Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

seth plum said:
    Isn't that we said to Chris Powell ?

No we pretended not to notice the Palace bit, because he was young and naive then!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

seth plum said:

Probably not, he isn't called Carl.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Oggy Red said:

seth plum said:

Probably not, he isn't called Carl.
    Haha ..... I set myself up for that one!

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Russel Slade is currently in the Queens nut in the endz(Chislehurst), just had a whatsapp pic sent by the old man, I told him to tell him he might as well sign poyet, so i could have an update on the rumour thread shortly.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Russell Slade is on a very short list of managers that I've taken against for no rational reason whatsoever. The other is Brian McDermott. I just don't like them.

That's exactly how I feel. I can't stand Russell Slade - completely irrational. He looks like your favourite uncle, the sort of person you would call to unblock a toilet or something like that.

I suppose considering the about of shit hanging about the club he could be ideal.
    It's no longer irrational.....
  • Options
    New manager of Grimsby Town
  • Options

Championship, League One, League One, League Two... I see how this is going
    Yeah...some of the performances under Robinson have been awful, but I don't think Slade is the answer either. And I think Robinson has a more holistic approach to the club, i.e. bringing youth through, building a squad of younger players with big upside. I'm not saying that plan/vision always works out, mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crap but much better than Gobby and much less pointless noise.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Yeah...some of the performances under Robinson have been awful, but I don't think Slade is the answer either. And I think Robinson has a more holistic approach to the club, i.e. bringing youth through, building a squad of younger players with big upside. I'm not saying that plan/vision always works out, mind.
    Really? He hasn't got a clue on what formation or starting XI to pick game to game let alone a "holistic approach"
  • Options
    Slade's reappointment has gone down like a lead balloon with the die hard Grimsby fans ..
    they remember his last tenure when he insulted his top of the table Grimsby team at sworn enemies Lincoln (then also in the FL) by keeping the players on the pitch at 1/2 time and giving them a blackboard lesson in tactics .. talk about lose the dressing room ..
    soon after Grimsby gradually slid down the table and ended up losing a play off final to mighty Cheltenham .. Slade went and a couple of years later Grimsby went down to what was then the Conference, it look a long time to get back .. what has induced the Grimsby board to re-appoint this dullard ?
  • Options
    He always moaned about southern house prices. Problem solved
  • Options
    Small headline in tonight's 'Coventry Telegraph' .. 'Ex-Boss has a dig at Sky Blues after landing new job'

Evidently his move to Coventry was a mistake and he didn't do his homework before taking the job .. sounds familiar ?.. you're restating the bleedin obvious Russie, your career to date had been nothing but a series of mistakes .. you are always being mistaken for a football manager when really you're a burbling, buck passing waste of space
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Really? He hasn't got a clue on what formation or starting XI to pick game to game let alone a "holistic approach"
    Yeah there seems to be a weird disparity between the way that Slade and Robinson were/are both perceived and what the reality is of their management.

Slade was perceived by many as being a man without a plan but actually, however dour it may have been, he slowly but surely steadied a ship that was pretty much capsizing when he took over and had a consistent approach to games and, the Swindon game aside, results had been on a slow upward trajectory towards the end of his reign.

Robinson is still perceived by many as a man who knows what he wants and how to get it, but the reality is the teams changes every game, the shape and playing style has never settled in and results have deteriorated since he arrived, but supposedly it is more entertaining so I think most would still rather Robinson than Slade.

I don't know if it Robinson's excited puppy dog demeanor vs Slade's world weary skepticism that affects people's perception but I do find it strange that Slade still gets such a kicking.

• Options
    Fair play to Slade. 3 clubs in 1 season shows he clearly loves football. Just a shame he has no idea how to get a team to play it!
  • Options
    Slade had a shocking spell at Coventry, they don't rate him at all! Robins has turned them into a much better side, albeit too late to avoid relegation