Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I spoke to a scout for a top Premiership club, today, and asked him about Lookman. He said that he'd watched him four times, felt each time that he
    hadn't done enough in any of the games and said that he'd be better off staying at Charlton for the time being (adding that colleagues had told him that Lookman has looked special in U21 fixtures).

I totally believe you, but the trouble is that all Premier league clubs are so scared of missing out on the next Rooney/Varney they hoover up all the kids with talent; especially if they can pick them up cheap.

Just need to ask top price and make them really think about it. First hint that someone else is interested they will be in a feeding frenzy and you get the fee and the player gets his wages. Just got to hold your nerve and trust your own judgement as to what you have.
  • Redrobo said:

I spoke to a scout for a top Premiership club, today, and asked him about Lookman. He said that he'd watched him four times, felt each time that he
    hadn't done enough in any of the games and said that he'd be better off staying at Charlton for the time being (adding that colleagues had told him that Lookman has looked special in U21 fixtures).

I totally believe you, but the trouble is that all Premier league clubs are so scared of missing out on the next Rooney/Varney they hoover up all the kids with talent; especially if they can pick them up cheap.

Just need to ask top price and make them really think about it. First hint that someone else is interested they will be in a feeding frenzy and you get the fee and the player gets his wages. Just got to hold your nerve and trust your own judgement as to what you have.
    Did not work out well with Gomez.
  • Redrobo said:

I spoke to a scout for a top Premiership club, today, and asked him about Lookman. He said that he'd watched him four times, felt each time that he

I will accept your word on this as I have no idea of fee or add ons agreed. It does leave the question as to if we lost our nerve or we thought it a good deal.

Is Cousins worth more than £3.5 mil said to have been paid for Gomez? Played more than Gomez and outfield player so on the face of it he should be,

I think he is. But not my chip to bet. That's the rub in football club poker.
  • Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

I will accept your word on this as I have no idea of fee or add ons agreed. It does leave the question as to if we lost our nerve or we thought it a good deal.

Is Cousins worth more than £3.5 mil said to have been paid for Gomez? Played more than Gomez and outfield player so on the face of it he should be,

5 mllion for Cousins, Gudmundsson and Lookman and we'll be lucky. Elsewhere would get 10 million'ish.
  • Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

5 mllion for Cousins, Gudmundsson and Lookman and we'll be lucky. Elsewhere would get 10 million'ish.
    Don't matter if it's £5 million or a fiver if it goes into Rolands pocket.
  • Halix said:

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Very true, the superstars we are bringing are not costing the Belgians anything.
  • edited June 2016

Halix said:

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Very true, the superstars we are bringing are not costing the Belgians anything.
    I meant in the old days the money would go into CAFC coffers now it's into the Staprix group (or whatever the holding companies called) and RD will spend it on whatever part of the evil empire he so desires. I wonder if all this movement of cash will be so easy after Brexit?
  • I think with Lookman too he hadn't been through an academy, hadn't played for England at various age groups and has blown hot and cold, understandedly, and although talented he isn't in my opinion in the same class as Joe so I don't think he could reasonably demand a release clause. Even so I doubt we will get my than 3m and even that will be down to various clauses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Peterborough sign Gwion Edwards, we were linked with him.
  • Southend have signed defender Jason Demetriou from Walsall and winger Jermaine McGlashan from Gillingham.

Demetriou is a very good signing for them.
  • colin1961 said:

SLP saying Charlton turned noses up at Super Scott Wagstaff returning but there is a fitness coach being lined up.

Waggy doesn't need a fitness coach as he runs all day.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118666&headline=Charlton set to bring in former Crystal Palace and QPR fitness coach&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Rightly so hardly got in the Bristol team over the

Redrobo said:

We had our hands tired by his agent , Liverpool had watched Gomez fir two years and his agent new this , that's why when it came the time for him to sign his contract of walk away for nothing his agent refused to accept the release clause Charlton wanted and would only get him to sign a deal for a lower clause which ended up being 3.5 mill ....

Charlton learnt their lesson because they refused point blank to include a release clause in Lookman new deal , it was slightly easier for the club to take this stand because Lookman old contract still had time to run
    If that is what you think.
  • colin1961 said:

SLP saying Charlton turned noses up at Super Scott Wagstaff returning but there is a fitness coach being lined up.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118666&headline=Charlton set to bring in former Crystal Palace and QPR fitness coach&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Redrobo said:

We had our hands tired by his agent , Liverpool had watched Gomez fir two years and his agent new this , that's why when it came the time for him to sign his contract of walk away for nothing his agent refused to accept the release clause Charlton wanted and would only get him to sign a deal for a lower clause which ended up being 3.5 mill ....

Charlton learnt their lesson because they refused point blank to include a release clause in Lookman new deal , it was slightly easier for the club to take this stand because Lookman old contract still had time to run
    I'm assuming you have proof that Colin is wrong then?
  • colin1961 said:

Redrobo said:

Probably about as much proof as you (or Colin) has that's he's right

Why the need to defend someone who claims things to be facts (without any proof of them being facts) by asking others if they have proof of his fantasies??
  • Aaron Martin, linked on here, has signed for Oxford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36626045
  • colin1961 said:

Redrobo said:

He has history of suspect information.

• Anything to be read into the club posting an article called Done D?

Where was that?

I've seen this but won't load
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

Anything to be read into the club posting an article called Done D?

Where was that?
    Link on newsnow through to official site. It just loads up script though. Someone pressed go too soon?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/common/rss/news-rss-feed.xml
  • Another man on ITTV says it could've announced today but I would imagine it will be Monday !!!
  • guess it's to announce Ajose but someone has joined the gun a bit.

• I really do hope it goes through we need him desperately!!!
  • It's all done just been an unspecified hold up unrelated to the player I believe.
  • I read it couldn't be done until we paid £400,000 upfront so they could buy that Liverpool goalkeeper ???
  • Roland will only pay £399,999.99 up front
  • FAVADDICK said:

I read it couldn't be done until we paid £400,000 upfront so they could buy that Liverpool goalkeeper ???

Not sure that's entirely true but think it may have been over the way payments were staged. If we were cute enough and they did want more up front we should have agreed but renegotiated the fee in our favour but I wouldn't trust Katie to think of that.
  • FAVADDICK said:

I read it couldn't be done until we paid £400,000 upfront so they could buy that Liverpool goalkeeper ???

Not sure that's entirely true but think it may have been over the way payments were staged. If we were cute enough and they did want more up front we should have agreed but renegotiated the fee in our favour but I wouldn't trust Katie to think of that.
    Just pay them what they want and get him he bagged 25 goals in a average Swindon side imagine what he could do in our side !!!!