Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Novak, quite pleased we beat Bolton to it.

Fingers crossed on this one. I didn't like him when he was at Huddersfield a few years ago but he's certainly a nuisance for defenders.
  • I went down to the valley today with my 3 year old step son(his first visit) we visited the club shop an oldish chap came in asked the shop staff guy if there was any news on signings? The guy behind the till said no but Russell Slade had been down the valley everyday since he joined us trying to get players in! Anyway the supporter chap then said last season we should have done better with the players we had and I was shocked to hear the guy behind the till reply and I quote "we was never going to stay up with the fans behaving the way they did and being against the owner!!! I thought are the kidding me mate! What a joke!
  • God multi millionaire owner and we can't compete with Barnsley and Peterborough joke
  • Is Novak a target man? If so, maybe someone else is going to be signed to work alongside him?
  • Not sure if on here but looks like we might be close on signing Holmes. Northampton fans rate him very highly, so doesn't seem to be one of those 'not bothered he's off, we've got xxxx to replace him'.
    http://www.thehotelend.co.uk
    And his You Tube video is decent.....;-)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F1DX1i2wW4s
  • colin1961 said:

Ricky Holmes hopes asking for a move will force the club to accept newly relegated Charlton offer. It's been reported that one offer has been turned down but expect a deal to go through now the player has made his stand.
    Holmes comes from Essex and favours a move back south.

Back South from Northampton?

Good one Mr Wum.
  • colin1961 said:

Ricky Holmes hopes asking for a move will force the club to accept newly relegated Charlton offer. It's been reported that one offer has been turned down but expect a deal to go through now the player has made his stand.

Sheffield United it is then.
  • CAFCsayer said:

colin1961 said:

Good one Mr Wum.
    Is Essex not South of Northampton?
    Good one Mr Attention seeker.
    There is South and South though, that move would be South with a lower case s, so more south.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Good one Mr Wum.
    yawn.........

• Is Novak a target man? If so, maybe someone else is going to be signed to work alongside him?

Ketts suggesting Slade prefers two mobile strikers rather than a target man.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201606&date=20160615&time=2155
  • CAFCsayer said:

cfgs said:

CAFCsayer said:

colin1961 said:

Good one Mr Wum.
    Is Essex not South of Northampton?
    Good one Mr Attention seeker.
    There is South and South though, that move would be South with a lower case s, so more south.
    Considering he is from Essex, it is a move back South. Colin is a bellend, but he's getting baited even when he is actually talking sense now. It's boring.
    True, but as soon as those moaning about him quieten down he ramps it up. Now he is making up exact figures we have supposedly bid, the bloke is odd.
  • Soooo, who gonna take the pens then?
  • Wasn't Holmes the L2 player of the year

Can't grumble
  • colin1961 said:

I heard down the Valley caff that reduced season ticket sales have really bitten deep and any incomings will be either frees or out of contracts.

Shame that. No doubt it will be the fans fault if e have a shit season
    not sure that's 100% true the last figure I heard few weeks back now was 5,487 was sold.
    Compared to same time last season the club was happy with early sales
    Then why are people getting calls about renewing for next season. If they are happy they would not be ringing. Or have you been given a load of old bollocks to pass on.
  • uie2 said:

I went down to the valley today with my 3 year old step son(his first visit) we visited the club shop an oldish chap came in asked the shop staff guy if there was any news on signings? The guy behind the till said no but Russell Slade had been down the valley everyday since he joined us trying to get players in! Anyway the supporter chap then said last season we should have done better with the players we had and I was shocked to hear the guy behind the till reply and I quote "we was never going to stay up with the fans behaving the way they did and being against the owner!!! I thought are the kidding me mate! What a joke!

Club Shop Kenny
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

uie2 said:

I went down to the valley today with my 3 year old step son(his first visit) we visited the club shop an oldish chap came in asked the shop staff guy if there was any news on signings? The guy behind the till said no but Russell Slade had been down the valley everyday since he joined us trying to get players in! Anyway the supporter chap then said last season we should have done better with the players we had and I was shocked to hear the guy behind the till reply and I quote "we was never going to stay up with the fans behaving the way they did and being against the owner!!! I thought are the kidding me mate! What a joke!

Club Shop Kenny
    To be fair the guy works in our club shop and may not necessarily be a supporter. If all his involvement is is to see the protests then he is unlikely to have the strength of feeling of the fans
  • Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:

uie2 said:

Club Shop Kenny
    To be fair the guy works in our club shop and may not necessarily be a supporter. If all his involvement is is to see the protests then he is unlikely to have the strength of feeling of the fans
    He is a supporter or so I thought, he was at Blackpool away when we stayed up under Riga and when he wasn't at the club shop for a bit, he used to turn up to some games in a CAFC shirt.
  • Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:

uie2 said:

Club Shop Kenny
    Did not stop him having a moan on the video at the infamous powerpointless meeting with Meire last November
  • Scoham said:

Is Novak a target man? If so, maybe someone else is going to be signed to work alongside him?

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201606&date=20160615&time=2155
    Mak and Tucedean. Nailed on.
  • Scoham said:

Is Novak a target man? If so, maybe someone else is going to be signed to work alongside him?

Mak and Tucedean. Nailed on.
    Mak has already signed for Preston!
  • uie2 said:

Doesn't surprise me. When I was handing out alternative programmes at the Burnley game, a supporter said to me, "I don't want one. I should protest against you lot. You ruin the game for us."