Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• yes 22 players is not enough 25 is a minimum something we've done every year under this regime not big enough squads to cope with 50 game seasons
  • Scoham said:

ross1 said:

The only trouble is Slade said we only need a small squad, if he is bringing in players, obviously, some will have to leave. Igor gone, JBG will go after Euro's, still leaves too many, so more have to go.

He said 22-25 players which I think is about right as long as players are kept fit (we didn't do a good job of that last season) and you make the right type of signings (again we didn't do that last season).

As a comparison we used 28 in league games when we won League One. That includes several players that appeared in a small number of games. If some had signed at the start of the season it could have been more like 24/25.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=527&teamTabs=stats
    I think teams will need to run with slightly larger squads from next season as they wont be able to pull in an emergency loan or two anymore.
  • colin1961 said:

Would like to keep Harriott, certainly don't want him going to a promotion rival.

Harriott did nothing last season when he got his chance to suggest we should offer him a new deal
    For once I fully agree. King of the step over, no substance, consistently inconsistent.
    Except all those goals and assists in league 1 ie the division we're in now.
    sorry Henry, hardly ever for us. Riga gave him a second chance and he let him down badly,
  • colin1961 said:

Would like to keep Harriott, certainly don't want him going to a promotion rival.

Harriott did nothing last season when he got his chance to suggest we should offer him a new deal
    For once I fully agree. King of the step over, no substance, consistently inconsistent.
    For the record I would keep him for the squad, but performing at Colchester is not performing in front of our fans at The Valley which he has always struggled with over a long period.

Seeing as there will barely be any fans at the valley - that issue may go away....
  • Shame as when he hits form he is more than useful, however this may mean we intend to keep Lookman and play him wide ( until a half decent offer comes in).
  • Crusty54 said:

colin1961 said:

sorry Henry, hardly ever for us. Riga gave him a second chance and he let him down badly,
    He scored two good goals at Brentford.
  • colin1961 said:

Birmingham showing interest in Jordan Cousins

Thought he was Brighton bound ?

They (Brum) take Jordan and Morgan and give us David and £3 million. Job done.

• If Cousins goes to Brum that underlines (if it needed it) how badly the idiots have run this club. Birmingham have struggled on and off the pitch for years, although they markedly improved last term, to sell one of our prized assets to them is just great. Thanks dumb and dumber.
  • colin1961 said:

Birmingham showing interest in Jordan Cousins

Thought he was Brighton bound ?

They (Brum) take Jordan and Morgan and give us David and £3 million. Job done.

They're both interested:

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14566244.Exclusive__Birmingham_join_rivals_in_showing_interest_in_Charlton_star/
  • Sponsored links:

• Sell Cousins = no ambition.
  • edited June 2016
    Brum haven't got money until the takeover goes through, but that has been going on for about 18 months now. Be surprised if they can afford Cousins
  • Wiki now saying Ajose plays for Charlton

Anybody can update that.
  • Sponsored links:

Anybody can update that.
    Are we in the Premier League next season then?? :wink:
  • TelMc32 said:

Wiki now saying Ajose plays for Charlton

Anybody can update that.
    Are we in the Premier League next season then?? :wink:
    You might have to wait 20 years for that.
  • colin1961 said:

Sell Cousins = no ambition.

Cousins don't see himself in div one which as nothing to do with lack of amibition that the players wishes ....
    It's getting best deal for him , I know Brighton were put off by our asking price and have not made any offer for him , Birmingham says it all we pipped them for Nicky Ajose so who has no ambition ??
    Look at the past 2 1/2 years for the stupid ambition comment you made.
  • colin1961 said:

We want David Davis from Birmingham ....... they want Fox and Cousins .

How do you know we want this player?
  • Davis is a decent player. Can't see him joining us.
  • Davis is a decent player. Can't see him joining us.

There is a very funny joke there.

I am refusing to give you a lol as you have too many!!

Also lists his current team as Barcelona.

• colin1961 said:

Sell Cousins = no ambition.

Cousins don't see himself in div one which as nothing to do with lack of amibition that the players wishes ....
    It's getting best deal for him , I know Brighton were put off by our asking price and have not made any offer for him , Birmingham says it all we pipped them for Nicky Ajose so who has no ambition ??
    Well I notice Ajose hasn't put pen to paper yet. Let's not count our chickens and all that.

• Macronate said:

Haha, now says Bedlington Terriers.

Own up.
  • Macronate said:

Macronate said:

Haha, now says Bedlington Terriers.

Own up.
    Macronate Academicals got more of a ring to it mate! :trollface: