Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sidemen

Comments

• Options
    I can’t say I care about covering the badge for an afternoon, it is for Charity after all. 
    I do. Its our ground. The badge shows whose ground it is. If they wanted to play in a ground with no identity then the could rent out Goals or a sports stadium. 

I bet Millwall wouldn't allow it. 

My 2 boys are going to this - I bet Golfie Jnr wont be happy. 
    If the ground showed whose it was the badge would have some yellow teeth and a gaffer taped shoe in it!
  • Options
    Do Spurs cover badges etc when they host 
    American games, Boxing or concerts ? 
    Based on the concerts we attended:
    They didn't open the gates until an hour after when they said they would
    And they shut up all the catering outlets fully an hour earlier than the signs in the venue said they would
    Seemed they struggled to manage access for around 45k gig goers, when football (both sorts) apparently attracts 60+
    They couldn't do much about the huge silver cock on the roof but don't remember much THFC branding anywhere
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Do Spurs cover badges etc when they host 
    American games, Boxing or concerts ? 
    Based on the concerts we attended:
    They didn't open the gates until an hour after when they said they would
    And they shut up all the catering outlets fully an hour earlier than the signs in the venue said they would
    Seemed they struggled to manage access for around 45k gig goers, when football (both sorts) apparently attracts 60+
    They couldn't do much about the huge silver cock on the roof but don't remember much THFC branding anywhere

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Providing no damage is caused to the badge I really can't get annoyed about this
    this - people getting very wound up over nothing here

do the NFL cover up all Spurs references when they take over their ground (genuinely no idea)

can't see an issue myself, have zero interest in going (no idea who they are) but it's for charity and it's sold out so fair play to them - my kids know who they are!
  • Options
    I am going but my eyes will be on my iPad from 215pm 😉
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    JaShea99 said:
    Doesn’t bother me but I think it’s more about who’s involved that annoys people. The whole YouTube thing is pretty embarrassing tbh.
    The world is very much changing - If you can find a niche in the market it appears a good way to make some form of an income now... There are a few vloggers (mainly Photographers) that I'll watch on a weekly basis, who thanks to YouTube have been able to use it as their main career now.

There is a lot of shite on there, but equally its no different to other streaming platforms in some regard, the only difference is that the majority of it is self production, rather than having the money of Netflix etc. to support them.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    It's disrespectful and Thomas should sell the club because of this ffs 🤣

Some right bedwetting on twitter today.
  • Options
    Brings much needed revenue to the club. Don't care (as long as they don't put a Palace logo up in its place !)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can’t say I care about covering the badge for an afternoon, it is for Charity after all. 
    Oh come on, you're meant to be enraged, apopletic, distraught, it's what we do these days.
    Are we allowed just to be a bit peeved? As far as I can tell they managed to play two previous games without needing to do this.

As Golfie said on my superflous thread (sorry about that) multiple sponsorships are not difficult and as far as I recall, there are two big spaces above exits 5 and 6 on Harvey Gardens where they could put not one, but two logos without disturbing ours. 

It's not the end of the world, but I claim right to feel a tad put out...  :#   
    TS obviously got "shown the money" and Roland probably needs his cut as well. Duct tape is not cheap.
    I think we Know Thomas is willing to be bent over and fisted for a torn fiver these days.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Just wait till we are in the Champions League and we have to move fans out of the first few rows of seats to allow advertising boards. Then you will really see the fanbase up in arms. 
    Well they have three years to get used to the idea ..... European ready.
  • Options
    Imagine getting upset over the badge being covered up. Some people in this world are honestly so sad
    Would you be OK with it, if they covered it with a blue and white Lion or a red and blue Eagle?
  • Options
    Come on they’re not even Charlton fans , they’re obviously embarrassed to be associated with third tier complete wankness 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Providing no damage is caused to the badge I really can't get annoyed about this
    this - people getting very wound up over nothing here

do the NFL cover up all Spurs references when they take over their ground (genuinely no idea)

can't see an issue myself, have zero interest in going (no idea who they are) but it's for charity and it's sold out so fair play to them - my kids know who they are!
    For the Oxford match I'm wearing a blue Millwall shirt & having my face painted with blue & red stripes ala Palace. All for charity of course......
  • Options
    Will Charlton TV still be at the valley on Saturday? Will be strange to see a full stadium in the background.
  • Options
    Will Charlton TV still be at the valley on Saturday? Will be strange to see a full stadium in the background.
    They will be at Barnsley.
  • Options
    They will be at Barnsley.
    Is that right? They (Minto, Curbs etc) usually present away games from Charlton TV studio at the valley with an empty stadium in the background.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Doesn’t bother me but I think it’s more about who’s involved that annoys people. The whole YouTube thing is pretty embarrassing tbh.
    The world is very much changing - If you can find a niche in the market it appears a good way to make some form of an income now... There are a few vloggers (mainly Photographers) that I'll watch on a weekly basis, who thanks to YouTube have been able to use it as their main career now.

There is a lot of shite on there, but equally its no different to other streaming platforms in some regard, the only difference is that the majority of it is self production, rather than having the money of Netflix etc. to support them.
    Yeah I don’t mean YouTube itself is embarrassing. I meant the whole YouTube boxing, YouTube football, kids idolising talentless morons who make pointless videos etc. The point about you following photographers on there is that they (presumably) are talented and do have skills that are useful for something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Night Nurse - Take One 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:

Yeah I don’t mean YouTube itself is embarrassing. I meant the whole YouTube boxing, YouTube football, kids idolising talentless morons who make pointless videos etc. The point about you following photographers on there is that they (presumably) are talented and do have skills that are useful for something.
    They’ve made careers from producing videos that regularly attract thousands of viewers, that’s a talent isn’t it? 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Imagine getting upset over the badge being covered up. Some people in this world are honestly so sad
    Would you be OK with it, if they covered it with a blue and white Lion or a red and blue Eagle?
    No, but they’re not are they?
    But if it was for enough money .....?
  • Options
    Absolutely. Although I would want all the money up front.
  • Options
    Don't really see the issue, it's not as if anyone that's attending this will suddenly be buying 3 ticket packages off the back of it because of a badge. 
  • Options
    They’re paying us with 250 NFT’s or does someone know different 
    maybe they could change the stadium name to the Sideman Valley as a sponsorship package because they’re giving us money NFT’s that’s fine