Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• It does all look a bit odd.
  • We don't know when the actual contact was cancelled. It was announced today but may have gone through yesterday.

Either way - would be worth a deal till end of the year.
  • edited September 2016
    Go get him Russ, quality little player.
  • Oggy Red said:

Dean Cox:

"But the 29-year-old has now been forced out by the east Londoners and Saturday’s clash with Mansfield Town was his last appearance for O’s."

What's all that about then?

The player has recently returned from missing 7 months of last season with injury, established himself back in their 1st team - but suddenly he's "forced out" and can't play for anyone until January.
    Is this some sort of punishment to Cox for trying to get a move?

Disgraceful

I can imagine the crowd reaction at their next home game
  • Ben18 said:

We don't know when the actual contact was cancelled. It was announced today but may have gone through yesterday.

Well if he can't play until January, he probably wouldn't be worth a deal until the end of the year
    No my point was whether or not his contract was cancelled yesterday and announced today. If it was then he would be worth a deal until he end of the year.

Has it been confirmed he can't sign for anyone?
  • Ben18 said:

We don't know when the actual contact was cancelled. It was announced today but may have gone through yesterday.

Well if he can't play until January, he probably wouldn't be worth a deal until the end of the year
    No my point was whether or not his contract was cancelled yesterday and announced today. If it was then he would be worth a deal until he end of the year.

Has it been confirmed he can't sign for anyone?
    That's what the newspaper reports have said
  • Oggy Red said:

Dean Cox:

"But the 29-year-old has now been forced out by the east Londoners and Saturday’s clash with Mansfield Town was his last appearance for O’s."

The player has recently returned from missing 7 months of last season with injury, established himself back in their 1st team - but suddenly he's "forced out" and can't play for anyone until January.

I read elsewhere that Northampton had a bid of £400,000 accepted for him yesterday but Cox refused to move there. Perhaps this is his punishment for that?

Does seem very strange that this appears to leave him unable to play until January.

Dexter Blackstock was also announced this afternoon that his contract has been cancelled by mutual agreement. Don't know whether it happened last night or not.

All very odd!
  • Essex_Al said:

Oggy Red said:

Dean Cox:

I read elsewhere that Northampton had a bid of £400,000 accepted for him yesterday but Cox refused to move there. Perhaps this is his punishment for that?

Does seem very strange that this appears to leave him unable to play until January.

Dexter Blackstock was also announced this afternoon that his contract has been cancelled by mutual agreement. Don't know whether it happened last night or not.

All very odd!
    I'm no employment lawyer, but it strikes me that this rule is unlawful.
  • Essex_Al said:

Oggy Red said:

Dean Cox:

All very odd!
    Agreed - it seems wrong that a man can be prevented from plying his trade, particularly in a very short-term career such as football.

I'm not up to date with the latest rules but, logically, would have expected them to apply to players who are actually registered to clubs, rather than to players who are free agents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Oggy Red said:

Dean Cox:

All very odd!
    Especially as his employment has been terminated, so there's no "transfer" involved if he moves to another club
  • edited September 2016

Essex_Al said:

Oggy Red said:

Dean Cox:

All very odd!
    Especially as his employment has been terminated, so there's no "transfer" involved if he moves to another club
    couldn't the legislation of terminating a contract be based upon a player being paid up until the next transfer window?
    May be a way round it, considering players surely wouldn't agree to terminate contracts if they can't do anything for 4-5 months
  • If you aren't training with a team for 4-5 months you'll struggle to waltz into a first team role.

It's quite a punishment unless he gets someone to allow him to train with them.
  • If you aren't training with a team for 4-5 months you'll struggle to waltz into a first team role.

I'd guess that'd more than likely be us, local, knows Slade, plus Slade might want a good look at him before the window opens.

I'd guess that'd more than likely be us, local, knows Slade, plus Slade might want a good look at him before the window opens.

Let's hope so. It's what I had in mind when I wrote the earlier post.

Let's hope so. It's what I had in mind when I wrote the earlier post.
    Greenwich Boro taking to him on twitter by the looks, in jest mostly but apparently he can play below league 2. Would work in our favour I'd say, nice and local.
  • Always been a fan of Cox.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/14719162.Exclusive__Charlton_ace_suffers_transfer_deadline_day_heartbreak_as_move_to_Belgium_falls_through/

Jorge Teixeira deal to Zulte Waregem fell through on last day after Zulte picked up central defender Luca Marrone from Juventers.
  • vff said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/14719162.Exclusive__Charlton_ace_suffers_transfer_deadline_day_heartbreak_as_move_to_Belgium_falls_through/

Jorge Teixeira deal to Zulte Waregem fell through on last day after Zulte picked up central defender Luca Marrone from Juventers.

Good, keep paying those wages RD
  • Sponsored links:

• Cox has always struck me as a Charlton type player. Think at 29 that ship has sailed, but might be worth a year long contract
  • Can free agents released after the window closed sign for clubs but not play until January?
  • Cox has always struck me as a Charlton type player. Think at 29 that ship has sailed, but might be worth a year long contract

29 is no age, how can the ship have sailed at 29 ffs?! Messi is 29, as is Suarez, Benzema, Fabregas, Pique and Hart.

Granted he's not at the level they are, but if anything that means he can play another couple of years at our level
  • I'd let him train with us and see what kind of standard he's at after the injury.

If he's still as good as he was he's worth at least a 2 year deal.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

I'd take Poyet back in a heartbeat. Should be able to run a game in this league. Was poor last season but can't forget how good he was first time round.

No way!

Wouldn't sign a contract with us, thought the grass was greener elsewhere, left us and we got peanuts for him!

Came back last year and was shite, why on earth would we want him or need him?
    Yeah I mean why would want to sign on a free our 13/14 championship player of the year winner in his first debut season at the age of 19??
    No denying he was a great player in that season, but he should have stayed with us and learnt his trade.

Instead of that he went for the bright lights of West Ham faded into mediocrity, got loaned out several times and in the end couldn't even get in MK Dons first team!

He came to us last year was awful and was basically another total waste of money as he didn't play in the end.

So now you want him back, even on a free, once again to waste more of our wage budget!

Rather have Crofts all day long!

What is it with CL and wanting players back all the time?

sam3110 said:

Keeping Tex is bad news. I thought he was okay last year but nothing to amaze anyone. Sticking to Slade's policy as well... Tex made it very clear that he wants to leave so I have no idea why people are happy about keeping him. IF we could have offloaded him and Ba I think we would of been talking about some exciting new signings to really boost our promotions prospects. Instead, we are left with two foreigners who got us in this mess in the first place.

Yeah, fuck those foreigners eh?
    Stating a fact.
    When did Texeira make this clear exactly?
  • vff said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/14719162.Exclusive__Charlton_ace_suffers_transfer_deadline_day_heartbreak_as_move_to_Belgium_falls_through/

Why wasnt he just loaded to Truiden?
  • colthe3rd said:

Always been a fan of Cox.

He's only little though so I guess you'd be alright ;)
  • vff said:

Why wasnt he just loaded to Truiden?
    Duchatelet would still be paying his wages there.

Holmes is 29