Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

A couple of new players doesn't change anything for me. The damage has been done. I won't be returning to The Valley until Duchatelet and Katrien Meire are gone.

How about letting the rest of us enjoy the fact that we have made a decent signing with the likelihood of more to come!

We don't need to be constantly reminded that you aren't coming next season!
    Essex_Al said:

A couple of new players doesn't change anything for me. The damage has been done. I won't be returning to The Valley until Duchatelet and Katrien Meire are gone.

How about letting the rest of us enjoy the fact that we have made a decent signing with the likelihood of more to come!

So you're not constantly reminded, don't open his posts, simple

• colin1961 said:

Everyone wanted British manager British players with league experience well the board are trying yes they made mistakes but I bet you made mistakes and learnt from them ...it's time to meet half way and say you know what I going to give them a chance ...... and get behind Russell Slade and his team

No ones saying they aren't going to get behind the team and the manager!
    It's the pratts who run the club that aren't being supported!
    Support the team not the regime was the war cry last season , and I doubt that will be forgotten , they've made mistakes yes but they HAVENT learnt from them- instead they have just criticised the fans and attacked us...

IF success comes this season , will the board and owner come out and say "yes the fans were right , all we needed was British based/experienced staff and players!" ... Nope!
  • A couple of new players doesn't change anything for me. The damage has been done. I won't be returning to The Valley until Duchatelet and Katrien Meire are gone.

That's your choice.
  • Novak
    colin1961 said:

Everyone wanted British manager British players with league experience well the board are trying yes they made mistakes but I bet you made mistakes and learnt from them ...it's time to meet half way and say you know what I going to give them a chance ...... and get behind Russell Slade and his team

Everyone wants Katie and Roly to sell up but they are still here
  • And they will still be here next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Problem is they can't afford to sell club in league 1 they would lose to much money
  • colin1961 said:

Your best post by a mile.
  • A couple of new players doesn't change anything for me. The damage has been done. I won't be returning to The Valley until Duchatelet and Katrien Meire are gone.

That's your choice.
    It certainly is. It's also my club, not theirs.
  • Problem is they can't afford to sell club in league 1 they would lose to much money

True , but remaining in league one could/would force them to sell due to losing so much money - where as promotion to the championship either comes with the club being sold for more money OR more likely Duchatelet going back to his old ways and trying again
  • Just my glass half full attitude perhaps but I'm sure Ajose will be hijacked. I hope not but he will look very attractive to Championship clubs.
  • Just my glass half full attitude perhaps but I'm sure Ajose will be hijacked. I hope not but he will look very attractive to Championship clubs.

:smiley:
  • Nug said:

A lot of people getting carried away. Yes they seem like decent signings but if Lookman, Watt, Vetokele, JBG, Cousins, Tex, Bauer, Diarra, Solly aren't here at the start of the season I don't think it will look that clever will it. Thing is none of us know how it's going to go. Cautiously optimistic but I just don't trust these idiots.

We all know that many of our better players will leave. Even if RD had sold the club to Varney's consortium, they'd go because they don't want to play 3rd division football, which is entirely unstandable.

Players, while understanding of fan's opinions, ultimately have a short career and have to think of their own self interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Just for your info, this is a transfer rumours thread.

Do us a favour an open a thread for those of you that want wallow in the fact that you are not coming next season and I can promise you that I wont be opening it!

Simple!
    Just for your info this is a public forum, available to anyone who wants to post whether on or off subject. You don't like it ? tough, crawl back under your rock.
    Yeah, a forum that I have been on since the day it was formed!

Not going to open you're wallowing thread then twobob?
  • Pleased with the new players, we know it is offset by the players leaving who are obviously too good for league 1. However we assume it will be JBG, Igor and Lookman going, but I would be concerned if it's others like Bauer and Tex

Bauer and his injury last season may have other clubs doubtful on him.

Teixeira and his wages may be a problem.

Ability wise the players should be on their way as are way above division 3 standard.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Just for your info, this is a transfer rumours thread.

Do us a favour an open a thread for those of you that want wallow in the fact that you are not coming next season and I can promise you that I wont be opening it!

Simple!
    F*** it, I'll start one......
  • Nug said:

A lot of people getting carried away. Yes they seem like decent signings but if Lookman, Watt, Vetokele, JBG, Cousins, Tex, Bauer, Diarra, Solly aren't here at the start of the season I don't think it will look that clever will it. Thing is none of us know how it's going to go. Cautiously optimistic but I just don't trust these idiots.

I reckon we'll see 5-6 debuts on the opening day.

agreed
  • Nug said:

I reckon we'll see 5-6 debuts on the opening day.
    I really think it could be more than that and that's why it's so hard to get too excited or pessimistic. I do think Slade could put a decent team together and he will have to do what Powell did, not only get decent quality players in but also gel them together quickly. It's a good start don't get me wrong I just hope they support him fully and I have my doubts about that.
  • Jury is still hearing the case, still a bit early to be calling a verdict.

Am still very happy with having a manager who looks like he's got a bit about him in a way that I can relate to, a head scout who may have a clue what he's doing and will be setting up a structure (source slade's opening interview), a decent midfielder and hope we get the other two mentioned as well.

Although the regime is well capable of screwing up anything and everything as we have seen repeatedly, there is cautious optimism from me today as a result of steps being taken in the right direction.

Not that I'd want to be here, or the regime to be with us, but let's hope when the pre-season squad plays its first game, we have a good squad, and that we hold it together as the temptation comes in to sell some of our championship players.
  • I see the Swindon chairman is Lee Power, is that the same Lee Power who once played for us, on loan I think?