Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Cox has always struck me as a Charlton type player. Think at 29 that ship has sailed, but might be worth a year long contract

Holmes is 29
    29 should be just edging towards the end of a players prime still!
  • colthe3rd said:

Always been a fan of Cox.

He's only little though so I guess you'd be alright ;)
    True, does he pass the CL length test?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cox has always struck me as a Charlton type player. Think at 29 that ship has sailed, but might be worth a year long contract

Holmes is 29
    29 should be just edging towards the end of a players prime still!
    29 is the new 25
  • vff said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/14719162.Exclusive__Charlton_ace_suffers_transfer_deadline_day_heartbreak_as_move_to_Belgium_falls_through/

Jorge Teixeira deal to Zulte Waregem fell through on last day after Zulte picked up central defender Luca Marrone from Juventers.

Why wasnt he just loaded to Truiden?
    It was obvious that we couldn't offload Tex even on loan. I'd rather play him in defensive mid than Foley.
  • When are we starting the January window thread

• The Cox thing is very odd, especially given Northampton tabled a 400k bid.
  • colthe3rd said:

Always been a fan of Cox.

Each to their own (:
    No brainer for me, I MUCH prefer (red) Fanni............ :smiley:
  • So given that we were looking to move on Ba and Tex but didn't, do you play them and put them in shop window for January or try to freeze them out. Complicated by the fact that Bauer is reported to want away and Foley's deal expires then hopefully to be replaced by Kashi who might also want away. Much may depend on our form and league position.
  • So given that we were looking to move on Ba and Tex but didn't, do you play them and put them in shop window for January or try to freeze them out. Complicated by the fact that Bauer is reported to want away and Foley's deal expires then hopefully to be replaced by Kashi who might also want away. Much may depend on our form and league position.

Considering the size of our squad i think we will have to play them if we pick up a few injuries
  • edited September 2016
    Ben18 said:

We don't know when the actual contact was cancelled. It was announced today but may have gone through yesterday.

Either way - would be worth a deal till end of the year.

Well if he can't play until January, he probably wouldn't be worth a deal until the end of the year
    That would be so funny if you know who wasn't running our club. ;)
    I can see the headlines now....... "CEO Cox up transfer deal"
  • Sponsored links:

Am out the country so may have missed this but when did Bauer say he wanted out? Or who claimed it?
  • edited September 2016
    Don't know why everybody is so excited about Cox
  • Redhenry said:

Each to their own I suppose :)
  • Redhenry said:

Only small as well.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 11m11 minutes ago
    #cpfc confirm signing of Mathieu Flamini. Free agent. 12-month deal.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 11m11 minutes ago
    #cpfc confirm signing of Mathieu Flamini. Free agent. 12-month deal.

Ex Charlton target before he went to Arsenal if I remember correctly.
  • I'd question Pardew's judgement at the moment after he stated that Zaha has the ability to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've not been impressed with Flamini in his second spell with Arsenal, he doesn't give much in the attacking end of the pitch, but isn't disciplined enough to be a defensive shield. Arsenal improved markedly when Coquelin replace him in the team
  • Isnt Flamini going to be a billionaire? Swear i read that he's come up with some sort of renewable energy or something along those lines.
  • Isnt Flamini going to be a billionaire? Swear i read that he's come up with some sort of renewable energy or something along those lines.

Yes he has invested all his money in a unique bio fuel company GF Biochemicals, employs few hundred employees and is heavily involved in all aspects of the role. If it comes off, will be one of the few alternative fuel solutions in the world with a huge potential market of £20bn. It was a secret from almost everyone for 8 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36037874

And hes just entered the US market

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/19/arsenal-midfielder-mathieu-flamini-snaps-up-us-bioplastic-firm/
  • Heard that we went in for Dawson late on deadline day but there wasn't enough time to get the deal done.
  • Redhenry any free agents we looking at ??