Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Head - New Chief Scout / Head of Recruitment

Comments

• Options
    maybe he can scout for the manager and all the other backroom staff we are missing ?
  • Options

At the moment it's just a name in a role, proof will be in the outcome. We had an experienced Uk Head Scout with a strong network of contacts, and he left because he wasn't being listened to and the Club's lead on these things was decided in Belgium.

We've now replaced him five months later, with someone of a similar background and experience to the one who left.

Let's see what influence he gets allowed, and what impact that has

Ah yes, but think of the money we saved in that period ...
  • Options
    Nope no idea. I'm going to be cautious about this.

His contract could be ripped up at any moment.
  • Options
    They just played Walk on the Wild Side on Radio London.

Made me think of this appointment
  • Options

Just played 'Son of a Preacher Man' on magic, I thought he needs all the help he can get
  • Options

Just played Communication Breakdown on Absolute Rock. Made me think of .... well all of it really ...
  • Options
    Never heard of him, but i'd never heard of Karel Fraeye either so......(gulp)

If he is allowed to do his job properly, surely this will be a decent enough appointment.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    cart before the horse .. why employ a 'scout/recruiter' when the club hasn't a manager to decide who and what type of player he's keen to recruit ?
  • Options
    Just another Head job
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Nope no idea. I'm going to be cautious about this.

His contract could be ripped up at any moment.

Or he could resign at any moment.
  • Options

cart before the horse .. why employ a 'scout/recruiter' when the club hasn't a manager to decide who and what type of player he's keen to recruit ?

To be fair, a decent head of recruitment should be able to work with most head coaches/managers especially if we're going down the domestic route...

Phil Chapple, for example came in during the Pardew years I think, but worked well with Powell
  • Options
    Worked with Adkins and Lambert before
  • Options

Probably why Adkins has suddenly gone from 4/1 to 100/1:-)
  • Options

To be fair, a decent head of recruitment should be able to work with most head coaches/managers especially if we're going down the domestic route...

Phil Chapple, for example came in during the Pardew years I think, but worked well with Powell
    agreed .. BUT as you state, when Chapple was appointed there was a manager already in place, albeit one not to everyone's taste. You're not comparing similar situations.
  • Options

Did he work with Steve Clarke at Reading ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

Did he work with Steve Clarke at Reading ?
    he did .. and it looks as though he's worked with lots of dfferent football organisations including the England international team .. he will certainly know his stuff .. my worry is that Head'll recommend players to Duchatelet who may well decide to take his advice and sign one or two or a few and then the new manager will be stuck with players who he might not fancy .. Head's appointment strikes me as a consultancy role rather than a scout/recruiter for the long term
  • Options
    Has he ever worked with Nobby Vinegar?
  • Options

give it time ((:>)
  • Options

5 minutes too late matey !
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Good appointment if he is allowed to get on with his job.

therein lies the rub

• Options

I knew his brother, who was landlord of the Lamb and Flag pub in Hammersmith (and once had a trial at QPR)

Dick?
    He was a horrible landlord, so yes ;-)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Redrobo said:

Good appointment if he is allowed to get on with his job.

therein lies the rub

Part time club physio as well?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

So Katrien is giving us Head?

DAMNIT!!!... You beat me by a minute

EDIT: Hang on I've got one similar myself now... Maybe Katrien has miss-understood us again when during the protests she could hear fans shouting: We want head, we want head?