Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade

Comments

• Options
    Russell kin Slade............whoopy do!
    'Katrien Meire, you ain't got a clue'
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Russell Slade is on a very short list of managers that I've taken against for no rational reason whatsoever. The other is Brian McDermott. I just don't like them.

I have such a lengthy list of those, but that's incredibly harsh on McDermott. He's meant to be one of the nicest men in football. And he's got something of the Keegan about him where he seemingly seems to have random bad things happen to him (like being sacked after promotion to the Prem, or being sacked then unsacked by Leeds).
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Russell Slade is on a very short list of managers that I've taken against for no rational reason whatsoever. The other is Brian McDermott. I just don't like them.

That's exactly how I feel. I can't stand Russell Slade - completely irrational. He looks like your favourite uncle, the sort of person you would call to unblock a toilet or something like that.

I suppose considering the about of shit hanging about the club he could be ideal.
    Probably because they are bald..
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    A Slade appointment wouldnt exactly excite me but he's light years ahead of anything we have seen since Powell.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

That's exactly how I feel. I can't stand Russell Slade - completely irrational. He looks like your favourite uncle, the sort of person you would call to unblock a toilet or something like that.

I suppose considering the about of shit hanging about the club he could be ideal.
    Probably because they are bald..
    Blimey you must know ricky's uncle and his plumber, what a small world :wink: .
  • Options

he's 55, looks 75 and has the air of a big cuddly teddy bear or an avuncular uncle .. he must have an iron fist in a teddy bear glove though because he keeps getting decent jobs ..
    never played pro football, he's an ex schoolteacher as evidenced by an incident when he managed Grimsby Town .. Town were top of division 2 and went to Lincoln for the Lincs Derby .. at 1/2 time they were down 4-0 ..
    Slade decided to teach his team a lesson, kept the players on the pitch during the break, sat them down on the grass, brought out a whiteboard and markers and lectured them on tactics in front of the jeering Lincoln fans ..
    to say that this incident lost him the dressing room is an understatement .. Grimsby slid to finish fourth and eventually lost the promotion play off to Cheltenham Town ..
    Slade moved on to Yeovil soon after ..
    incidentally, Phil Brown did the same thing to the Hull players a few years later with similar results .. the moral of the stories ? .. DO NOT PUBLICLY HUMILIATE YOUR PLAYERS ..

BUT all in all .. we could do a lot worse than Schoolmaster Russ

Thanks for the info. However, the previous season they finished mid table, so to move them up to 4th was still progress.
  • Options
    latest odds from skybet

russel slade 11/4
    johnnie jackson 2/1
    nigel adkins 8/1
    dougie freedman 16/1
    dave jones 18/1
    owen coyle, keith hill 20/1
    billy davies, neil redfearn 25/1
    nobby 28/1
  • Options

latest odds from skybet

russel slade 11/4
    johnnie jackson 2/1
    nigel adkins 8/1
    dougie freedman 16/1
    dave jones 18/1
    owen coyle, keith hill 20/1
    billy davies, neil redfearn 25/1
    nobby 28/1

No, Slade is 4/11.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want Nobby Vinegar so that we can form AFC Charlton ASAP.
  • Options
    4/7 now @Covered End
  • Options
    Please no, not Slade. What is it about him that makes foreign owners decide that SLade is a good manager? (what was it that made the Asian owner of Cardiff pluck him from obscurity at Orient - he must have a bloody good agent). The guy has done nothing - will do nothing- and why would he want to leave a nice cosy job at Cardiff anyway.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

That is where I am. I would rather have a foreign unknown that Slade!
  • Options
    Could be a lot worse imo, would appear to know his way around at this level, the big thing for me is he must be his own man.
  • Options
    i think although it hurts to say we arent a big club anymore so we are fortunate to be getting someone known ( if its true ), slade knows the league, certainly more than what weve had before, as many have said who in there right mind would come and work for roland?, and also it doesnt matter who we have unless he changes his ways you could bring klopp in but if the owner and ceo are deciding who plays you still get the same end result relegation and pissed off customers.
  • Options
    1/2 now please happen.
  • Options

Please no, not Slade. What is it about him that makes foreign owners decide that SLade is a good manager? (what was it that made the Asian owner of Cardiff pluck him from obscurity at Orient - he must have a bloody good agent). The guy has done nothing - will do nothing- and why would he want to leave a nice cosy job at Cardiff anyway.

Fuck me it's gotten to bad I agree with El Presidente. GET OUT OF MY CLUB ROLAND
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't trust a man who wears a cap by choice
  • Options
    Doesn't matter who gets bought in. We are not in danger of going anywhere positive until this lot clear off.

As long as the husk as it will be then of charlton athletic remains we can come again when the loonies go

My only slim hope for the coming season is Jackson, Cousins and Solly stay fingers tightly crossed the weirdo and his cock sucker are gone soon
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    There are better candidates out there, and were the club's reputation not in tatters I've no doubt we could have attracted one. We're currently a laughing stock though, so someone like Slade is probably about as good as we could realistically expect this bunch to a be able to appoint.

We'd be his first promotion if he managed it with us, but at least he knows the league and has steered most of his former clubs well clear of trouble. As much as we all want promotion, 12 months of rot stopping and restoring our reputation in the game (making the wild assumption that the board really are finally going to get their beaks out of playing affairs) would not be such a bad end result.
  • Options
    I'll be just about satisfied if it is Slade, considering the mess we're in.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Doesn't matter who gets bought in. We are not in danger of going anywhere positive until this lot clear off.

As long as the husk as it will be then of charlton athletic remains we can come again when the loonies go

My only slim hope for the coming season is Jackson, Cousins and Solly stay fingers tightly crossed the weirdo and his cock sucker are gone soon

This.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Can't trust a man who wears a cap by choice

Especially when he is wearing a suit.
  • Options
    The fact that I am even half happy about this potential appointment says more about the sad state of CAFC than it does about Uncle Russ's managerial abilities
  • Options
    Where has all this come from? He only stepped up to DOF at Cardiff less than a week ago and I'm sure he's earning more there than we are offering. I don't see this happening, thankfully.
  • Options

Where has all this come from? He only stepped up to DOF at Cardiff less than a week ago and I'm sure he's earning more there than we are offering. I don't see this happening, thankfully.

Bookies and Richard Cawley. Rumor has it that he wasn't pleased to be moved up to DoF at Cardiff. Make of it what you will.