Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• CAFCsayer said:

colin1961 said:

Ricky Holmes hopes asking for a move will force the club to accept newly relegated Charlton offer. It's been reported that one offer has been turned down but expect a deal to go through now the player has made his stand.
    Holmes comes from Essex and favours a move back south.

Back South from Northampton?

Good one Mr Wum.
    Is Essex not South of Northampton?
    Good one Mr Attention seeker.
    Good one Leo
  • colin1961 said:

Scoham said:

colin1961 said:

these possible new recruits do not mean much until we see who leaves

There will be out goings because of some the contracts our players have ....
    Which is fine if they're all properly replaced. Promoting a couple of u21s rather than making the last 2/3 signings isn't good enough.
    Holmes for Gudmunsson
    Novak for Vetokeke
    Ajose for ?

There are 5-6 under 21 that deserve their chance this season don't under estimate the talent we have , just need to be careful we don't block their route to the first team
    I don't question the talent of our u21's, I question their experience and know how to last a full season of professional football in A demanding league. Example.... Aherne grant
    Exactly, there is a huge difference between bringing talented youth into the team gradually and sensibly and relying on the same youth players to fill massive gaps in the squad. Gomez and Solly both stepped right up and looked the business from the outset but they were very much the exceptions not the rule.
  • edited June 2016
    @Redhenry this is a glut of info you're getting hold of. Any chance of a clue on your source? :-)
  • colin1961 said:

The top goal scorer for Swindon last season, Nicky Ajose, has been signed by Charlton Athletic for £800,000, according to recent reports.

Ajose was Swindon’s top goal scorer last season, netting a total of 25 goals across all competitions. The new signing, along with the recently announced Ricky Holmes, will both be key in the Addicks’ fight next season.

No what will be key will be how many players the belgians sell
    Exactly.

We sign a couple of players and people get excited.

Shooting after the horse has bolted comes to mind.
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

The top goal scorer for Swindon last season, Nicky Ajose, has been signed by Charlton Athletic for £800,000, according to recent reports.

Ajose was Swindon’s top goal scorer last season, netting a total of 25 goals across all competitions. The new signing, along with the recently announced Ricky Holmes, will both be key in the Addicks’ fight next season.

Sorry, Colin. Which source is reporting that it's a done deal?
    Twitter account called FL? Can't remember the full title
    Thanks
  • RedHenry hasn't got anything wrong yet as far as I know, Holmes, Ajose and Novak in and Igor out is decent business in my opinion.
  • RedHenry hasn't got anything wrong yet as far as I know, Holmes, Ajose and Novak in and Igor out is decent business in my opinion.

Not that I doubt him but Two of those haven't signed yet and Igor hasn't gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will JBG and Lookman be sold?.
  • SLP piece saying Novak has already signed , and that a fee has been agreed for ajose
  • Strange way of doing their Business really...

Signing our new players first are giving the fans a bit of hope and I suspect when the likes of JBG / Cousins / Vetokele go, people wont mind so much as we know who their replacements are etc.

Danger of doing that though is say we spend £2m in total on new signings... We have to ensure we get that money from sales and to break even
  • Will JBG and Lookman be sold?.

Yes.
  • thanks you Colin
  • Erhun oztumer signing?
  • @colin1961

You are a changed man, your information is good.

caveat *I am pissed following the Enger Ingerl Angleter England game*
  • Johan we will not be able to keep.igor risky how many games will he play might be better selling.if cousins goes I'm not going to valley next season.Im not sure if we should have given piggot another season got a feeling he might have done well for us in league 1. Like to see wagstaff back.
  • colin1961 said:

sammy391 said:

Erhun oztumer signing?

Comes from Greemwich and was on our books
    Could be done as early as tomorrow , IF he's coming to us
  • Macronate said:

@colin1961

You are a changed man, your information is good.

caveat *I am pissed following the Enger Ingerl Angleter England game*

You're pissed? The Welsh are probably paralytic with rage....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016
    sammy391 said:

Erhun oztumer signing?

Where's this come from?

Already been let go by us. Only 5 ft 3 so fails the height test.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhun_Oztumer
  • colin1961 said:

sammy391 said:

colin1961 said:

sammy391 said:

Erhun oztumer signing?

Comes from Greemwich and was on our books
    Could be done as early as tomorrow , IF he's coming to us
    He excellent on FM .....
    He's excellent in real life...
  • New chief scout having input, or manager's choices?
  • Anything actually behind Otzumer? Signing for an unknown league 1 club I know, but haven't seen anything to suggest we'd be getting him.
  • Anything actually behind Otzumer? Signing for an unknown league 1 club I know, but haven't seen anything to suggest we'd be getting him.

Guess it's the fact he was on our books as a youth player, nothing more
  • New chief scout having input, or manager's choices?

Hopefully the pair of them are working together!
  • Pleased with the new players, we know it is offset by the players leaving who are obviously too good for league 1. However we assume it will be JBG, Igor and Lookman going, but I would be concerned if it's others like Bauer and Tex
  • A couple of new players doesn't change anything for me. The damage has been done. I won't be returning to The Valley until Duchatelet and Katrien Meire are gone.

Amen to that.
  • A couple of new players doesn't change anything for me. The damage has been done. I won't be returning to The Valley until Duchatelet and Katrien Meire are gone.

I'm with you. I can't say I'm not happy with the signings rumours, because I am. But I won't be at the Valley until the ownership changes. I'm ready for some League One away days.