Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bury away travel

Comments

• Options

Even I'm going to Bury (ta for the tenner train ticket tip), and I haven't been to an away match since Sheffield Wednesday two years ago.

Plastic :smiley:
    Fantastic, of course. Have ditched the ST so looking forward to a few away days.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Anyone have any idea how much match tickets are.

Im led to believe it's £22.
    £18 according to cafc ticket news on twitter
    Even better. I might buy a house in bury with the £4 I'll be saving!
    Ah, but that only gives you a flat.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Aren't you confusing Bury with Scouse land, EA ?

• Options

Nicholas said:

Aren't you confusing Bury with Scouse land, EA ?

No, over there you get a studio.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Match tickets sorted this morning £18 adult.
  • Options
    "There is an administration charge of £2.50 per transaction for purchases made over the phone or in person"

Admin charge creeping up. Taking the pee charging you in person!
  • Options
    yeah paid online £18.00 plus a £1.00 postage fee, i think that's reasonable enough on bury's part, no reason why any league 1 match should be anymore than £20.00
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble with the online ticketing system? Everytime I try and pay it says and error ocurred and logs me out.
  • Options
    I will go down there in person tomorrow. Am I to understand there is an extra charge for people who schlepp to the actual Valley and buy at the ticket office window?
  • Options
    looks like it Seth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

I will go down there in person tomorrow. Am I to understand there is an extra charge for people who schlepp to the actual Valley and buy at the ticket office window?

Will there still be tickets available tomorrow ? Away is the new home game don't you know ?
    We've got ours btw.

• Options
    £27 for a valley express ticket!!! What a rip off!
  • Options
    Credit where it's due the online booking system worked very well for me, (although I did set up a new account as I haven't renewed) 2 family tickets purchased online for a reasonable price, well done Bury, really looking forward to this now
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/

"There is an administration charge of £2.50 per transaction for purchases made over the phone or in person."

So the club expect me to pay £2.50 extra to buy a match ticket from a ticket desk 10 minutes' walk from my house, so they can faff around posting it to me instead (charging me an extra £1 anyway)?
  • Options

"There is an administration charge of £2.50 per transaction for purchases made over the phone or in person."

So the club expect me to pay £2.50 extra to buy a match ticket from a ticket desk 10 minutes' walk from my house, so they can faff around posting it to me instead?

Can you not buy online?
  • Options

So the club expect me to pay £2.50 extra to buy a match ticket from a ticket desk 10 minutes' walk from my house, so they can faff around posting it to me instead?

Can you not buy online?
    It's more convenient to buy in person if you live around the corner. It also avoided the surcharge from booking online.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Have to say and I know this has been done to death, but the ticketing website really is a pile of shite. Tried 3 different browsers and 2 payment cards and everytme it went to take the payment it just said "error occurred" and logged me out. I ended up with a text from Barclays saying they were going to block my card as they suspected fraudulent activity!

My aim was to buy Bury and 4 tickets for each of the home friendlies. Once you put one set of tickets in the basket, the continue shopping button fails - you just get an Apache Error saying the page doesn't exist! When you then try and get back to your basket it has been bloody emptied!!!

Of course the NHS have taken over for the afternoon so I can't phone them either!

Absolute shower of shite.
  • Options
    Just bought 2 tickets online no problems at all. Signed up a new account though as whenever I used my old one I always got error messages
  • Options

Have to say and I know this has been done to death, but the ticketing website really is a pile of shite. Tried 3 different browsers and 2 payment cards and everytme it went to take the payment it just said "error occurred" and logged me out. I ended up with a text from Barclays saying they were going to block my card as they suspected fraudulent activity!

My aim was to buy Bury and 4 tickets for each of the home friendlies. Once you put one set of tickets in the basket, the continue shopping button fails - you just get an Apache Error saying the page doesn't exist! When you then try and get back to your basket it has been bloody emptied!!!

Of course the NHS have taken over for the afternoon so I can't phone them either!

Absolute shower of shite.

I had no end of problems with that ticket site, so just phoned them! Paid the lumpy telephone call cost and the bonus £2.50.

I could hear in the back ground people pitching for season tickets. The lady on the phone said "season ticket sales had been disappointing, but they are not as bad as people are thinking". I asked "what are they?" and she said "sorry I don't know". I then asked "how do you know they are not as bad as people are thinking?" ...she was stumped! In the words of David Brent "Phase them"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just been on the Bury website to see if they charge extra for tickets on the day, I could not see anything.

They grade their games A,B and C and they have made us grade C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder what the C stands for... :smiley:
    lol lol lol lol lol
  • Options
    Charlton?
  • Options
    Cockneys
  • Options
    Bought ours Friday, dropped on the mat Saturday, train involves a tram apparently, has all the makings of a fun day, if we can even win.
  • Options

Bought ours Friday, dropped on the mat Saturday, train involves a tram apparently, has all the makings of a fun day, if we can even win.

Going on the tram we can pretend we're going in to Croydon, that will be nice.
  • Options
    If any spare tickets for trains pop then drop @Carter a note.

Prices seemed to have increased.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    WSS said:

If any spare tickets for trains pop then drop @Carter a note.

Prices seemed to have increased.

I think there is a site called ticket splitter.

From what I can gather it works like this.

Buy a return Euston to Crewe, then Crewe to Manchester return.

For further clarification can Clive, my fellow train travel co-ordinator, confirm this.
  • Options
    You can save quite a lot by booking advance singles to Crewe & back & then advance singles between Crewe & Manchester,but the cheapest trains can take a lot longer.
    I have messaged @Carter .