Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I really really really hope Katrien isn't just using Chris Wilder's list and going after them.

That would be a very low thing to do.

Might also account for why we've reportedly lost a couple of players that way to Sheff Utd.....
  • If Sheffield United come good next season i will eat my other pair of underpants!

You'd have to change your name to commando_jones
  • Swisdom said:

I really really really hope Katrien isn't just using Chris Wilder's list and going after them.

Might also account for why we've reportedly lost a couple of players that way to Sheff Utd.....

I think it's more likely just a case of two similar sized clubs, with similar budgets, similar ambitions, and in the same division, unsurprisingly, being interested in several of the same players.
  • DA9DA9
    edited June 2016

I will eat my own underpants (yes i have two pairs!!!) IF Charlton Athletic get their business done in short order this year.

1) We are the laughing stock of English football.
    2) We have a gross incompetant as CEO.
    3) As a club, historically we have NEVER paid the "market rate" for anything.
    4) RD is a Guiness World Record holder in the shortest arms longest pockets catagory.

In fact the year Powell et al purchased a whole new team was extraordinary and unprecedented in my known history of this club. My flabber was truly gasted that close season!<</b>/blockquote>

Seem to remember Lennie Lawrence buying virtually a whole new squad in the summer of 85.

• Players who are free agents will have had calls from Jan/Feb onwards. But they'd be silly to jump at the first offer.

Which is why they will bide their time. They could have an offer on table now, but a bigger clubs asset may be sold, and look for a replacement.
  • Swisdom said:

I really really really hope Katrien isn't just using Chris Wilder's list and going after them.

Why would it be low?

If Slade wants them as well we have every right to bid for them
  • DA9 said:

Swisdom said:

Why would it be low?

If Slade wants them as well we have every right to bid for them
    I think he means that Wilder gave us a list of players as KM said he'd have autonomy over transfers and then we didn't give it in writing as promised. KM still has his list. I wouldn't call it a low thing to do as Brussel might have had some of the same names on his list but it is a bit underhand, sort of.

• Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

Lee novak would be a excellent signing!

Like Pawel Abbott was?
    colin1961 said:

Question .... How many other teams have brought players not many ... nothing will start moving till end of June whe teams start returning for pre season and when contracts expire

Bought* sorry everyone, this is not me bullying Colin!!!! This is the fact the Mrs has corrected me for last year, so much so I have nightmares about the incorrect usage/spelling.
  • uie2 said:

Lee novak would be a excellent signing!

Like Pawel Abbott was?
    Sorry, uie2, I was being a bit glib and cynical there. Having looked at his bio, I think Novak would be a very decent signing at this level.
  • DA9 said:

I will eat my own underpants (yes i have two pairs!!!) IF Charlton Athletic get their business done in short order this year.

4) RD is a Guiness World Record holder in the shortest arms longest pockets catagory.

In fact the year Powell et al purchased a whole new team was extraordinary and unprecedented in my known history of this club. My flabber was truly gasted that close season!<</b>/blockquote>

Seem to remember Lennie Lawrence buying virtually a whole new squad in the summer of 85.

You have point.
  • DA9 said:

You have point.
    The Russians have infiltrated the forum.
  • Schweinsteigers legs have gone. He's the German Johnnie Jackson ;0)

Didn't do to bad getting on the end of that cross to score though :)
  • If Wilder gave us a list of players he wanted and Slade wants the same player it should tell Roland that they are probably right and he should dip into those deep pockets of his.

There is nothing underhand in any of this, I was putting Moncours name forward at Xmas and I hardly know a thing about this league so to those who job is to know will know all of these targets .

Anyway, tough tittie. I think he he was the dishonorable party in the deal so have no sympathy for him of Sheffield United.
  • colin1961 said:

Slade going after players he wants not anyone else

Or do you mean that no one else wants?
    I was going to lol that one, but you have too many as it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

fenn3098 said:

I really don't understand why some people are getting their knickers in a twist about Pope. God help this page when Lookman goes

And all based on a Twitter account set up by a 14 year old in his bedroom.
    I assume you missed the bit where his Uncle is reported to have said a fee has been agreed and Pope wants to go. I don't think his Uncle is 14.
    Unlikely but not impossible.
  • edited June 2016
    Oscar gobern and Aaron Martin linked ... Both free transfers (surprisingly :unamused: )
  • Wouldn't be impressed with either if they were in the starting 11. Would be decent as squad players.
  • Wouldn't be impressed with either if they were in the starting 11. Would be decent as squad players.

Have you seen them both play?. What do you know about them?.
  • sammy391 said:

Oscar gobern and Aaron Martin linked ... Both free transfers (surprisingly :unamused: )

Wouldn't be impressed with either if they were in the starting 11. Would be decent as squad players.

The former is a name that I recognised and his performances made over spending QPR buy him, would probably be an excellent purchase for L1. The other bloke played the whole season for Coventry so who knows, probably all rubbish though.
  • Don't recognise either player to be honest... Aaron Martin doesn't sound bad though, has a lot of experience, sounds like a combined Morrison / Taylor sort of signing based on the sort of clubs he's played for
  • edited June 2016
    It's encouraging to be linked with the likes of Moncur, Novak, Hutchinson and O'Hara. British players rather than Belgian part timers.
    Less encouraging to be linked with Martin and Gobern. Released by Coventry and Huddersfield.
    Hope KM doesn't try to do this 'buying British' thing on the mega cheap.
  • Valley11 said:

It's encouraging to be linked with the likes of Moncur, Novak, Hutchinson and O'Hara. British players rather than Belgian part timers.
    Less encouraging to be linked with Martin and Gobern. Released by Coventry and Huddersfield.
    Hope KM doesn't try to do this 'buying British' thing on the mega cheap.

Were they released or did they decide against signing new Contracts?
  • 'Top six budget' but we're still trying to sign players on a free that no other club wants. British manager but same old story.