Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• TRIO TARGET GREGORY

Millwall striker Lee Gregory is wanted by QPR, Sheffield Wednesday and Celtic, according to the Daily Mail.

The 27-year-old fired 27 goals in all competitions last season for Neil Harris’ side as they reached the League One play-off final.

Be great if this happens... Nothing better than our rivals being weakened

All of those clubs would be a step up for him, go on my son!
  • Maybe Ajose will be unveiled later in the day! Hopefully.
  • Wasn't impressed during the play off final but 27 goals is very good. Two more than Ajose. I would expect Millwall to pick up a similar fee to Swindon so around 800k. Will be hard for them to replace those goals so here's hoping.
  • Would still love to see us try and sign Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers.

Ajose / Novak / Taylor / Watt (?) would be one awesome Strike partnership

Christ what formation are you expecting?
    Well it worked for England yesterday ;)

The traditional Karel Fraeye 5-0-5, all out attack formation.

lol! Naturally only two would play at a time yet you always want options from the bench
  • Sponsored links:

Fraeye back in charge by november.

Reminds me of that other deadly strikforce that we started the season with a few years ago

M Bent / Varney / Mcleod / Iwelumo

• Know what you mean Ricky but again that partnership was in the Championship.

Three of those players had to step up to an established Premier League side which had just been relegated so were under pressure to get us back to the top flight at the first attempt, two of them came from a League below (Remember we signed Iwelumo from Colchester who'd just been promoted) whilst one was from a League further below.

Ajose / Novak are both players from established League One clubs so the same Division we're now in whilst only Taylor would be a risk
  • So, Vetokele signed with Lepoint's club, Zulte-Waregem ...
  • Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 3m3 minutes ago

Done deal: Igor Vetokele (24) from @CAFCofficial joins Zulte-Waregem on loan. #cafc
  • On loan....
  • Oh that's less good. Still I hope he does well and maybe it can be made permanent
  • Another loan?

KM does love a loan; Polish Pete, Nego, Reza, Marco, Tucadean, Watt and now Igor.

My guess is that wages make him to expensive for non-British clubs to take on and he, quite understandably, doesn't want to take a pay cut. So we loan him out, the other club pay some of the wages and maybe a loan fee so not all negative. And if he gets fit and gets his mojo back he'll be more valuable.

Or he'll be given away like Polish Pete.

Shame as seemed a real find when he first came but that was tow injuries, an operation and about 5 coaches ago.
  • Good luck Igor.

Get fit, get scoring, get a permanent move.
  • Hopefully we go for Romaine Sawyers at Walsall. Out of contract soon as well.

Lettuce hope so. I hear he's all heart.

and on that note, it's goodbye from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• So who exactly is @Redhenry???

a. Rowland
    b. Katie
    c. Testicles
    d. Mandy wotshername
    e. Brussel Slade
    f. Steve Head

I think he's Mandy.

Joined CL in 2009 so none of the above .
  • Erol Umut is my guess. Failing that some dude called Henry that works in catering or maintenance at the training ground!
  • It's Sue Parkes
  • colin1961 said:

Swindon interested in our old boy Stacey Long .....

Very strange move seeing he's now playing for Leatherhead...

Has been three years since he was last in League Football
  • Richard Cawley
    @RichCawleySLP
    #cafc move for Nicky Ajose not set to be completed this week

• Peter_G said:

Richard Cawley
    @RichCawleySLP
    #cafc move for Nicky Ajose not set to be completed this week

did Slade's little birds hear that?
  • According to the BBC:

Novak has agreed a three-year contract at The Valley and becomes the Addicks' third signing of the summer.

Do they know something or are they assuming Ajose has signed
  • ross1 said:

According to the BBC:

Novak has agreed a three-year contract at The Valley and becomes the Addicks' third signing of the summer.

Do they know something or are they assuming Ajose has signed

The development squad guy from Stevenage was the first
  • Another loan?

KM does love a loan; Polish Pete, Nego, Reza, Marco, Tucadean, Watt and now Igor.

My guess is that wages make him to expensive for non-British clubs to take on and he, quite understandably, doesn't want to take a pay cut. So we loan him out, the other club pay some of the wages and maybe a loan fee so not all negative. And if he gets fit and gets his mojo back he'll be more valuable.

Shame as seemed a real find when he first came but that was tow injuries, an operation and about 5 coaches ago.

Well let's be honest. How could you sell any of those?
  • Another loan?

Well let's be honest. How could you sell any of those?
    Someone bought them all.