Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sidemen

Comments

• Options
    esseffect said:
    Absolute meltdown on Twitter because of this. Club trying to make money… money pays for players… but fans are crying yet again.

always the case when results aren’t going our way.
    How does covering the badge make money?
  • Options
    No room to put whatever this logo is elsewhere then? 
  • Options
    No room to put whatever this logo is elsewhere then? 
    I’ve no doubt a YouTube mini documentary will appear on their channel about how they ‘took over’ the stadium, including a time lapse video of how the badges were covered up with their own.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Hosting the game makes money. They are probably just using the existing structure there for a sidemen logo 
    not sure why people are getting annoyed about it
    The football equivalent of taking off your wedding ring to meet a one night stand

Not my view just conjecture.
    More like the football equivalent of putting your house up on Airbnb for a weekend and the person that stays over puts a different coloured throw on the bed
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Hosting the game makes money. They are probably just using the existing structure there for a sidemen logo 
    The football equivalent of taking off your wedding ring to meet a one night stand

Not my view just conjecture.
    More like the football equivalent of putting your house up on Airbnb for a weekend and the person that stays over puts a different coloured throw on the bed
    As long as it’s not a CPFC throw
  • Options
    I can’t say I care about covering the badge for an afternoon, it is for Charity after all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can’t say I care about covering the badge for an afternoon, it is for Charity after all. 

• Options
    I do. Its our ground. The badge shows whose ground it is. If they wanted to play in a ground with no identity then the could rent out Goals or a sports stadium. 

I bet Millwall wouldn't allow it. 

My 2 boys are going to this - I bet Golfie Jnr wont be happy. 
  • Options
    Doesn’t bother me but I think it’s more about who’s involved that annoys people. The whole YouTube thing is pretty embarrassing tbh.
  • Options
    Even if they left the badge alone, they could still CGI it out in the edit and it wouldn’t appear anyway. 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    I’ve heard the Bartram statue has been dug out of the ground and replaced with KSI for 12 months as part of the deal.
    Yeah but the club make money from it!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I know that, was just wondering why covering the badge is necessary. Not that it bothers me either way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh come on, you're meant to be enraged, apopletic, distraught, it's what we do these days.
    Are we allowed just to be a bit peeved? As far as I can tell they managed to play two previous games without needing to do this.

As Golfie said on my superflous thread (sorry about that) multiple sponsorships are not difficult and as far as I recall, there are two big spaces above exits 5 and 6 on Harvey Gardens where they could put not one, but two logos without disturbing ours. 

It's not the end of the world, but I claim right to feel a tad put out...  :#   
    TS obviously got "shown the money" and Roland probably needs his cut as well. Duct tape is not cheap.
  • Options
    I do. Its our ground. The badge shows whose ground it is. If they wanted to play in a ground with no identity then the could rent out Goals or a sports stadium. 

I bet Millwall wouldn't allow it. 

My 2 boys are going to this - I bet Golfie Jnr wont be happy. 
    Not surprised, If Golfie Jnr is like his dad then he's never happy. 

There's plenty of bloody identity in the Valley, far more than what's on show at the Toolbox.

We've got a statue of Sam Bartram and they've got one for the Lion of London Bridge.
  • Options
    They better not cover my son’s brick outside the main entrance. I paid “a fortune” back in the day 
  • Options
    Anyone going to this has to have a word with themselves.

This is a Charlton match yeah? 
  • Options
    Providing no damage is caused to the badge I really can't get annoyed about this
  • Options
    Do Spurs cover badges etc when they host 
    American games, Boxing or concerts ? 
  • Options
    Just wait till we are in the Champions League and we have to move fans out of the first few rows of seats to allow advertising boards. Then you will really see the fanbase up in arms. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Do Spurs cover badges etc when they host 
    American games, Boxing or concerts ? 
    No because they’re not being turned into a family Grizwald corporate failure.