Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IF you could change one rule/law in football what would it be?

Just curious to see whether people feel there is much that could be better or if there are antiquated laws that are out of sync with the modern game.

For me - I'd like to ban substitutions in the last 5 minutes of the game and certainly in injury time. Nothing more annoying than the flow constantly being broken up by needless timewasting substitutions. (I know they are suppose to add on time but this never seems to happen to the right level).

Comments

• edited June 2016
    keepers not allowed out of their penalty areas
  • I would stop all substitutions after the 90th minute.
  • That no matter where you sit there is a loud mouthed ignorant twat sitting behind you.
  • Time wasting.

You get X number of seconds to take the following else it reverts i.e.

- Goal Kick becomes a Corner or Corner becomes a Goal Kick
    - Throw-In if not taken quick enough is given to the opposition.
    - Free-Kick becomes a Goal Kick

This would be great
  • Sorry just seen Swisdoms post .
  • Goal Kicks to be taken from the same side as the ball went off the pitch.
  • Id enforce a rule where each stadium from the prem down to non league has to have a fans sofa in each stand .
  • Sponsored links:

• I think as well Substitutions from the 85th minute should be banned as well

The old argument would be: What if a player gets injured, if its a bad tackle then why should we be penalised.
  • keepers not allowed out of their penalty areas

as a scurrying manuel neuer copyist, this is the most hateful idea this thread could have. i diskard it
  • edited June 2016
    i would give the defending team's captain the option of an open-goal penalty and a yellow card for last-man fouls

EDIT: they've already commuted it to a yellow + a penalty haven't they? that doesn't quite seem right either idk. this could work for fouls outside the box too
  • Maybe another one.

If a team get a penalty and the usual penalty taker is the one taken out and requires treatment then the team taking the penalty should either be given the option of waiting until the usual taker is ready OR the team can decide if they want someone else to take it
  • When did the kick off rules change? I always thought the ball had to go forward at KO? Or is it just this tournament?
  • Players overreacting to contact from an opponent to receive an automatic yellow card
  • -

When did the kick off rules change? I always thought the ball had to go forward at KO? Or is it just this tournament?

Only just started.
  • When did the kick off rules change? I always thought the ball had to go forward at KO? Or is it just this tournament?

Rules changed from the 1st June and so far as I'm aware we'll maybe see it at Charlton

Wonder if we'll see someone attempting to score from kick off
  • Hard choice between......

1) Change the offside rule back to the way it was.

2) Get rid of those stupid beachballs and go back to proper footballs.

Probably 1. Yes I know I sound like on old bah humbug git.
  • Sponsored links:

• If a player has a bad game, they should be forced to play the next game without shin pads.

Can not wait for The Dutch to enter .Back too the goalkeeper from kick off direct.

Rules changed from the 1st June and so far as I'm aware we'll maybe see it at Charlton

why would allowing kickoffs to go backwards make it more likely someone would try to score?
  • 1) The rule that a player treated for injury has to go off after treatment. It's crazy that a team (where no foul has taken place) may lose a key player for a corner or dangerous free kick

2) Looking to the future, and I've no idea how it'll work, but at some point a Hawkeye appeal system will come in. Maybe each team will have one appeal her game, where when the play has been stopped, they can appeal the decision
    e.g. if a penalty has been given, or a player has been sent off, the penalised team can go to a TV official

It would be difficult to do this the other way round, i.e. if a penalty ISN'T awarded, as you'd then have to artificially stop the play
  • rina said:

When did the kick off rules change? I always thought the ball had to go forward at KO? Or is it just this tournament?

why would allowing kickoffs to go backwards make it more likely someone would try to score?</blockquo

Element of surprise .
  • Players 'shielding' the ball out of play. Get sick players just stepping in front of the oppo player and making no attempt to play the ball.

Also, referees should be allowed to wear fancy dress to improve relations betwenn themselves and the players.
  • Also on time wasting. Running the ball into the corner should be banned.

Currently the ref or assistant give the throw/goal kick to the defending team anyway, while some twinkle toed forward gets booted from all angles.

It would stop negative play, and stop potentially dangerous play.

Hold onto the ball by all means, but not by running into the corner flag and backing into any defender that tries to get it.
  • edited June 2016
    Bring the back pass rule back in to play so the keeper can pick it up. Just to give the likes of Slovakia and Iceland another safety net incase parking the bus doesn't work.
  • It's probably a really stupid idea but I'd like to see a rule where you have to keep a player in the opposition half at all times. Although this would probably have implications for the offside rule.

Maybe, if you get a player sent off you can't make a substitution within say 10 mins to cover the position from which the player was sent off. Like a double punishment. If it's a GK then it's tough luck.