Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sidemen

Comments

• Options
    Surely his real name is Paul Logan. 
  • Options
    Surely his real name is Paul Logan. 
    Nope his real name is Logan Alexander Paul.  His brother is Jake Joseph Paul.  Maybe his parents were big Wolverine fans?
  • Options
    OMG…… it’s arrived I’m bloody old.  I have no idea who Logan Paul is, and wouldn’t know him if he stood in front of me.
    Me neither, he’s no Ronnie Pickering. 

And I thought KSI sang Please Don’t Go back in the day 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    mendonca said:
    Nothing but a white sheet has been 'taken down'. It might have been placed to create a prototype.

What has life become for people who should be working, living their life, running a family, to waste time on things like this.
    My mother-in-law says exactly the same about football. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to some insightful commentary from Terry and Greg for this one.
  • Options
    Third party charity match with players followed by youth generation sells out and guarantees pay day toward reducing balance sheet deficit - horror! 

For the teenage generation, it is not dissimilar to seeing our fave celebs turn up for a charity game. Each YouTuber/Sideman will have their own followers, many in the high millions, so 27,000 turning up for all of them combined is a tiny percentage and if I were the club, I would not only take the money, but get a one off 50% off entry voucher for our next home game, perhaps 60% if you buy from the ticket office on the day. Stress test new supporter market appetite and price tolerance to boot…anyway, sounds too easy, so won’t happen!
    I don't think too many people have an issue with it taking place? It didn't even register on my radar until what they are already calling "Badgegate"...  ;)

Paragraph two - great idea. Though some season ticket holders might need a moan up about it...  :D    
  • Options
    That Logan Paul fella was the one who posted a video of him in Japan with his mates at a suicide hot spot. Showed the body etc. 

Not a nice bloke by all accounts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its all just a part of being aboard the good ship HMS Break Even In League One!
  • Options
    Did anyone care back in the day when the London Broncos played at The Valley ? We'd have fans protesting if that happened now.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    shine166 said:
    Did anyone care back in the day when the London Broncos played at The Valley ? We'd have fans protesting if that happened now.
    I have read back through the thread, I don't think anyone at all on here has a problem with the match taking place? I may have missed one post, but I don't think I did. 

If I remember correctly the Broncos and the Addicks both had their badges displayed back in the day. 

I don't think anyone has suggested they would have a problem with both badges being dispayed this weekend?

I am slightly disgruntled at the idea of our badge being covered in our stadium. I think others who care are more or less the same. Seems like it's been dealt with now anyway?

I'm getting more of this vibe than steamy eared gammons frothing at their PCs...

• Options
    Good bit of extra cash for the club, let's not push them away, who cares if they cover our badge for a day?
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    Good bit of extra cash for the club, let's not push them away, who cares if they cover our badge for a day?
    See several posts above for the answer to that one, Tom.   
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I have read back through the thread, I don't think anyone at all on here has a problem with the match taking place? I may have missed one post, but I don't think I did. 

If I remember correctly the Broncos and the Addicks both had their badges displayed back in the day. 

I don't think anyone has suggested they would have a problem with both badges being dispayed this weekend?

I am slightly disgruntled at the idea of our badge being covered in our stadium. I think others who care are more or less the same. Seems like it's been dealt with now anyway?

I'm getting more of this vibe than steamy eared gammons frothing at their PCs...

I'm talking about in general, wasn't me that said our fans were losing the plot on twitter. Adults moaning about a badge being covered is still weird, no matter how you try and deflect it.
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    Me and thankfully TS as well. bout time me and Sandgarrd agree on something. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    That Logan Paul fella was the one who posted a video of him in Japan with his mates at a suicide hot spot. Showed the body etc. 

Not a nice bloke by all accounts. 
    To be fair, that was a long time ago and by all accounts, he's grown into a likable person. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

I'm talking about in general, wasn't me that said our fans were losing the plot on twitter. Adults moaning about a badge being covered is still weird, no matter how you try and deflect it.
    We probably had people objecting to the Broncos then, there just wasn't a Charlton Life to moan about it. I can live with weird. Many, many friends thought I was weird back in 1990 when I was leafleting people to Vote Valley. 

You don't care, I do (a little bit). We'll have to agree to differ.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Never covered the badge.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Never covered the badge.
    No, just covered the pitch with other lines that were still visible for our games. Considering how much effort paddy used to put into it, it's crazy to think it went ahead. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Never covered the badge.
    No, just covered the pitch with other lines that were still visible for our games. Considering how much effort paddy used to put into it, it's crazy to think it went ahead. 
    We were 4 years into returning back home and any extra revenue would have helped towards improving the ground and the team. 

Sadly groundsman don’t have much say in that matter 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Never covered the badge.
    We were 4 years into returning back home and any extra revenue would have helped towards improving the ground and the team. 

They do, that’s why they ended up moving (or so I was told).
    Broncos wanted to stay.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Never covered the badge.

They do, that’s why they ended up moving (or so I was told).
    Broncos wanted to stay.
    In the early 2000’s then? Cause they played on the ground during 1995/1996 and moved away to the Stoop before coming back again.

Regardless of that the Valley like most stadium is an  empty shell bar the league and cup fixtures.

The sidemen could play there every other week if Sandgaard wanted that revenue into the club. Especially if he wants to break even 
  • Options
    Come on they’re not even Charlton fans , they’re obviously embarrassed to be associated with third tier complete wankness 
    I agree. And understand their reason.
  • Options
    I think considering what the fans went through to get it back, being a bit sensitive about how our ground is used and depicted is totally understandable.

It might be a bit of plastic on a wall, but if it wasn't for that badge underneath it, and the people that fought for it, they wouldn't be playing there. A bit of respect for the history and fans isn't too much to ask IMO.

• Options
    Anyone know of our games being shown anywhere in the ground? Lounges etc?
    Anyone?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    And the Greenwich Rams?