Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• edited June 2016

Not sure how Roland will break even when he's got a CEO in Katrien Meire that's incapable of actually selling a player.

Don't worry Lookman, JBG, Cousins going for a combined total of about £5m - that will sort it all out.
  • Scoham said:

Not sure how Roland will break even when he's got a CEO in Katrien Meire that's incapable of actually selling a player.

I'm sure even KM will have no problem selling JBG, Lookman, Cousins etc.
    For a decent fee? That's where her problem / incompetence comes into play.
  • edited June 2016

Swisdom said:

Godstone said:

Let's hope Naby does well and gets some confidence. He didn't play bad for fun.

Another year of experience and he can smash the championship in 2017/18
    A year experience of playing in the French 2nd division and then he will be ready for the English Championship? Somehow I very much doubt it
    Sarr simply isn't good enough. I know confidence is massive and he is still young, but I didn't see anything in him to suggest he had something about him.
    Would love to be proved wrong, but I wont be. I very much doubt he will return anyway.
  • Looking on the bright side Faycal Rherras a young left back from Sint Truiden has just signed for Hearts. At least this young player who has played in the top league in Belguim (sic) has not ended up at Charlton.
  • Which players has Katrien actually sold for money (rather than loaning or giving away). Trying to think..

Rhoys - £750k
    Yann - £800k
    Gomez - £3.5m

Is that about it? Am I right in thinking that this regime have not been able to sell on a single one of their own signings?

I hate to say it... But yes you are right, we've never SOLD a foreign signing under these owners... They've either been loans or in the case with Bikey and Polish Pete their Contracts have been cancelled
  • Which players has Katrien actually sold for money (rather than loaning or giving away). Trying to think..

Rhoys - £750k
    Yann - £800k
    Gomez - £3.5m

Is that about it? Am I right in thinking that this regime have not been able to sell on a single one of their own signings?

I hate to say it... But yes you are right, we've never SOLD a foreign signing under these owners... They've either been loans or in the case with Bikey and Polish Pete their Contracts have been cancelled
    Le point?

Rhoys - £750k
    Yann - £800k
    Gomez - £3.5m

Le point?
    Good point... God cant believe HE was the one we got money for!!

Rhoys - £750k
    Yann - £800k
    Gomez - £3.5m

Le point?
    Good point... God cant believe HE was the one we got money for!!
    At a loss on the even more shocking decision to pay money for him
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

800,000 for Rhoys Wiggins , 1.5 for Vetokele after he proved his fitness and put 6 mill price on Lookman good business all round ....

Thought Vet was only on loan? Could you also point me to the OS announcement about Wiggins at £800K and Lookman at £6M whilst you are at it please.
  • Sark99 said:

Looking on the bright side Faycal Rherras a young left back from Sint Truiden has just signed for Hearts. At least this young player who has played in the top league in Belguim (sic) has not ended up at Charlton.

Why are we missing out on superstars like this from within the network.

Just ineptitude

• Really rate Agard. I'd probably have him over Ajose if it was one or the other.

Agard had a couple of very good years at Rotherham. In his last season there he fell out with Evans and made very few appearances. Moved to Bristol C and once again, made very few appearances.
    My Rotherham 'regulars' (I used to attend a lot of games there) tell me that indeed he had a good season for them in the third strata but lacks 'bottle' .. I agree
    When I have seen him he reminded me of Moussa. lots of ability, but a moaner and a bit of a cry baby .. there are better options about than Agard, as good as he once was
  • From the ever-reliable Transfer Rumours site:

"Charlton scouts have been keeping a close eye on Plymouth captain Curtis Nelson."

Posted by someone called Stella.
  • edited June 2016
    I seem to remember Yann was nearer £400k and how they only got £3.5m for Gomez when he was on the radar of every major club in Europe was pure incompetence. Why rush through a deal so early, when you could create a bidding war?

"Charlton scouts have been keeping a close eye on Plymouth captain Curtis Nelson."

We were linked last season. TBF he's pretty young to be a captain and certainly seems to have something about him.

He's out of contract as well, but Rangers are reportedly interested.

Photographed at the weekend in Glasgow having talks with David weir at Rangers
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

From the ever-reliable Transfer Rumours site:

Photographed at the weekend in Glasgow having talks with David weir at Rangers
    Just realised the rumour I saw was dated 20 May – I misread it as 20 June! Sorry. Back to the normal service of no rumours on this thread now :smile:

Rhoys - £750k
    Yann - £800k
    Gomez - £3.5m

Was Yann that much? I though it was circa £400k?
  • From what i heard it was 400k up front and stuff added on for promotion/goals/appearances whatever taking it to closer to 750k
  • 40 new posts about Wiggins....jeez

Just the one eye I take it. No "arm" in that then.

• Valley11 said:

40 new posts about Wiggins....jeez

Coming back (unreliable source)

Rhoys - £750k
    Yann - £800k
    Gomez - £3.5m

Was Yann that much? I though it was circa £400k?
    Could be right, sorry can't really remember. Point is, she's only really been able to sell off Powell-era talent. When it comes to RD players...notsamuch
  • colin1961 said:

Plays for he same club that Vetoleke as joined done pretty scored about 9 goals from midfield ...

Another network club perhaps.
  • We were linked with Nelson last summer I believe. Maybe Katrien Meire has found Phil Chapple's old list somewhere.