Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Schindler not on our list according to Cawley.
  • Schindler not on our list according to Cawley.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 11m11 minutes ago England, United Kingdom
    #cafc link to German defender Christopher Schindler is wide of the mark. Be very surprised if too many arrive from overseas this summer!
  • I seem to remember Yann was nearer £400k and how they only got £3.5m for Gomez when he was on the radar of every major club in Europe was pure incompetence. Why rush through a deal so early, when you could create a bidding war?

She's new at this game, give her some slack. (:
  • Heard from Welsh guy in the pub that Slade is trying to sign Ben Turner from Cardiff .
  • Heard from Welsh guy in the pub that Slade is trying to sign Ben Turner from Cardiff .

Just looked at Wiki his contract is not being renewed . Looks a bit injury prone .
  • colin1961 said:

Ched Evens set to join Chesterfield

His retrial isn't until the autumn
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Ched Evens set to join Chesterfield

His retrial isn't until the autumn
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36575406
  • I'm sure this will reopen the moral debate but the guy hasn't kicked a ball in 4 years, surely this will have a massive affect on him. It's not like riding a bike, I expect he will be a non league player in a years time.
  • what has happened to the Ajose deal, gone a bit quiet
  • I'm sure this will reopen the moral debate but the guy hasn't kicked a ball in 4 years, surely this will have a massive affect on him. It's not like riding a bike, I expect he will be a non league player in a years time.

Just mentioned on that other thread that Lee Hughes re-entered Football after a three year prison sentence.

He regularly scored over 15-goals a few times for Oldham / Notts County / Port Vale so as long as Evans has kept his fitness (and still knows where the goal is) he'll be one dangerous opponent this season...
  • I'm amazed that Chesterfield have signed Evans BEFORE his retrial, they're taking a massive risk
  • I'm amazed that Chesterfield have signed Evans BEFORE his retrial, they're taking a massive risk

Probably has it written into his contract that if he is found guilty again they can tear up his contract, although that will leave them short until January.
  • edited June 2016
    cfgs said:

I'm amazed that Chesterfield have signed Evans BEFORE his retrial, they're taking a massive risk

Probably has it written into his contract that if he is found guilty again they can tear up his contract, although that will leave them short until January.
    He has served his time, so even if found guilty I guess he would be free to play - if Chesterfield would be happy to keep him on.
  • alangee said:

cfgs said:

I'm amazed that Chesterfield have signed Evans BEFORE his retrial, they're taking a massive risk

He has served his time, so even if found guilty I guess he would be free to play - if Chesterfield would be happy to keep him on.
    Unless the new trial judge deemed the sentence too lenient, that is a possibility.
  • alangee said:

cfgs said:

Can you imagine the stick the club would get, the furore from the sponsors etc if Evans was found guilty again...
  • Sponsored links:

the time to sign Turner was four years ago .. he's WELL off the pace nowadays
  • edited June 2016
    alangee said:

cfgs said:

No he served half his time... if found guilty he will SHOULD complete the rest.
  • Hard to believe Slade would be interested when he was probably the one who recommended his release .
  • Macronate said:

This picture could be used in 95% of Charlton Life threads!
    It can even be used to challenge you talking about the picture...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Macronate said:

This picture could be used in 95% of Charlton Life threads!
    It can even be used to challenge you talking about the picture...
    It could be used to challenge you, challenging me talking about the picture.........

I think we've gone off on a tangent here!
  • Any transfer rumours?

• Oggy Red said:

Any transfer rumours?

Yeh, loved those as a kid but one good bath, and bingo, your pirate skull and crossbones gone!!!!