Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I'm not actually just saying this...

But David Davis would be a fantastic signing.

I can easily live without fox. THD is more than capable.
  • Redhenry said:

Can't tell u that

Worth a try! ;)
  • thenewbie said:

I'm not actually just saying this...

But if THD is injured, or suspended then... what? The problem with the Regime's system has never been the first eleven. It's always been the squad, or the lack thereof.
    ... Get another LB?
  • thenewbie said:

But if THD is injured, or suspended then... what? The problem with the Regime's system has never been the first eleven. It's always been the squad, or the lack thereof.
    Bergdich? Edwards?
  • thenewbie said:

Bergdich? Edwards?
    Lennon

• colin1961 said:

thenewbie said:

Archie Edwards .... Better then THD
    Got to have faith in youth or what's the point of an acadamy
    I am just interested Colin, how many times have you seen Archie Edwards play?Tareiq Holmes Dennis has played for us and a number of Clubs on loan. Edwards has only played for our U18s and U21s. He is a good footballer but is very slight. If Fox goes to Birmingham we will be bringing in another body. I also think a new midfielder and centre half will be coming in. I can see Watt, Gudmundsson, Texeire, Fox and Cousins moving on. Also there is a chance that Diarra could be off.

• Young players will always get a chance while RD is the owner. We'll never start the season with a large squad, though hopefully this time it'll be bigger than it was last season. Short term loans aren't allowed from next season either which will give more chances for young players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Archie will be 19 in July, and at the age where he'd be hoping to get some first team football, especially as we'll be in L1.

I think it's easier for young defenders, especially full backs, than attackers in many ways, as there isn't the "goal pressure" that all forwards have, and provided you have an experienced player to lead the defensive line.
  • Where has this Fox to Brum come from?
  • I have seen Archie and liked him. Maybe we could let him play in Cup games and then loan him out for experience.
  • THD is 21 later this year so should be ready. I'd rather he'd have competition from a proven player though rather than Edwards, who hasn't even gone out on loan yet.

Where has this Fox to Brum come from?

@Redhenry who also said we were signing Novak, Holmes and Ajose.
  • Where has this Fox to Brum come from?

The press about a month ago
  • We've seen with THD and KAG how promising young players can start well then struggle.

No surprise that a 17 or 18 year old is inconsistent.

Both may go on to be excellent players for us buy we can't rely on them.

That has been a mistake repeated again and again under this regime made worse by putting the youth into already struggling sided fulled with barely older overseas players who themselves are finding their feet.

Slade will be more savvy but he needs to be allowed to build a proper squad not 18 players plus kids.

Hopefully we can have a settled team and blood the youngsters in gradually.

Unlike the past two and a bit seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Believe me Charles-Cook is far from 'ruined' given a chance under Slade can see him doing well in league 1.
  • Yes cook is quality and should break through next year.
  • Charles Cook hasn't been ruined so much as exploited, and as a result set back. I do however trust bolloxbolder's judgement.
  • Seems that the signing of Ajose is not cut and dried. As suspected he has many suitors. A lot still to do.

Source : Dr. Kish

I can see this one slipping away.
  • Seems that the signing of Ajose is not cut and dried. As suspected he has many suitors. A lot still to do.

Yet has anyone else had a bid accepted?

Yet has anyone else had a bid accepted?
    The most recent story on Dr Kish says he is expected to sign next week and will be followed by others.
  • I'm sure there will be championship teams interested