Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• cfgs said:

Swisdom said:

shirty5 said:

uie2 said:

I went down to the valley today with my 3 year old step son(his first visit) we visited the club shop an oldish chap came in asked the shop staff guy if there was any news on signings? The guy behind the till said no but Russell Slade had been down the valley everyday since he joined us trying to get players in! Anyway the supporter chap then said last season we should have done better with the players we had and I was shocked to hear the guy behind the till reply and I quote "we was never going to stay up with the fans behaving the way they did and being against the owner!!! I thought are the kidding me mate! What a joke!

Club Shop Kenny
    To be fair the guy works in our club shop and may not necessarily be a supporter. If all his involvement is is to see the protests then he is unlikely to have the strength of feeling of the fans
    He is a supporter or so I thought, he was at Blackpool away when we stayed up under Riga and when he wasn't at the club shop for a bit, he used to turn up to some games in a CAFC shirt.
    Or Cinderella
  • CB next
  • Redhenry said:

Novak, Holmes and Ajose signing!

Going the right way to tempt me to renew season ticket IF they sign them three.
    Not sure if this is serious but I was thinking the same thing. It's difficult because I do want to renew but have had to fight the urge.
  • Redhenry said:

is that what you'd like to see or do you know for certain? I find it hard to believe that Ajose wouldn't have better offers from championship (and possibly L1) sides, so not getting my hopes up yet

That never ends well
  • Pretty sure
  • Redhenry said:

Wait for the os. Very good source

The OS is indeed a very good source ;)

(Hope you are right)
  • Redhenry said:

Not sure if this is serious but I was thinking the same thing. It's difficult because I do want to renew but have had to fight the urge.
    Same as, it's the first time that i haven't renewed before May. Hopefully they have learnt their lessons and start signing players who Know the League.
  • edited June 2016
    These are surely Slade signings

Edit: Or just taken from Wilder's list
  • Sponsored links:

• Considering how poorly run our club is, it wouldn't surpise me if any of our new signings decide they want to leave or heads get turned by better offers from clubs.
    It could happen with good young players who decide it was a mistake joining, hopefully Russell Slade can install some confidence and prevent this from happening.
    Still, RD and KM have the last say and money talks. Sorry for being all doom and gloom.
  • Redhenry said:

That would be a very good start.
  • CB LB and holding mid next. Also waiting for Diarra to stay
  • I will be very pleased and surprised with these signings. Will not renew season ticket but will attend games.
  • colin1961 said:

LB ??? We have three

Depends if Fox is off to Birmingham or whether THD wants to stay...

Holding Midfielder seems disappointing as will mean that Kashi is off
  • colin1961 said:

LB ??? We have three

But might have 1 without any signings by September. Fox could go and Edwards could be loaned out or kept with the u21s.
  • edited June 2016
    Am guessing that the holding midfielder will be Stephen Dawson?

If we get in a left back, I imagine one of Fox or Holmes-Dennis will be off, Edwards won't be ready to be thrown in, send him out on loan for a while and see how we are.

A centre back is needed after losing Fanni and imagine Tex will be off as well as Sarr and hopefully Johnson.

Plenty of change this summer but we shall see how it goes.

Still not going to tempt me to renew, away games mainly for me this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Birmingham apparently leading the chase for Ajose if it's not been mentioned already.
  • Birmingham apparently leading the chase for Ajose if it's not been mentioned already.

Makes more sense. Oh well.
  • THD I'd love to see stay, but i think he'll go
  • Redhenry said:

Same as, it's the first time that i haven't renewed before May. Hopefully they have learnt their lessons and start signing players who Know the League.
    If those three sign then it's good news but just wait before committing. RD has been notorious of making a few good signings and then leaving the squad short in depth. Remember that we will be losing players. A lot of players. Three or four decent signings won't make the squad stronger.

Before I even sniff at thinking a lesson has been learned I want to see what the squad looks like on day one of the season.
    Exactly this, if we were to keep the majority of the squad (ie players that we want not the shit ones) plus made some decent signings it might signal a small change but as SHG says, a lot will be leaving. lets see what the squad looks like a the beginning of the season / end of window.
  • colin1961 said:

Sell fox ..... and I put Edwards ahead of TDH

Really?
    Have you seen him play in the flesh a lot? He is good, but I believe he could be very very good if nurtured and introduced appropriately, but his physical development is behind other lads of his age, let alone the gnarled cynical pro footballers he would encounter during a gruelling League One season.
  • Archie Edwards whilst a decent prospect, is a footballing waif. He'd been eaten for breakfast in League One.
  • Novak and Holmes maybe but can't see Ajose signing for us, surely will have better offers.

Sure they reportedly offered half million for him last season and Swindon turned them down.
  • No way Ajose :)