreigners who got us in this mess in the first place.

Stating a fact.
  • dickplumb said:

won't happen (unless it has happened already)

Players can only move as free agents if they were free agents in the last window.

This is to stop just what you suggested happening outside of the windows.
  • dickplumb said:

won't happen (unless it has happened already)

Players can only move as free agents if they were free agents in the last window.

This is to stop just what you suggested happening outside of the windows.
    Which is why Poyet got his terminated before 11pm last night
  • dickplumb said:

Some logic there. You would have been better selling the player at a reduced cost enabling the buying club to make up the saving on his wages.

Why give away a player that has a sell on value, and who knows if a player picks up an injury, he could come in over the coming weeks have a great 3 months and get a move in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

sam3110 said:

Keeping Tex is bad news. I thought he was okay last year but nothing to amaze anyone. Sticking to Slade's policy as well... Tex made it very clear that he wants to leave so I have no idea why people are happy about keeping him. IF we could have offloaded him and Ba I think we would of been talking about some exciting new signings to really boost our promotions prospects. Instead, we are left with two foreigners who got us in this mess in the first place.

Stating a fact.
    Yes in your head. Tex was a plus last season.
    So, to confirm then.... you want a player to start games that doesn't care about the club whatsoever and made it clear he wants to leave? All this CARD and issues with the club is confusing.

• Keeping Tex is bad news. I thought he was okay last year but nothing to amaze anyone. Sticking to Slade's policy as well... Tex made it very clear that he wants to leave so I have no idea why people are happy about keeping him. IF we could have offloaded him and Ba I think we would of been talking about some exciting new signings to really boost our promotions prospects. Instead, we are left with two foreigners who got us in this mess in the first place.

The cut of your jib, it is not liked
  • Can anybody on here bring up a list of free agents.
  • markmc68 said:

Can anybody on here bring up a list of free agents.

Google is your friend http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler
  • markmc68 said:

Can anybody on here bring up a list of free agents.

Google is your friend http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler
    I'd have Hoillett, Richardson and Gobern off that list, would cover both wings and central midfield.
  • WENGER BLOCKED SANOGO MOVE

Arsene Wenger blocked a loan move from Leeds for striker Yaya Sanogo, according to The Sun.

Garry Monk was reportedly keen on taking the 23-year-old to Elland Road for the season but Wenger told the Championship club he wants to keep him at the Emirates.

Leeds dodged a bullet yesterday!!
  • Dazzler21 said:

I'm telling you, no one will take on Teixeira's wages.

He'll stay.

If he stays i do hope we actually play him. Considering we have 4 top quality CB's in Bauer Pearce Konsa and Tex it may be worth RS trying out a 532 formation with wingbacks to utilise at least 3 of these per game?
    Agree with this.
    That's why i was so disappointed with The THD sale,
    he would have been idea for the left wing back role.
  • edited September 2016