Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Scoham said:

Hope it's because Slade doesn't want him rather than we won't pay £500k.

Could argue it's a lot to pay for a player relegated from League One. I think we signed Green after he was relegated with Dagenham, like Moncur he had a good goalscoring record but never made the step up to the Championship.
    Well the others have pretty much offered up £750k (inc. Addons) which is definitely a lot for a League Two player.
    Agree. But £1 million was a lot to offer for a then Conference player, Jamie Vardy.

• cfgs said:

Not wanting to be accused of being a regime apologist but the figures being spoken about for Moncur seem far too high to me, if he moves for that much we are better spending the money elsewhere.

Agreed... Fair enough there are British Players out there but dont want us paying over the odds for anyone

Every player has to have their price limit
  • cfgs said:

Not wanting to be accused of being a regime apologist but the figures being spoken about for Moncur seem far too high to me, if he moves for that much we are better spending the money elsewhere.

Agreed... Fair enough there are British Players out there but dont want us paying over the odds for anyone

Every player has to have their price limit
    Undisclosed
  • edited June 2016
    Ajose and Novak would be very good together. Novak to hold the ball up and Ajose as the main goal threat.
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

Could argue it's a lot to pay for a player relegated from League One. I think we signed Green after he was relegated with Dagenham, like Moncur he had a good goalscoring record but never made the step up to the Championship.
    Well the others have pretty much offered up £750k (inc. Addons) which is definitely a lot for a League Two player.
    Agree. But £1 million was a lot to offer for a then Conference player, Jamie Vardy.

True but Vardy is a forward and therefore comes with a premium. We need a complete over haul including a few goal scorers, so we need to buy wisely (be a miracle with this lot holding the purse strings).
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

How much did we waste on trying to sign Non-League players though?
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

All of it
  • vff said:

DRAddick said:

Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

We are after Nicky Ajose. Novak will choose us or Bolton. Was told Novak would score 20+ goals for us.?

Nicky Ajose scored a hat full for Swindon. I would think there would be quite a few after him and would cost a lot. At least we are getting linked to a few good players.
    Being linked means nothing. It's all spin and lies 'till proved otherwise.
    Or am I being too harsh on the regime still?
    Trust is earned. It will need to be seen to be believed that the Duchatelet leopard has changed his spots.
    Sadly Monsieur Roland seems so utterly convinced of his own brilliance and the fans' collective stupidity that he probably genuinely does believe a few rumours that we (might) be possibly interested in the kind of players we have been needing since he took over would be enough to shut us all up.... but without actually signing them of course.
  • edited June 2016
    Not a rumour .. just a thought ... to get back to re-signing ex CAFC players (f f s NOOOOOOO I hear .. sorry) .. what about Michael Smith .. well underused before and now a more mature & hardened lower league striker
  • Not a rumour .. just a thought ... to get back to re-signing ex CAFC players (f f s NOOOOOOO I hear .. sorry) .. what about Michael Smith .. well underused before and now a more mature & hardened lower league striker

Seems to have failed to kick on since his early Swindon form.

Been on loan to Barnsley and Portsmouth in the last year and didnt really done much at either
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Redhenry said:

Was told Novak would score 20+ goals for us.?

Weren't we told similar by Simon Church's agent?

I think his agents exact words were 'if you give him regular game time he will score 30 goals a season'!!!

Earned his fee there!
  • Barnsley are a Championship club now, surely they'd be more attractive to Moncur than us anyway
  • Barnsley are a Championship club now, surely they'd be more attractive to Moncur than us anyway

The clue is surely in the first word of that sentence?
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

All of it
    Ooh yes, who could ever forget Stuart Fleetwood? What did we get out of him for a two-year contract? 10 minutes away at Hereford in the League Cup. (Oh, plus extra time). We lost, of course.
  • cafcfan said:

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

All of it
    Ooh yes, who could ever forget Stuart Fleetwood? What did we get out of him for a two-year contract? 10 minutes away at Hereford in the League Cup. (Oh, plus extra time). We lost, of course.
    Cant forget Dorian Smith and Luke Holden either.

Thankfully Bradley Pritchard managed to restore some fan belief that we can find a Non-League player
  • colin1961 said:

cafcfan said:

Barnsley are a Championship club now, surely they'd be more attractive to Moncur than us anyway

The clue is surely in the first word of that sentence?
    The clue is Slade saying he removed some names from the list and added one of two ..... Moncur seems to be one that was removed
    That statement was taken from his first interview when he was announced after the press conference.

Not anywhere does it mention any connection to Moncur. The fact that we even made two bids for him shows they were interested, Roland just isn't prepared to pay what they want for him.

I am confident the names they removed from the list, Moncur wasn't one of them.
  • http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118371&headline=Charlton have improved bid for Colchester midfielder rejected&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Our final bid for Moncur came two days after we confirmed Russell Slade...

Surely we wouldnt have made that bid if Slade wasnt interested?
  • http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118371&headline=Charlton have improved bid for Colchester midfielder rejected&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Errrr this is Charlton we are talking about, what has Slade got to do with what players we sign.
    Well according to Colin we're not signing Moncur because Slade doesnt want to know

Errrr this is Charlton we are talking about, what has Slade got to do with what players we sign.
    Well according to Colin we're not signing Moncur because Slade doesnt want to know
    Or maybe it's just that slade now thinks it's too much to pay for him so now he's out???
  • Sponsored links:

• We could probably get Ajose for 750k, I wouldn't say Moncur is worth nearly that much. When the interest was first reported I didn't think it'd exceed maybe 400k max. Money can be much better spent elsewhere.
  • colin1961 said:

The Moncur deal will be 750,000 in total ..... He not worth that

How do you know?

• iamdan said:

colin1961 said:

How do you know?

The voices in his head
  • colin1961 said:

Actually is was £745,000. But what's 5k between friends.
  • iamdan said:

colin1961 said:

How do you know?

He's mystic meg
  • I have never seen Moncur play, so maybe he is a superstar in the making, but $750k seems a high price for a player with one good season in League 1, being signed from a team in League 2.

True, he does core goals at League 1 level, but so did Jonny Jackson and he was free. Nicky Bailey I think was about that price, but we were in the championship when we signed him and still getting parachute money (I think).

I'm as desperate for some good news as any one else, but I can understand the club politely declining at that price.
  • Imo Ajose is a diamond at this level & far better than Moncur.

I'd pay £750K for Ajose, but not £500K for Moncur.
  • cafcfan said:

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

All of it
    Cant forget Dorian Smith and Luke Holden either.

Thankfully Bradley Pritchard managed to restore some fan belief that we can find a Non-League player
    Wasn't he doing prozone stats for us as part of his studies and made up the numbers in a training session?
    To say we "found" him is a slight distortion of the truth if so.
  • Imo Ajose is a diamond at this level & far better than Moncur.

I'd pay £750K for Ajose, but not £500K for Moncur.

Imo Ajose is one Jose too many.