Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• ross1 said:
    Would be good news... finances aside, I don't think it's a move that makes sense for player or either club really.
    Burnley offered Paul Robinson a new deal which he is yet to accept so maybe they want Myhill as an experienced back up and Pope as one for the future.
  • Planning for the 17/18 season already maybe
  • Third choice keeper or first choice in league 1.... Difficult.

I agree, but I think he believes in himself and is one of a dying breed in professional football in that he enjoys playing. A good year and he will be on a lot of clubs radar. Difficult indeed.

It would be great for Pope to stay, but I'll make that decision a bit more tricky - some top quality coaching + X4 times your money. With a loan thrown in to a championship club when you are ready.
  • I'd see him as a stayer if it wasn't for Katrien. I think he got good coaching last year and must have a good bond with that coach.

But the way Hendo has been treated has to have an effect.

If we look like getting a promotion side together I think it could be a good move to stay. If not better to leave.

Could do with some certainty on some decent quality remainers.
  • Problem with Crofts is he may want to return to his first club where it all began for him

The Gillingham fan at work thinks its a done deal to them because of that reason
  • if Pope can stomach staying in the Meire regime he should press for an improved contract with a get out clause if not promoted this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

Problem with Crofts is he may want to return to his first club where it all began for him

The Gillingham fan at work thinks its a done deal to them because of that reason
    Plus he spent the end of last season there...
  • edited June 2016
    Another rumour on Twitter about Luke freeman joining. He would be good,
  • Valley11 said:

No way not a chance! Not having to go at you for posting the rumour, he's way way better than league one definitely, he's arguably Bristol city's best player! Twitter huh
  • Ok, so he has done well in league 2 as an attacking midfielder? Played at higher levels and is still young.

Could be worth a shout or could be a bit borderline.
  • Would be happy with Jed Wallace. Freeman struggled for Bristol at the start of the season, he improved under Johnson when he came in. Tomlin signing on loan helped to take some of the pressure off of Freeman to create their chances imo. He's still good enough for the Championship though so I'd be more surprised by that one.
  • Valley11 said:

I feel like there's been a rumour about Freeman signing every year since Powell joined. Is he the new Hayden Mullins?
  • uie2 said:

Shaun Hutchinson of Fulham a centre back is a target! Ex Motherwell

Source?
  • From the SkySports Transfer Centre

MONCUR HAS OPTIONS

Barnsley and Peterborough have agreed fees with Colchester for midfielder George Moncur, according to Sky sources.

The clubs have matched Colchester's £500,000 asking price and also agreed to include a number of add-on clauses which could see the fee eventually rise to £750,000.

Moncur is yet to decide on a move, despite holding initial discussions with both sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

This signing new players is going well....

Look at it this way, at least we haven't signed any crap yet.
  • I'd rather we sign the right ones than the available ones.

It's still early so I'd suggest the next fortnight will be busier in both directions. Unfortunately we nearly always end up leaving it too late so I hope we have a number of things bubbling under
  • If we get £5.5m will RD:-

- Pay himself a handsome dividend
    - Reduce the debt
    - Provide money for players
    - Give Pinocchio a rise
  • If we get £5.5m will RD:-

- Reduce the debt
    - Give Pinocchio a rise

I think the planned budget is pretty much set in stone. Any money left after the budget will go to reducing the level of loss.

• edited June 2016

If we get £5.5m will RD:-

- Reduce the debt
    - Give Pinocchio a rise

I think the planned budget is pretty much set in stone. Any money left after the budget will go to reducing the level of loss.

Yes, I forgot to include off-setting the annual losses which is the most likely. Just becoming too cynical under this regime.
  • Valley11 said:

This signing new players is going well....

Look at it this way, at least we haven't signed any crap yet.
    Or look at it this way

We haven't signed any crap yet!
  • Remember the days when transfer inactivity at this time of year was down to Charlton scouting at the Euros/WC...

Makes yer weep it does. I try not to think about it!

The Albanian 4th choice centre back might be part of the network

Is it true that curbs would never sign a player based on a good international tournament as this doesn't give an insight into the character of a player over a domestic season
  • Lee Novak according to SLP