Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't care less who they appoint as manager. Whoever comes here will have to do what Roland tells them to do, which was why Wilder was never going to come to us. Looking at Slade's past achievements or otherwise is otiose as his conditions at Charlton will be totally different to an other club he has worked at before.
  • Options
    Not exciting but exactly the sort of good manager we need, will stop us dropping any further down the leagues whilst we wait out Roland to leave.

We were never going to get anybody exciting under the current ownership, so pleased enough if this happens.
  • Options
    Rob said:

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Russell Slade is a British manager which is what we've been asking for. I thought he did OK at Orient. If he is appointed, stop whinging and get behind him.

It is right that they are damned irrespective of who they appoint. They have it made it clear that whatever the nationality of the manager he is going to have to work under conditions that will lead to failure. No one is asking for a British manager merely for the sake of his country of birth but rather they want a manager who can manage in the traditional way which means managing the budget he is given to obtain the players he would think would fit his system the best. That simply isn't going going to happen under Roland.
  • Options

"He could be our David Moyes" - Katrien

I'm praying that Russ, or whoever we get, will be our Claudio Ranieri
  • Options

Not exciting but exactly the sort of good manager we need, will stop us dropping any further down the leagues whilst we wait out Roland to leave.

We were never going to get anybody exciting under the current ownership, so pleased enough if this happens.

I don't get this idea that we need to get someone exciting. A lot of big name former players have flopped when managing a lower league club, while the up and coming manager may only have worked at one club because he was a former player, and knew the squad already.

Slade's Cardiff finished 8th, 1 point below Ipswich, and 6 off the playoffs. And 28 points above us.
  • Options

I'm praying that Russ, or whoever we get, will be our Claudio Ranieri
    I thing that will turn out to be more Claudia Winkleman
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.football365.com/news/jaap-stam-to-be-the-next-reading-manager

Given he states he might be "willing to start in the Championship or League One," I'm absolutely gutted we're not going to be anywhere near in the running for him.
  • Options
    As a League One club, we could do a lot worse than Slade. He'd have us competing near the top of the table.

He provided some stability to a basket-case club in Cardiff, hopefully he could do the same for us.
  • Options

I bet Nobby Vinegar is bitter.

• Options

I bet Nobby Vinegar is bitter.

Are you South African

• Options
    How about a dream team of Slade and Jacko as assistant.
    Could work well unless Pinocchio pokes her big nose in.
    COYR
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

http://www.football365.com/news/jaap-stam-to-be-the-next-reading-manager

Given he states he might be "willing to start in the Championship or League One," I'm absolutely gutted we're not going to be anywhere near in the running for him.

He's odds on for Reading.
  • Options
    Well said as always, Grapevine.

I'm guessing I'd be called delusional if I stated my sincere wish is that NO British manager/coach is willing to accept an offer from the regime.

The "buffoonery" of the afore mentioned is now well documented and any manager worth his salt will be fully aware of the tarnished if not poisoned chalice he would be handling in SE7.

So, when the barrel has been well & truly scraped and the new season looms large on the horizon, I presume there would be 2 options for RD...

His favourite, which would clearly incur the wrath of the protesters to say the least, would be to appoint yet another networker with the Sarsons guy most likely to be steered towards south east London. This would see said protests ramped up to the max and hence increase the pressure on the regime even more, with the liklihood of an increased number of fans boycotting home games.

The alternative would inevitably send the faithful into a state of orgasmic delirium (?) which even the sight of our friends from the New Den lauding it from the heights of the Championship would not dent one iota.

I can dream of course, and it's a thankless task, but someone has to do it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well said as always, Grapevine.

I'm guessing I'd be called delusional if I stated my sincere wish is that NO British manager/coach is willing to accept an offer from the regime.

The "buffoonery" of the afore mentioned is now well documented and any manager worth his salt will be fully aware of the tarnished if not poisoned chalice he would be handling in SE7.

So, when the barrel has been well & truly scraped and the new season looms large on the horizon, I presume there would be 2 options for RD...

His favourite, which would clearly incur the wrath of the protesters to say the least, would be to appoint yet another networker with the Sarsons guy most likely to be steered towards south east London. This would see said protests ramped up to the max and hence increase the pressure on the regime even more, with the liklihood of an increased number of fans boycotting home games.

The alternative would inevitably send the faithful into a state of orgasmic delirium (?) which even the sight of our friends from the New Den lauding it from the heights of the Championship would not dent one iota.

I can dream of course, and it's a thankless task, but someone has to do it...

A British manager will take the job. Even if it's Johnnie Jackson.
  • Options
    Rather have Russell Grant. Noddy from Slade would be good as well. Hang on Noddy seems to close to the real manager, Nobby..............Nobby Vinegar.
    Come on you mugs you know Nobby Vinegar is already lined up. Everything else is a smokescreen. Announcement in July will be we have tried every British manager but Nobby is our man.
  • Options
    As others have said clearly any manager that joins the regime will have shown complete lack of regard for the Charlton fans and football in this country. So whoever gets the job needs to be driven out like his predecessors.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

As others have said clearly any manager that joins the regime will have shown complete lack of regard for the Charlton fans and football in this country. So whoever gets the job needs to be driven out like his predecessors.

Don't be so silly.
    Silly? 100% spot on. Owners have to go. Any manager that chooses to support them can only be morons.
  • Options

Yes, the owners have to go, but no I wouldn't like to drive Slade or Johnnie Jackson out of the club, if they are to be the team.

Have we just created a rumor that JJ will be a part of the coaching set-up?
  • Options

Yes, the owners have to go, but no I wouldn't like to drive Slade or Johnnie Jackson out of the club, if they are to be the team.

Jackson knows how shit the owner is and how the fans feel. Why would he jump sides and support them?
  • Options
    Nobby Vinegar,head coach, JJ assistant coach. Just waiting for the announcement.......you heard it first here.........
  • Options
    I posted this on the manager rumour thread -

Skybet -

Russell Slade 8/11
    Johnnie Jackson evens

It's looks to me like it will be those 2 and the reason they are now nearly equally ranked, could be a matter of job titles.

Slade DoF with Jackson head coach or Slade head coach, with Jackson as his assistant.