Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v. Iceland

Comments

• Options
    I'm pissing myself with that video! top bloke LMFAO!
  • Options
    I don't buy all this simplistic nonsense about 'they don't have passion blah blah' - I find that hard to believe. If you're a professional player at a major tournament then of course you care about progressing. To suggest otherwise is simply crap.

The England team is set up to fail with the way the Premier League has stunted its development over the years. People can slag off Joe Hart, but don't forget that this is a keeper who was developed by Shrewsbury Town!

A lot of my mates support Arsenal, Chelsea etc and are having a massive moan even though it is clubs like those who are the biggest culprits for the failure of the England team over the years.

The Premier League is a poison on ENGLISH football.
  • Options
    I am crying with laughter.
  • Options
    Well mostly laughter anyway.
  • Options
    Why has Rooney not retired from international football yet. I'm expecting some sort of announcement from someone who cares so much about the future of his country
  • Options
    It seems Hodson's plan B was the same as plan A and there was no change to the pattern of the game after bringing on the subs. Plan B in my opinion should have been Andy Carroll, if he had been picked for the squad, in the centre heading in those two late crosses.
  • Options
    Does he post on here at all?
  • Options

He's very well known on the Charlton and England scene and I've known him for years.

Hope this don't cause him any problems with his employer.

I would hope not. Just a fan expressing an opinion against how utter shit and garbage his nation have been. As a fan you pay your money you have every right to lead an expletive tirade against the players after a performance like that. I remember the Col Utd game in the cup last season, my outburst was something quite similar
  • Options

He's very well known on the Charlton and England scene and I've known him for years.

Was going to say that any regular away traveller will most definitely recognise him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a very funny train journey with him on the way to palace a few years back. Charlton through and through
  • Options

Do you think the guy got his permission to post it? I would hope so but you never know.

• Options
    Something I can't get my head around. Maybe Charlton were lucky in the past.

When Kins was our captain, he was able to take the game by the scruff of the neck. If the plan wasn't working, he would grab players bythe front of their shirts, tell them what was going wrong, and change things on the pitch.

Last night it was obvious early on that England were not going to be able to get through the highly disciplined Icelandic 2 banks of four.

So, if Rooney is such a good player, and Hodgson such a good coach, why not change to 4-4-2 on the pitch? Tell Sterling to Sep into midfield, and Sturridge to play as a striker alongside Kane?
  • Options
    Good player but not a good leader.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I think Rooney was doing that - but they all ran out of ideas and froze, and the biggest Freezer was Hodgson. He is a complete wally and should be ashamed of all the money he has taken for doing such a crap job!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

He used to. Funny guy!
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

It seems Hodson's plan B was the same as plan A and there was no change to the pattern of the game after bringing on the subs. Plan B in my opinion should have been Andy Carroll, if he had been picked for the squad, in the centre heading in those two late crosses.

His argument would be there was no width for Carroll.....not that he could have also brought Townsend along who was in red hot form or anything.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Do you think the guy got his permission to post it? I would hope so but you never know.

No they didn't - he saw the person fiddling with his phone but didn't know he was recording. Hence why he's a little nervous now.
  • Options
    Oh that's a real shame as its a real cracker of a vid which has brought some laughs at a grim time. I really hope it doesn't cause any personal upset.

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Jayajosh said:

His argument would be there was no width for Carroll.....not that he could have also brought Townsend along who was in red hot form or anything.
    Townsend, while can get to the byline, is more of an inverted winger though cutting back in to the middle onto his favoured left foot.

Indeed, few teams seem to have conventional wide midfielders, playing on the "correct side" and 442 these days, JBG plays the same way for Iceland as he does for Charlton on the "wrong side"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016

Curb_It said:

No they didn't - he saw the person fiddling with his phone but didn't know he was recording. Hence why he's a little nervous now.
    It has over a quarter of a million views.

I'm certain he can ask for it to be removed from those pages carrying it. Best to do it sooner rather than later if so before it gets any wider attention.

I don't think I've gone an away day without seeing him about - very funny bloke.
  • Options
    The guy in the video is a top bloke, does the hard yard away games and is a funny fucker. I won't say his name as it's not really the done thing. He shouldn't get in trouble with his employer if that is a concern it's not like he's digging them out he's rightly saying what most of us think.

The England support base away from home has for years been made up of Oldham, Stockport, Charlton, Chesterfield, Plymouth fans and the like. One of those reasons being we watch enough shite and put ourselves through it year after year. The usual suspects get European adventures every season and success to varying degrees. We don't. I'm and England fan and I've been waging war in the pub against the armchair dickhead fans of the top 4/5 whatever who support northern teams but have never been out of Kent.

That performance was not acceptable. We weren't grinding out a nil nil with a attritional Italian side or holding on for our lives looking to break against a team full of quality like Germany or Belgium. Those arseholes on the pitch are to blame, lay some blame at Hodgsons door but he can't make someone like Wayne Rooney control the ball and then not give it away. The lack of leadership was and has been for ages frightening, these wankers needed to put in a smasher of a tackle, get their head up and beat a man and look to make something happen, get in the oppositions faces. None of this happened and you can't blame the manager for that.

Someone else said it but ill repeat it, we have the choice of a few premier league winners. One of them gets a few token sub appearances when he's been head and shoulders the most dangerous centre forward for 13/14 months in English football.

For me the blame still lays inherently with the FA and the premier league for selling a product as opposed to taking a smidgen if national pride and interest in the state of the national game. English players and coaches aren't blameless either, so so many decent capable youngsters have no interest in taking themselves abroad away from the safe and easier life at home to try and get top tier games. They just knock it on the head.

I'm really angry still today at that abomination turned in last night and I hope for their sakes the players responsible are feeling a bit fearful of their safety in public places for a while
  • Options
    And the sun front page is abhorrent. Quicker that horrible nasty paper goes off sale the better for everyone
  • Options

Fiiiiiish said:

Jayajosh said:

Townsend, while can get to the byline, is more of an inverted winger though cutting back in to the middle onto his favoured left foot.

Indeed, few teams seem to have conventional wide midfielders, playing on the "correct side" and 442 these days, JBG plays the same way for Iceland as he does for Charlton on the "wrong side"
    Very true, but i remember he was looking quite tricky on the other side aswell.

Would be better to swap wingers over than to have 1 winger and an out of position number 9.
  • Options
    I seriously hope nothing comes from it rather than him being slightly embarrassed.

The guy who filmed and uploaded should be disappointed with themselves.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Yes, but unless he says owt I'd rather him not be named, cheers
  • Options
    The inquest will be a laugh a minute on the worst England Performance since USA 1950. TBF to that England side, they were on £20 a week.

Not reading through all posts - and i'm sure this has been mentioned but -

Did anyone notice Iceland have a player called Johann Berg Gudmundsson?
    He looks EXACTLY like the one that plays for Charlton, except he puts a shift in.

The massive difference is EVERYONE puts in a shift for Iceland.
    Johann didn't want to be the odd one out.

His corners For Iceland are better than the ones he takes for CAFC.
  • Options
    I was really impressed with the their CB Ragnar Sigurðsson, I imagine a few clubs are looking at him - he currently plays for FC Krasnodar in Russia
  • Options
    Oh shit I hope the Charlton fan gets no grief off this.

Shouldn't do, no rant against anything other than a shit Charlton season made worse by a bunch of over valued multiple swear word limousine types performing even worse than his club.

As I said I cried laughing, hit the nail full in the head from distance with a sledgehammer.