Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Alex Revell signs for Northampton.

handy for him, no need to move house/family
  • colin1961 said:

More paper and agent rubbish once clubs like Charlton and Sheff Utd did not show their hands he sign for a lesser club

• Disappointed I would have liked Revell here!
  • Dazzler21 said:

colin1961 said:

Don't recognise either player to be honest... Aaron Martin doesn't sound bad though, has a lot of experience, sounds like a combined Morrison / Taylor sort of signing based on the sort of clubs he's played for

Who would possibly be stupid enough to sell a player like Morrison?

Ahhh, I know.....
    When a player 4th choice and asks to go out on loan to get game time who would be stupid enough not to let him go
    He was 4th choice for one reason, we thought some very dodgy other CB's were better.
    One very dodgy in Bikey, who was actaully a rock for the first third of the season. Then Ben Haim and Gomez (who admittedly was playing at right back at the time but a natural CB) who were both quality. Can see why he was out of favour at the time but the club did take a very short-term view on that one for sure.
    I think a lot of people overrated Ben Haim, but that's just my opinion.

I personally thought when he was on the ball he was tidy, but he was slow and cumbersome as such he needed a fast younger sidekick.

Gomez was a RB at the time and that left Morrison...
  • Don't most CBs outside the Prem look on the slower side? Other than Gomez who is good enough to play at that level I can't remember a CB that had pace.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

colin1961 said:

Don't recognise either player to be honest... Aaron Martin doesn't sound bad though, has a lot of experience, sounds like a combined Morrison / Taylor sort of signing based on the sort of clubs he's played for

Who would possibly be stupid enough to sell a player like Morrison?

Ahhh, I know.....
    When a player 4th choice and asks to go out on loan to get game time who would be stupid enough not to let him go
    He was 4th choice for one reason, we thought some very dodgy other CB's were better.
    One very dodgy in Bikey, who was actaully a rock for the first third of the season. Then Ben Haim and Gomez (who admittedly was playing at right back at the time but a natural CB) who were both quality. Can see why he was out of favour at the time but the club did take a very short-term view on that one for sure.
    I think a lot of people overrated Ben Haim, but that's just my opinion.

I personally thought when he was on the ball he was tidy, but he was slow and cumbersome as such he needed a fast younger sidekick.

Gomez was a RB at the time and that left Morrison...
    To be fair, he looked slow and cumbersome at Chelsea and Man City.

I didn't rate him massively going in to last season, but what I saw of him in person and on telly I thought he looked a good player for our level (mid-to-lower Championship). He read the game well, and even though he had no pace, he could often make up for it with his reading of the game.

It's worth noting that Bikey looked quite good in the first 2-3 months of the year, and that our defensive record was quite good during that stretch. The problem with him, and it always has been from what I've seen of him, is that he can look excellent one minute, but he always has a mistake in him. It's also worth noting that both he and TBH are players who do well when they have a CB partner who has pace. Pairing them together meant we had to either sit deep, or, when we pushed up, win the balls coming out of the opposition defense because of the lack of recovery pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• KM probably thinks she's buying le Shake N'vac for her carpet.
  • Oscar Gobern we need to sign....purely for this tackle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCakWmE8YLI

Can't see the problem, full blooded at worst, huh.
  • Did I read it right ....................Charlton held talks with free agent Lee Novak yesterday as they look to make their first major breakthrough in the summer transfer window
  • jdsd42 said:

Did I read it right ....................Charlton held talks with free agent Lee Novak yesterday as they look to make their first major breakthrough in the summer transfer window

and then he signed for Northampton lols
  • colin1961 said:

Again the only issue is moving south , another person who has only played in the Midlands and above and unless we offer him 2 year plus option of another year to make it worth his while moving his whole family down not so sure he will come , wages won't be a problem , fingers crossed he would be an excellent signing

I've lost count of the number of times in the press you hear of players turning down moves to London. Maybe they have that thing that makes them allergic to the bright lights....
  • colin1961 said:

Again the only issue is moving south , another person who has only played in the Midlands and above and unless we offer him 2 year plus option of another year to make it worth his while moving his whole family down not so sure he will come , wages won't be a problem , fingers crossed he would be an excellent signing

I agree, but I doubt it's the only issue.
  • Valley11 said:
    Coventry fans were also upset that they released Frank Moussa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

colin1961 said:

I've lost count of the number of times in the press you hear of players turning down moves to London. Maybe they have that thing that makes them allergic to the bright lights....
    It's housing costs. Renting in London for a couple of years if your house is in the midlands must be financially very off putting.

• colin1961 said:

Getting the excuses in already
  • Yeah I heard that when they hear they have interest from a London club hey are initially pleased, then they hear it's Charlton and Katrien and they suddenly find a reason, any reason to go elsewhere.
  • 'Top six budget' but we're still trying to sign players on a free that no other club wants. British manager but same old story.

Will any of the other top League 1 sides be doing any differently?

Transfer fee does not maketh the player.
  • Fumbluff said:

colin1961 said:

It's housing costs. Renting in London for a couple of years if your house is in the midlands must be financially very off putting.

Surely Meire is adept enough at lying to convince him that he could secure a luxury pad in the new Erith Park development.
  • When she really means temsmead
  • Sorry about spelling
  • It's 'Tensmeed'