Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sidemen

Comments

• Options
    I think considering what the fans went through to get it back, being a bit sensitive about how our ground is used and depicted is totally understandable.

It might be a bit of plastic on a wall, but if it wasn't for that badge underneath it, and the people that fought for it, they wouldn't be playing there. A bit of respect for the history and fans isn't too much to ask IMO.

Very dramatic but noted…
  • Options
    I think considering what the fans went through to get it back, being a bit sensitive about how our ground is used and depicted is totally understandable.

It might be a bit of plastic on a wall, but if it wasn't for that badge underneath it, and the people that fought for it, they wouldn't be playing there. A bit of respect for the history and fans isn't too much to ask IMO.

Very dramatic but noted…
    Not at all dramatic for those who lived through it.
    Again, I wasn’t incensed but uncomfortable.
    The timing of it.
    Just all very unnecessary imo.
  • Options
    Very important for the badge not to be covered. 
    Surely publicity is as relevant here as revenue for Charlton, especially aimed at such a young audience. And it's even a football match, let's not forget, for it could well have been some other less relevant gimmick.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2022/september/crawley-town-fc-to-scout-players-at-sidemen-fc-charity-match/

In one of the weirdest things I've seen from an ownership group , Crawley look like they're going to potentially sign someone from this. 
    It’s either publicity seeking stunt, or an attempt to get a couple of free tickets. Fair play, either way. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2022/september/crawley-town-fc-to-scout-players-at-sidemen-fc-charity-match/

In one of the weirdest things I've seen from an ownership group , Crawley look like they're going to potentially sign someone from this. 
    It’s either publicity seeking stunt, or an attempt to get a couple of free tickets. Fair play, either way. 
    To be fair a few of these guys can play... Probably with L2 their absolute ceiling.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    MarcusH26 said:

To be fair a few of these guys can play... Probably with L2 or the England team their absolute ceiling.
    Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    Surely publicity is as relevant here as revenue for Charlton, especially aimed at such a young audience. And it's even a football match, let's not forget, for it could well have been some other less relevant gimmick.
    Our current youth are products of the Premier league days... itl be fucking depressing if the next crop in 10 years are because KSI once played at The Valley.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Our current youth are products of the Premier league days... itl be fucking depressing if the next crop in 10 years are because KSI once played at The Valley.
    Watching KSI and LazarBeam at The Valley could inspire some of them to play more football, or watch more football, maybe even follow a team (Charlton?). I would not find it that depressing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    MarcusH26 said:

To be fair a few of these guys can play... Probably with L2 their absolute ceiling.
    Yes. And if Crawley signed one, if only for a few games, the publicity could be enormous for the club. Would certainly sell out the ground on match days. And all these guys are super wealthy, so they wouldn’t be doing it for the money. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Like a lot of our team then…

• Options
    Fair few people already arriving for this here in SE7 and making their way to the ground.

Not sure what pre-match stuff might be happening, but it better be good if arriving this early for a 3pm kick off as they’re surely going to be disappointed with the delights of Floyd Road.
  • Options
    Fair few people already arriving for this here in SE7 and making their way to the ground.

Not sure what pre-match stuff might be happening, but it better be good if arriving this early for a 3pm kick off as they’re surely going to be disappointed with the delights of Floyd Road.
    They will be there hoping for selfies and autographs, no question.
  • Options
    Can KSI play left back?
  • Options

Certainly more entertaining than usual down The Valley
  • Options
    Uurghhhhh Chase and Status 🤮
  • Options
    I have no interest in this but if the proceeds go to charity then i'm all for it. They should try and get a bigger stadium next time though. 

also saw the tickets started at £10 for adults and £7 for kids. something for Thomas to think about maybe..
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Watching KSI and LazarBeam at The Valley could inspire some of them to play more football, or watch more football, maybe even follow a team (Charlton?). I would not find it that depressing.
    Whats depressing is my post and the content of it if you actually read it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Fan Bar in the South Stand"? 
  • Options
    Feels really weird being in here and seeing it fill up like old Prem days. Community trust present but wish they had got some form of ticket promo going. Just the scale of the stadium may have tempted a few back with the right marketing. Perhaps terms of rental agreement forbade it? 
  • Options
    At least the football will be better
  • Options
    Currently 1Million people watching on YouTube, a rea shame there virtually zero Charlton branding around! 

Mr Beast to buy out Sandgaard?😂
  • Options
    Just in case anyone wants to see a full Valley.

https://youtu.be/z0h3h1UVPSs
  • Options
    Just in case anyone wants to see a full Valley.

https://youtu.be/z0h3h1UVPSs
    Yea show Thomas
  • Options
    Over 1 million people currently watching the stream.
  • Options
    Over a million people watching and it’s not kicked off yet.