Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I know we're playing Wimbledon this year so I don't mind us getting Novak in. The problem is that we've still got a Murray and a Roger. If Williams comes back, we really are in dire straits.
  • No way Ajose :)

I have done that one already.

• Didnt Swindon turn down a 500k bid from an un-named Championship side for Nicky Ajose?

Really?
  • Or maybe Wilder and Slade agreed on some players, which I'd say is likely.
  • Scoham said:

Or maybe Wilder and Slade agreed on some players, which I'd say is likely.
    2 different English managers at the helms of 2 of the "bigger" clubs in League 1 looking at similar players? Leave off Scoham
  • If true that'd be a splendid start.
  • Archie Edwards whilst a decent prospect, is a footballing waif. He'd been eaten for breakfast in League One.

Although I get what you are saying here, I would also suggest that if we hadn't got relegated we would have been looking to loan him to a L1 side this season for experience. I think Roland merely loaned Charlton to L1 for a year so our youngsters can get experience at a lower level.

#BelieveInThePlan
  • Sponsored links:

• That's a very good start!
  • First exciting transfer for 2 years for me, maybe with the exception of Watt.
  • Undisclosed though....
  • Interesting video of the Medical
  • Not expecting it to happen, but a team of:

Pope
    Solly Diarra Bauer Fox
    Holmes Jackson Dawson Harriott
    Novak Ajose

With people like Gobern, Martin, Lewis and Hutchinson as well would be a decent start.

However a team like that with a bench of Ba, Muldoon, KAG, Umerah, RCC and Edwards would not be a good start.

Pleased we got him in over Sheffield United though, as I'm sure they would have been interested
  • Redhenry said:

Novak, Holmes and Ajose signing!

If we sign these 3 I will be absolutely shellshocked and will throw it out there that we will piss it and maybe Roland has changed his tune. Ajose and Holmes would be superb signings at this level and would not be cheap
  • Whats happened to our interest in the Holmes from Huddersfield?
  • Whats happened to our interest in the Holmes from Huddersfield?

We already have 2 Holmes, many teams are Holmesless, we can't get too greedy now can we?
  • So Holmes is a winger who has been a striker but has had some foot injuries which have limited his scoring in recent years?

Has anyone seen him play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely looks like one to woo the female S/T holders back...
  • So Holmes is a winger who has been a striker but has had some foot injuries which have limited his scoring in recent years?

So Holmes is a winger who has been a striker but has had some foot injuries which have limited his scoring in recent years?

He got 11 from the wing last year
  • I'd be amazed with we got Ajose
  • I'd be amazed with we got Ajose

Well if BBC are reporting it...

Although I guess there is nothing to stop Birmingham from coming back with a new bid, the amount weve offered shows the club are prepared to spend though and that every one has a price (i.e. Moncur)
  • Deal has been agreed with Swindon just down to personal terms
  • colin1961 said:

FOOTBALL : @BBCWiltshire understands deal struck for @Official_STFC's Nicky Ajose to join Charlton for fee in the region of £800,000 #stfc

I expect a championship team to come in with a last minute better offer. Hope I'm wrong
  • Had a message earlier that the deal for Ajose was done. My response was that I'd be amazed if it was true - not that he is the best player in the world, more the number of Championship clubs sniffing around him.
  • Had never heard of Holmes or Ajose until they were linked with us, Novak vaguely but not enough to comment. Do people getting excited on here have any more knowledge other than their YouTube vids to get excited about? CEJ apart who seems to have a history of calling these things well.

Seem like good fits for League One so well done the club, still don't see myself renewing unless they follow up with KM leaving.
  • edited June 2016
    Maybe we are still an attractive club to join! Same as Portsmouth attracting decent players from league one! I think pompey have been doing a deal for Jay O'shea of Chesterfield, so like the First full Powell season no reason we can't get the leagues best players now!