Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Imo Ajose is a diamond at this level & far better than Moncur.

I'd pay £750K for Ajose, but not £500K for Moncur.

Imo Ajose is one Jose too many.
  • I have never seen Moncur play, so maybe he is a superstar in the making, but $750k seems a high price for a player with one good season in League 1, being signed from a team in League 2.

True, he does core goals at League 1 level, but so did Jonny Jackson and he was free. Nicky Bailey I think was about that price, but we were in the championship when we signed him and still getting parachute money (I think).

I'm as desperate for some good news as any one else, but I can understand the club politely declining at that price.

Parachute money, who from?
  • I have never seen Moncur play, so maybe he is a superstar in the making, but $750k seems a high price for a player with one good season in League 1, being signed from a team in League 2.

True, he does core goals at League 1 level, but so did Jonny Jackson and he was free. Nicky Bailey I think was about that price, but we were in the championship when we signed him and still getting parachute money (I think).

I'm as desperate for some good news as any one else, but I can understand the club politely declining at that price.

Parachute money, who from?
    The Premier League, presumably. We managed to fall so fast we were relegated out of the Championship whilst still getting recompensed from the FIRST relegation... if memory serves.
  • http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118371&headline=Charlton have improved bid for Colchester midfielder rejected&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Our final bid for Moncur came two days after we confirmed Russell Slade...

Surely we wouldnt have made that bid if Slade wasnt interested?

Errrr this is Charlton we are talking about, what has Slade got to do with what players we sign.
    Well according to Colin we're not signing Moncur because Slade doesnt want to know
    Hang on! Has anyone ever seen Coiln & Russell Slade in the same room?

He knows tooooo much....hmmm
  • £500k for a young player who is sought after and clearly a talent isn't a lot if you build your team around him. Let's not pretend we don't want him, because someone will pay it.
  • Can't believe he is only 24, seems to have been around forever. Has already played for 9 different clubs and from what I remember of him, he wasn't very good.

To be fair though, the above compilation looks pretty good, so he must have had a very good season. Not sure I'd want us to pay over the odds for him though!
  • edited June 2016
    colin1961 said:

News on a former player
    OFFICIAL: Striker Ade Azeez has joined Partick Thistle on a two-year contract following is release by AFC Wimbledon.

When was this? last Friday? :smiley:
  • edited June 2016
    So we'd be happy to sign a one season L1 striker for £750k but ok with letting a full international go for £1m, when he looked to be heading for a similar strike rate at a higher level. Weird!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

News on a former player
    OFFICIAL: Striker Ade Azeez has joined Partick Thistle on a two-year contract following is release by AFC Wimbledon.

When does Saddam Hussain have his breakfast?

When Ade Azeez...

Geddit? oh, that's Tariq sorry!
  • I didn't realise that Ajose had scored so many last season. Up until then he had been average but I didn't realise he's only just turned 24 and so is probably coming into his prime.

On balance, 500-750k would probably be worth it. Sounds like BWP2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l88qojbpPgw

At last - a decent youtube clip to watch!

Some decent finishes in there. As always, it doesn't tell the story of his link up play, but looks sharp in the penalty area.

Incidentally I watched the suggested video that came afterwards - goals, assist and skills from Jon Obika last season. Some very nice stuff in there, looks to have been playing out wide mostly for them.
  • Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but Novak has said he'll be making his decision over the new few days.
  • Braking news, Ajose joining for anywhere but Charlton shocker.

Fortunately we will later know that Slade wasn't interestedly our resident fly on the wall will confirm shortly after it is announced he is going elsewhere.
  • To further back up my statement of us struggling and people denying it/questioning it. Seems we've had a couple bids (at a minimum, one) for Ricky Holmes declined.. That'll be him off to Sheffield United.

Poor old Slade, already be growing tired in his new job.
  • edited June 2016
    Hang on, where is the link between Ajose and Charlton? Wasn't it just a random comment that's generated 50 responses?
  • I heard down the Valley caff that reduced season ticket sales have really bitten deep and any incomings will be either frees or out of contracts.
  • So we'd be happy to sign a one season L1 striker for £750k but ok with letting a full international go for £1m, when he looked to be heading for a similar strike rate at a higher level. Weird!!!

Not really, one person on here said we are after him and a few others guessed he'd cost about £750k.

Who's confirmed we'll be selling a player for £1m?
  • Scoham said:

So we'd be happy to sign a one season L1 striker for £750k but ok with letting a full international go for £1m, when he looked to be heading for a similar strike rate at a higher level. Weird!!!

Not really, one person on here said we are after him and a few others guessed he'd cost about £750k.

Who's confirmed we'll be selling a player for £1m?
    Colin I would guess
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard down the Valley caff that reduced season ticket sales have really bitten deep and any incomings will be either frees or out of contracts.

Shame that. No doubt it will be the fans fault if e have a shit season
  • I wish I had the same level of access to inside information as Colin.

Such certainty is enviable. Riddled as I am with doubt about our ability attract player in a head to head bid.

I take comfort in knowing that my concerns are groundless and it is only because I am not on the inside that I feel this way.
  • colin1961 said:

News on a former player

When Ade Azeez...

Geddit? oh, that's Tariq sorry!
    I don't get it....

When Tariq Holmes-Dennis

• Redhenry said:

Novak, quite pleased we beat Bolton to it.

Out of contract .
  • Ok, Is this Lee Novak just running out of contract at Birmingham and been on loan to Chesterfield where he scored a bit shy of 1 in 2 last season?

If so, he sounds pretty good, if not stellar, I hope he keeps moving on but with Charlton.

Be nice to have at least one name on the team sheet for next year.
  • At his age should be somewhere near his peak. Also English with decent experience which makes a change for this ownership.

Mixed scoring record but perhaps League One is his level and he was never a regular with Birmingham, 42 league starts mainly over two seasons.

Season - Goals (including cup) - Division
    15/16 - 15 - League One
    14/15 - 2 - Championship
    13/14 - 10 - Championship
    12/13 - 6 - Championship
    11/12 - 17 - League One