Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade

Comments

• Options
    kentred2 said:

Yes, the owners have to go, but no I wouldn't like to drive Slade or Johnnie Jackson out of the club, if they are to be the team.

Jackson knows how shit the owner is and how the fans feel. Why would he jump sides and support them?
    Jump sides, jump sides ?

He goes from playing for them to coaching for them.

How is that jumping sides ?

What on earth are you talking about ?

• Options

kentred2 said:

Yes, the owners have to go, but no I wouldn't like to drive Slade or Johnnie Jackson out of the club, if they are to be the team.

Jackson knows how shit the owner is and how the fans feel. Why would he jump sides and support them?
    Jump sides, jump sides ?

He goes from playing for them to coaching for them.

How is that jumping sides ?

What on earth are you talking about ?

If the previous managers since Powell were regime puppets so will the next.
  • Options

I posted this on the manager rumour thread -

Skybet -

Russell Slade 8/11
    Johnnie Jackson evens

It's looks to me like it will be those 2 and the reason they are now nearly equally ranked, could be a matter of job titles.

Slade DoF with Jackson head coach or Slade head coach, with Jackson as his assistant.

Ah thanks. It's really annoying that someone decided to create a specific "Russell Slade" thread, confusing it with the ongoing managers thread....
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I obviously wouldn't be over the moon but I think Slade does make sense really, although I fear it is because of his history of putting up with nonsensical owners and random players at Orient over his reasonable lower league record. I don't see why people would prefer Adkins so much more when he is basically David Brent and in a one way career trajectory although I can see some merit in him too.
  • Options

I obviously wouldn't be over the moon but I think Slade does make sense really, although I fear it is because of his history of putting up with nonsensical owners and random players at Orient over his reasonable lower league record. I don't see why people would prefer Adkins so much more when he is basically David Brent and in a one way career trajectory although I can see some merit in him too.

Yes, there's a lot of the Brent about Adkins, and it's why I wouldn't particularly like him, but he has had promotions from the FL and has managed in the Premier League. So far, his experience far outweighs anyone else we've been linked with, even as I try to link us to Jaap Staam (I know he's nailed on for Reading).
  • Options
    Sky Bet -

Johnnie Jackson now 8/11 favorite
    Russell Slade evens
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I'd settle for Jacko and Slade in some kind of partnership. Someone young and enthusiastic who knows the club and has the fans' respect and someone experienced who knows the lower leagues very well, is used to working on a tight budget and will come with lots of contacts.

Don't personally get the ambivalence towards Slade and think we could do a lot worse, and have done.
  • Options
    We are getting close now folks. Wilder said NO.....Adkins said NO........Hill said NO.......Slade said NO.............so we are getting close to June and even closer to Nobby Vinegar. JJ as number 2.
    You have to hand it to Liar Liar she can say she has spoken to British managers but no one wants the job. No doubt she will have put confidentiality clauses in any discussions, written material or contracts to stop the truth about why these prospective managers do not want to join our basket case of a club.
    It has nothing to do with money. It is to do with control of footballing matters which RD will not relinquish. Also Liar Liar will come across as a smarmy cow who you would not trust with a barge pole.
  • Options
    I suspect she will lie as usual and say that none of the British managers were up to doing the job. Whereas Nobby........!!!! I will be spending time today researching swear words in his native language so I can give him a warm welcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's clearly been some wonga put on JJ ...he's now odds-on favourite for the job..

https://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

Nobby is still a good each-way bet at 28's.
  • Options

There's clearly been some wonga put on JJ ...he's now odds-on favourite for the job..

That thread is frightening. We keep hearing that young managers don't get a chance but with that many clubs 'sacking' their manager there are a lot of posts to go for.
  • Options

I really hope that they don't give the job to Jackson. He's just about the only real footballing hero we've had a The Valley for ten years. I wouldn't wan't that to be tarnished by him being a regime lackey.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I really hope that they don't give the job to Jackson. He's just about the only real footballing hero we've had a The Valley for ten years. I wouldn't wan't that to be tarnished by him being a regime lackey.
    does this mean that Kermorgant has made the transition from the adored hero to that of a GOD ((:>)
  • Options
    Kermo was and still Is god
  • Options
    Slade is a big pig.

Crap manager and will take you nowhere
  • Options
    Niel Harris got given the job at millwall had not been a manger before why not jj cant do no worst than them other wankers
  • Options
    dallas said:

Niel Harris got given the job at millwall had not been a manger before why not jj cant do no worst than them other wankers

He managed the under 21's for a couple of years first, so on that basis Jason should get it. Having said that, your point is valid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Slade is a big pig.

Does that mean you are small,fat,bald and useless?.
  • Options

Slade is a big pig.

ermm?
  • Options

Slade is a big pig.

Crap manager and will take you nowhere

What is it with you about pigs ?

• Options
    I am sure JJ will go into management when he retires, but starting out at a club which is in meltdown on and off the pitch is a sure way to bugger up a career before it's started. And it's not as if he has been learning from a great manager (as with Giggs at Man Utd), Jackson's hardly got on first name terms with any of the most recent bunch before they have been sent packing. If he asks advice from the one man he has served under for some time - Chris Powell - I am sure the advise would be to keep well clear.

I can't see JJ would get the autonomy needed to do the job, so have to see the appointment, if it happens, as shameless politics from RD/Daisy, attempting to stiffle dissent and take the sting out of the protests.
  • Options

Slade is a big pig.

ermm?
    You said Slade was a big pig. Slade is bald, fat and useless.

Never mind.
  • Options

Slade is a big pig.

ermm?
    You said Slade was a big pig. Slade is bald, fat and useless.

Never mind.
    I think he meant, he's a pig, as in Sheff U are "pigs".
  • Options
    Slade isn't looking for success as far as I can tell. I imagine his preferred options would be a) Remain the established manager of Cardiff City b) Get a job as manager of a reasonably credible club like Blackburn or Reading c) Get a job at a crisis club that wants to recover like Bolton or MK Dons d) Take on a basket case like Blackpool, Leeds or Charlton with the contractual personal remuneration set in stone whatever the results.
  • Options
    Blackburn & Reading's owners are barely credible and Bolton's chairman has fraud convictions doesn't he ?
  • Options
    According to Sky Sports News Slade has left his job at Cardiff