Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Head - New Chief Scout / Head of Recruitment

Comments

• Options
  • Options

cart before the horse .. why employ a 'scout/recruiter' when the club hasn't a manager to decide who and what type of player he's keen to recruit ?

this all day long
  • Options
    Surprised his first name isn't Richard with the types of people this regime hire.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Many other clubs have a Head of Recruitment

For example, Steve Walsh at Leicester was responsible for finding Vardy, Mahrez and Kante, yet most people until recently had never heard of him, and no he's not their former player Steve Walsh, but another one!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-walsh-man-behind-signings-7836391
  • Options
    Is it just player recruitment he's going to be head of, or is he going to have to find us a new Ticket Office Manager as well?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Is it just player recruitment he's going to be head of, or is he going to have to find us a new Ticket Office Manager as well?

Don't forget Head Of Comms.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I'd have done it at that price!
  • Options

Worked with Adkins and Lambert before

Probably why Adkins has suddenly gone from 4/1 to 100/1:-)
    Ahh he must have had an interview then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thrilled no less.
  • Options

Club CEO Katrien Meire said: “We are thrilled that someone of Steve’s calibre has agreed to join Charlton. He has a fantastic CV and knows the British game very well. We are working on pulling together a squad that can withstand the challenges of a long season in League One and Steve will play a very important role in that.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-chief-scout-appointment-steve-head-3125202.aspx#tvEdxShOjj7U3Lo8.99

You don't have a manager and you personally have as much to contribute to "pulling together a squad" as you do to driving the Eurostar, you ridiculous woman.

She's just rubbing it in now.
  • Options
    It's on the OS
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Club CEO Katrien Meire said: “We are thrilled that someone of Steve’s calibre has agreed to join Charlton. He has a fantastic CV and knows the British game very well. We are working on pulling together a squad that can withstand the challenges of a long season stay in League One and below while we're in charge and Steve will play a very important role in that.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-chief-scout-appointment-steve-head-3125202.aspx#tvEdxShOjj7U3Lo8.99

You don't have a manager and you personally have as much to contribute to "pulling together a squad" as you do to driving the Eurostar, you ridiculous woman.

There, I've made her quote more honest.
  • Options
    Notice it doesn't say a squad that will challenge for promotion
  • Options
    It's a start I suppose, well connected head could encourage some players.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Club CEO Katrien Meire said: “We are thrilled that someone of Steve’s calibre has agreed to join Charlton. He has a fantastic CV and knows the British game very well. We are working on pulling together a squad that can withstand the challenges of a long season in League One and Steve will play a very important role in that.”

Cheers Katrien - because will all believe everything you say don't we?

I remember what happened when you put together a squad to withstand the challenges in the championship. That went well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

Absolutely. The arrogance even seeps through in that statement. And the fact Head won't have total control of his job.
    'Steve will play an important role'. I would have thought he will be doing it, not playing a part.
  • Options
    So in a matter of weeks Katrien Meire has gone from promising promotion back to The Championship to a squad that 'can withstand the challenges of a long season.'

I don’t know about anyone else but I'm excited. Where's that season ticket renewal form?

Katrien Meire, being able to withstand a season is basically a footballer's job. I know you struggle to fulfill your basic duties, but give them some credit.
  • Options
    Isn't it amazing how much three sentences can be dissected and pulled apart... You do all know that she didn't actually say those words, they were just written by the club's media people who were presumably intending to make them as anodyne as possible?!
  • Options

Notice it doesn't say a squad that will challenge for promotion

So depressing. Not one ounce of ambition in that quote. Next season is nothing but nine months of dreary slog. Cheers Katrien.
  • Options
    Well he better get used to multi tasking for no reward. He better read his contract carefully.

Other then that, it sounds better then what we have at least.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Any news on a potential manager?

Sounds like it's going to be a no mark puppet again if they've appointed this fella first?

Or maybe I'm being harsh and jumping the gun, you'd think any new manager would want to pick their own players, rather than the structure we've had / still implementing.

I can't see how we're moving forwards?
  • Options

Any news on a potential manager?

There is the potential to get one
  • Options
    There's a difference between standing the rigors of a Championship season, which is arguably our natural level, and settling for the same in League One. Unless that is you think Burton Albion should be a league above us.