Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sidemen

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    sammy391 said:
    Currently 1Million people watching on YouTube, a rea shame there virtually zero Charlton branding around! 

Mr Beast to buy out Sandgaard?😂
    Specsavers and JD are clearly visible. Just a large Charlton badge anywhere in the ground would have been easily seen by millions around the world, and it would have been worth a lot of money in publicity.
  • Options
    For all the furore over branding, they can't even get a decent background for the commentators.. ..  I doubt they thought this through enough to cover the CAFC badge...
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Currently 1Million people watching on YouTube, a rea shame there virtually zero Charlton branding around! 

Specsavers and JD are clearly visible. Just a large Charlton badge anywhere in the ground would have been easily seen by millions around the world, and it would have been worth a lot of money in publicity.
    What’s that ? SMT cocking up sn opportunity???
    well I’ll be…
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

What’s that ? SMT cocking up sn opportunity???
    well I’ll be…
    It's a comedy match: my son falling about laughing in the other room. Still, I think it would still be a good opportunity to showcase the ground and promote the club.
  • Options
    What exactly is the appeal to watch YouTubers playing charity football?

I’m doing my best to not slag it off, as it’s clearly not aimed at people like me, but can someone explain to me even why young people would want to sit around on a Saturday afternoon and watch this online?

Genuinely curious.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    cafctom said:

I’m doing my best to not slag it off, as it’s clearly not aimed at people like me, but can someone explain to me even why young people would want to sit around on a Saturday afternoon and watch this online?

Genuinely curious.
    For some probably it's better to watch that rather than as us right now.....
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Genuinely curious.
    Here's my best try (I have two teenage sons):
    you play video games; you then watch people around the world being really good at the games you play; you come to admire those gamers, and you would like to see them in the flesh; they play a football match that would be competitive-ish and funny (and free!). What's not to like 🤣

Anyway, I must go back to the Barnsley thread ... even as we concede 🤬
  • Options
    Same reason as watching pop stars and actors play in a charity match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoyable game 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Very important for the badge not to be covered. 
    Surely publicity is as relevant here as revenue for Charlton, especially aimed at such a young audience. And it's even a football match, let's not forget, for it could well have been some other less relevant gimmick.
    Our current youth are products of the Premier league days... itl be fucking depressing if the next crop in 10 years are because KSI once played at The Valley.
    Watching KSI and LazarBeam at The Valley could inspire some of them to play more football, or watch more football, maybe even follow a team (Charlton?). I would not find it that depressing.
    Whats depressing is my post and the content of it if you actually read it.
    I did read it but it was a very specific scenario: that the next crop 10 years from now would be inspired by KSI once playing at The Valley. This I thought unlikely, but yes, it would be a bit odd.
  • Options
    Sounds like the valley and surrounding area is the chosen battleground for the gangs today.
  • Options
    2.4 million watching on YouTube
  • Options
    Half a million raised for charity so far
  • Options
    Sounds like the valley and surrounding area is the chosen battleground for the gangs today.
    Saw something on Twitter about this and staff barricading themselves in
  • Options
    Saw something on Twitter about this and staff barricading themselves in
    Sounds awful 
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/septimusajprime/status/1573675700137205760?s=46&t=CK-1N5djpfYsQVqMEgcYqw

If you watch the video to the end you get a good view of the Valey. Absolutely packed to the rafters, actually feels strange (and a little bit sad) to see it full given how abysmal the attendances have been this season. 
  • Options
    2.4 million watching on YouTube
    That is mental
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    How many watched our playoff final?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loads of trouble outside. Kids without tickets trying to storm the covered end according to a steward
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Whats the appeal of third tier Charlton these days?
  • Options
    Loads of trouble outside. Kids without tickets trying to storm the covered end according to a steward
    Bizarre. 
  • Options
    Probably Millwall 
  • Options
    Load of people with tickets haven't got in because stewards closed gates due to being trying to sneak in. 
  • Options
    Just saw a clip of half a dozen stewards getting the runaround on the pitch trying to catch a pitch invader 
  • Options
    Huh, so it seems Aneke has been saving himself for the big one - snuk in at 21 in disguise. 

Only that geezer playing 21 is about 5 stone overweight - but has still done more on the pitch this season than Chuks!
  • Options
    More entertaining than watching Charlton and I haven’t a clue who they are