Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• When she really means temsmead

Well at least they won't find it.....
  • Fumbluff said:

jdsd42 said:

Did I read it right ....................Charlton held talks with free agent Lee Novak yesterday as they look to make their first major breakthrough in the summer transfer window

and then he signed for Northampton lols
    That was Alex Revell!! Not Novak,
  • so that explains why Tony Watt has a river view apartment in the Woolwich Arsenal development. TJ showed him around when he signed.
  • When's pre season ?
  • When's pre season ?

First game is 9th July so probably two weeks prior to then
  • Thanks. Remind me how many players we are expecting to "turn over" ?
  • edited June 2016
    colin1961 said:

Well we still have 31 professionals on our books .....players don't get officially released until July

Yeah they're released on the 1st July... Welling is the 9th July?
  • colin1961 said:

Well we still have 31 professionals on our books .....players don't get officially released until July

...but those being released have been named already (Reza, Pigott, etc). If they are under contract, they are obliged to return to training (whenever that might be) or they won't get paid (unless they are playing in the Euros with the clubs blessing or injured!).
  • Sponsored links:

• It's lucky the euros are on to distract us from this hive of activity
  • Ricky Holmes has handed in a transfer request at Northampton...

We can but hope I suppose.
  • J
    matt88 said:

Ricky Holmes has handed in a transfer request at Northampton...

We can but hope I suppose.

Ha, hope that he can't agree terms with sheff Utd
  • Johann and Yann were probably the worst signings in our entire history. Bloody frees.

Not forgetting Andy Hunt.
  • colin1961 said:

we have already announced our retained list, maybe you missed it, but the date of 1st July means nothing, it's an irrelevance really. Have you not noticed clubs already signing players? Their contracts will start on 1st July but doesn't mean you can't sign one now. No one is officially released until 1st July as their old contract runs until 30th June and their current club is paying them until that date but that doesn't stop them signing elsewhere as at 1st July.

I thought that was what Colin said. It's funny old forum when he gets laughed at and you get liked for saying essentially the same thing.

I'm not sure I would dismiss the date up to which I will be paid, and after which I will no longer be paid, as an irrelevance.
  • We are after Nicky Ajose. Novak will choose us or Bolton. Was told Novak would score 20+ goals for us.?
  • Redhenry said:

We are after Nicky Ajose. Novak will choose us or Bolton. Was told Novak would score 20+ goals for us.?

Nicky Ajose scored a hat full for Swindon. I would think there would be quite a few after him and would cost a lot. At least we are getting linked to a few good players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

We are after Nicky Ajose. Novak will choose us or Bolton. Was told Novak would score 20+ goals for us.?

Nicky Ajose scored a hat full for Swindon. I would think there would be quite a few after him and would cost a lot. At least we are getting linked to a few good players.
    Being linked means nothing. It's all spin and lies 'till proved otherwise.
    Or am I being too harsh on the regime still?
  • Didnt Swindon turn down a 500k bid from an un-named Championship side for Nicky Ajose?
  • DRAddick said:

Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

The regimes previous history has caused this negativity. At this stage of the close season I reckon it's agents trying to create interest in their clients
  • DRAddick said:

Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

Genuine interest, but u are right, wait and see.
  • Redhenry said:

Appreciate the info, RedHenry.

• Saw that Ajose was nominated for L1 player of the year
  • Scoham said:

Hope it's because Slade doesn't want him rather than we won't pay £500k.

Could argue it's a lot to pay for a player relegated from League One. I think we signed Green after he was relegated with Dagenham, like Moncur he had a good goalscoring record but never made the step up to the Championship.
    Well the others have pretty much offered up £750k (inc. Addons) which is definitely a lot for a League Two player.