Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I imagine Slade and Tex will have sat down and discussed his future.

The only way Tex will get a move in January (unless we pay him off which would be very expensive, and a hard decision to make for someone who was a success on the pitch) will be if he's playing regularly and well, so there is an incentive to put him in the team, and him to perform to his maximum.

On the other hand, that would be really harsh on the other CBs, if they feel Tex is only being played as a shop window for him.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

sam3110 said:

Keeping Tex is bad news. I thought he was okay last year but nothing to amaze anyone. Sticking to Slade's policy as well... Tex made it very clear that he wants to leave so I have no idea why people are happy about keeping him. IF we could have offloaded him and Ba I think we would of been talking about some exciting new signings to really boost our promotions prospects. Instead, we are left with two foreigners who got us in this mess in the first place.

Yeah, fuck those foreigners eh?
    Stating a fact.
    Yes in your head. Tex was a plus last season.
    So, to confirm then.... you want a player to start games that doesn't care about the club whatsoever and made it clear he wants to leave? All this CARD and issues with the club is confusing.

Did Tex make it clear? Post a link please?
    Actually, at the meet the players event after the pre)season friendly, Jorge gave me the impression he was happy to stay and fight for his place.

If he was do keen to leave, he didn't show it against Welling or Orient (where he went off injured).

And if he was so keen to leave, why did RS take him on the Austrian trip?
    A little bit odd that we signed Pearce, if Slade was expecting Tex (and Bauer?) to stay though.

As it happened Tex and Lennon picked up injuries, and Roger effed off to the crowd, but without this we would have started the season with Tex and Lennon as our CBs!
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

sam3110 said:

Keeping Tex is bad news. I thought he was okay last year but nothing to amaze anyone. Sticking to Slade's policy as well... Tex made it very clear that he wants to leave so I have no idea why people are happy about keeping him. IF we could have offloaded him and Ba I think we would of been talking about some exciting new signings to really boost our promotions prospects. Instead, we are left with two foreigners who got us in this mess in the first place.

Stating a fact.
    So, to confirm then.... you want a player to start games that doesn't care about the club whatsoever and made it clear he wants to leave? All this CARD and issues with the club is confusing.

Did Tex make it clear? Post a link please?
    Actually, at the meet the players event after the pre)season friendly, Jorge gave me the impression he was happy to stay and fight for his place.

If he was do keen to leave, he didn't show it against Welling or Orient (where he went off injured).

And if he was so keen to leave, why did RS take him on the Austrian trip?

I think the nature of the board and owner in regards to smoke screens, being economical with the truth as well as outright lies make it hard to know exactly what's going on!
  • Would be very easy for one of the reporters at the weekly press conference to ask if Slade would clarify the position re Tex.
  • dickplumb said:

Russell Slade doesn't want Ba and Texeira here, so I can't see them playing much.

Why would he not want Tex here? He's easily our best CB.
    wouldn't be at all surprised if in the next few days both had their contracts terminated with a nice settlement allowing them to go elsewhere on another decent contract and allow Roly to save money on unwanted salaries.

Some logic there. You would have been better selling the player at a reduced cost enabling the buying club to make up the saving on his wages.

Why give away a player that has a sell on value, and who knows if a player picks up an injury, he could come in over the coming weeks have a great 3 months and get a move in January.
    Understand what you are saying but logic goes out of the window when you are dealing with KM and RD and they have history of doing this already on numerous occasions. Anyway, as Henry Irving explained this can't now happen anyway.
  • Diarra :(

Massive loss. Was my favourite player at the club :(
  • Yeah I'm also gutted. I was looking forward to seeing one last year from him.

Crofts or Diarra, Crofts or Diarra...

Hmmmm.
  • Bolton seem to have done a good bit of transfer dealings in the last few days , I thought they were a basket case like us ?
  • Sponsored links:

• just seen the Diarra news so maybe Tex and Ba may yet follow suit.

definitely won't happen with Tex, possibly Ba though. Be absolutely crazy if we do it with Ba, not everyones cup of tea but surely will get some game time given how light we are in CM.
  • Tex wont leave as he wont get the wage we are paying him anywhere else.
  • Dizzle said:

Diarra :(

The midfielder leaves the club to be closer to his family in France
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/index.aspx#RtMpkUPJzDt2K4rX.99

Brighton then? Perhaps the Gills? Southend even?

definitely won't happen with Tex, possibly Ba though. Be absolutely crazy if we do it with Ba, not everyones cup of tea but surely will get some game time given how light we are in CM.
    I think Ba would be useful in the shit league we find ourselves in.

• Dizzle said:

Nah he didnt say he wants to go up North!

• Dizzle said:

signed for Nancy

• Dizzle said:

We have so many homesick players don't we. I would think Diarra has spent most of his career away from the bosom of his nearest and dearest. Sounds like a lot of old flannel to me to placate the plebs in this cost cutting exercise.
  • edited September 2016

Dizzle said:

signed for Nancy
    Is that like a friend of Dorothy???? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

signed for Nancy
    Is Bill Sikes the manager there?
  • Greenie said:

sam3110 said:

Stating a fact.

Where is the source for saying he wants to leave?
  • alangee said:

Greenie said:

sam3110 said:

Stating a fact.

Where is the source for saying he wants to leave?
    There isn't one
  • edited September 2016
    From what I remember, Tex has been an complete diplomat whenever asked about his future.

Countless times at the end of last season he was asked about his future at the club and continued to say that he'd sit down with his Agent and would see what happened over the summer... Well he's seen what has happened over the summer, he's remaining at the Valley so if he plays then I fully expect him to play to the best of his ability (and hopefully get a few more last minute winners).

He also only missed two pre-season fixtures (against Ipswich and RKC)...

Doesnt seem the attitude from Slade if he doesnt want him here?
  • From what I remember, Tex has been an complete diplomat whenever asked about his future.

Countless times at the end of last season he was asked about his future at the club and continued to say that he'd sit down with his Agent and would see what happened over the summer... Well he's seen what has happened over the summer, he's remaining at the Valley so if he plays then I fully expect him to play to the best of his ability (and hopefully get a few more last minute winners).

agree

Would Slade have rather spent Tex's wages on two or three other players? I'd say yes but that's not the same as not rating him as a player.
  • From what I remember, Tex has been an complete diplomat whenever asked about his future.

agree

Would Slade have rather spent Tex's wages on two or three other players? I'd say yes but that's not the same as not rating him as a player.
    Agreed as two / three players add much more Squad depth than just one player

Hell I reckon we'd have kept Ceballos had he proven that he could last in League One Football yet as Slade explained he went because Slade didnt think he was good enough for the English game

Whats rather funny is the fact that after Tareiq left we've all been of the opinion that players are going because Slade only wants players at Charlton who want to be here, yet if you look at Slade's interviews after each players has gone, its only Cousins | Gudmundsson | Holmes-Dennis who have actually announced that wish to leave
  • Who was the signing who had the cryptic 'he's been here before' label? Couldnt be Poyet could it?
  • Could be nothing but I'll mention it incase, just thought it was interesting that Ketts mentioned Poyet's release on his post last night. If anyone knows anything it'll be him.
  • Said it before but I really don't think Ba is as bad as some make out

However he's unlikely to be given a chance by a large percentage of our support

We have far worse players I'm sure

True. He's far worse.

Pay his contract up and let's consign him to history.