Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bury away travel

Comments

• Options

Not been so looking forward to this, how long does the tram take from bury back to Manchester? Just so I book a train back with enough time??

You know you're Charlton if you can answer..

Can someone answer this please! Wanna book the 17:55 back from Manchester Piccadilly is that enough time to walk and get in the tram from Bury?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Not been so looking forward to this, how long does the tram take from bury back to Manchester? Just so I book a train back with enough time??

Can someone answer this please! Wanna book the 17:55 back from Manchester Piccadilly is that enough time to walk and get in the tram from Bury?
    30 mins
  • Options

30 mins
    Cheers VG 17:55 all good then.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I went there for our cup game back in the Upton Park days. Ain't going again.

I have it my head that we wore that purple and green striped shirt
  • Options
    The team, not me and you
  • Options

I think Elfsborg said on here any train before 6.30 is pushing it.
  • Options
    I'm buying a return for 8.50. Will be home by 6.30

Then again, I do live in Leigh

HTH
  • Options

Oh Dear..I'm on the 6.15...or i hope to be :(
  • Options

See you in the boozer mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Took Elfsborgs advice 18:35 back
  • Options
    think the Club have a job going for Elfsborg
  • Options

think the Club have a job going for Elfsborg

Clive and me have been approached.

We're in talks with our agent.
  • Options
    read somewhere yesterday thats theres a virgin sale on 5-7th july so may be able to snap up something to manchester then.
  • Options

See you in the boozer mate.
    Yep,I'll be with the little fella
  • Options
    I've got one space in my Car, Driving up from Folkestone can pit stop anywhere close to the m20 on the way up
  • Options

I'm buying a return for 8.50. Will be home by 6.30

Then again, I do live in Leigh

HTH

Ride your bike you lazy b.........
  • Options
    Based on the metrolink website you should be fine for the 18.15 from Piccadilly, as someone was asking earlier - trams from Bury to Piccadilly are every 6 minutes after the game and the journey takes just over half an hour.

At least I hope so, as that's what I've booked!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Just done two adult returns for £40. (£20 each)
    The return tram is about £4.50 each.
    11 am out
    6.35 pm back.

Now how to get the actual match tickets. Are they on sale and for how much?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Virgin Seat Sale has gone live a day early so you can get a single each way for £10.

Cheers for that @alanscoachdriver got a return (albeit I'm coming from from Glasgow) for £18.40!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Just done two adult returns for £40. (£20 each)
    The return tram is about £4.50 each.
    11 am out
    6.35 pm back.

Now how to get the actual match tickets. Are they on sale and for how much?

Pay on the day.

Go on the Bury site for prices.

The concession rate will apply to us.
  • Options
    Booked up. Arrive Manchester just before 1pm home on 6.35. £20.00 return.
  • Options
    Does this Virgin sale malarkey include the trains to Preston for which we go via for fleetwood away??
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Does this Virgin sale malarkey include the trains to Preston for which we go via for fleetwood away??

Well it doesn't seem to, because I tried yesterday via Virgin trains & via the trainline & no discount appeared.

It also didn't offer a group discount, which according to the T&C seems to be offered randomly.

(I've already booked Fleetwood, but was curious).
  • Options

Well it doesn't seem to, because I tried yesterday via Virgin trains & via the trainline & no discount appeared.

It also didn't offer a group discount, which according to the T&C seems to be is offered randomly.

Loving that we booked bury well in advance then this sale came up, would've saved £80 between us :neutral:
  • Options

It also didn't offer a group discount, which according to the T&C seems to be offered randomly.

If you want a Virgin group discount for Fleetwood you have to buy a return to Preston only. Blackpool is on Northern Rail.

We’ve booked that and are going via Poulton-le-Fylde rather than Blackpool.

We’ve also missed out on the extra cheap Bury trains although with the group discount it cost us £34 apiece.
  • Options
    Just booked for three of us £20 return. Bargain!
  • Options

No, the last date of travel is the 4th Sep and Fleetwood is the 10th.
  • Options
    Train ticket sale at the moment with Virgin for 3 days only. Gets you a return to Manchester for £20 and £10 child return.