Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IF you could change one rule/law in football what would it be?

13»

Comments

• Options

That no matter where you sit there is a loud mouthed ignorant twat sitting behind you.

I can only be in one place at a time
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Time wasting.

You get X number of seconds to take the following else it reverts i.e.

- Goal Kick becomes a Corner or Corner becomes a Goal Kick
    - Throw-In if not taken quick enough is given to the opposition.
    - Free-Kick becomes a Goal Kick

I love that first idea - I think it would be a massive improvement. However...

...what if two teams needed a point each to avoid relegation. At half-time, it's 0-0. In the first minute of the second half, one side concedes a corner. The opposition fail to take it. So it becomes a goal kick. And the defending team fails to take it. So it becomes a corner...

We could end up with 45 minutes of watching an increasingly knackered ball boy running the ball between the corner flag and the six-yard box!

(On second thoughts, even that would be more entertaining than some matches...)
    Then a yellow card gets issued to the Goalkeeper and the corner taker(s).

Although would be hilarious to see the kid running back and forth
  • Options
    Rugby League has a good one .. 'on report' a half way between a red and a yellow .. the ref knows that player x has committed some skulduggery but is not sure of the severity of the act .. after the game a panel reviews the incident and makes a decision .. innocent, suspension, yellow, red whatever .. bit like a system outlined above but more streamlined .. (I am against red cards except for the most heinous offences, they ruin the game .. in most cases, retrospective action and suspension is better)
  • Options

I would have no substitutions in the last 10 minutes unless there's an injury approved by ref.

What happens if there's an injury the ref doesn't approve of?
    That's what assistant refs are for, what I mean if the consensus is player must come off then a substitution can be made if any are left.
    all very well until the ref refuses to let a player be substituted and said player is discovered to have a broken leg, neck, heart (or worse) and said £20 million player's career is ruined .. ref is sued for millions etc. etc.
  • Options
    If a player is fouled whilst kicking the ball, they have the choice of taking the free kick where the ball landed / stopped.
  • Options

If a player is fouled whilst kicking the ball, they have the choice of taking the free kick where the ball landed / stopped.

like in Rugby U
  • Options
    Third placed Euro qualifiers for the last 16 to be decided on which teams have the most corners from their 3 qualifying matches.
  • Options
    Any not trying to play the ball in tackles etc, just going for the player.. straight red. If you're just taking a player out its assault.
  • Options
    A team are 1-0 up with 3 minutes left, defender "takes one for the team" just inside his own half and gets sent off. What benefit is the red card to the team that have been wronged? The player suspended for the next game now helps other teams too so the only ones not to benefit are the team chasing the 1-0.

Solution, any red card offence after 70 (or 80) minutes either the captain or manager of the team who have been fouled is given the option of having the player sent off OR being given a penalty instead.

If you're losing the game and time is running out sometimes it's better to have a penalty v 11 than a free kick v 10.
  • Options
    If we ever had a referendum on the rules of football, I'd be even more scared than I am for our EU membership today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would have a minimum of 5 UK players in starting line up to try and improve national team.

I can guess how you might vote today then :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Let's bring football back to it's roots and re-instate the 'any player can pick the ball up for a bit' rule.

Or at least, 'any player in the 6 yard box can use their hands'
  • Options
    I like three egg chaser rules that could be adapted for football:

Mouth off at the ref, free kick moves forward 10 yards, in football if it moves into the area, it becomes a penalty

10 minute sin bin for worse than a normal yellow but not quite a red

Stopping the clock by third official for time wasting, subs, maybe even ball out of play.
  • Options
    i would like to see a clock that the crowd and players can see which the fourth official can stop when necessary (injuries, substitutions, time wasting etc.). This wouldn't cost much to install and would make everything open and clear as well as stopping cheats.
  • Options

Let's bring football back to it's roots and re-instate the 'any player can pick the ball up for a bit' rule.

Or at least, 'any player in the 6 yard box can use their hands'

Sounding a bit like a GAA fan there...
  • Options
    The offside law should be amended, so that every "goal" against Charlton would be deemed offside.
  • Options

The offside law should be amended, so that every "goal" against Charlton would be deemed offside.

46 0-0's next season if that happened.
  • Options
    Three downs instead of four.
  • Options
    Give pens on holding at corners - drives me crazy.
  • Options

I like three egg chaser rules that could be adapted for football:

Mouth off at the ref, free kick moves forward 10 yards, in football if it moves into the area, it becomes a penalty

10 minute sin bin for worse than a normal yellow but not quite a red

Stopping the clock by third official for time wasting, subs, maybe even ball out of play.

My choice would be the sin bin.

Red cards (expulsion from the match) should be for violent conduct only.

Orange cards (10 min sin bin) for two yellows and then for any subsequent yellows for that player in the match; also for the "professional foul" i.e. the denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity, regardless of whether that act results in a penalty.

Yellow cards dished out for fouls and dissent as normal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Teams should be awarded an extra point if they score 3 goals or more in a game
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Should be a handicap system. For instance, if you're playing a stronger team, their two best statical players (who have been selected to play) are only allowed to touch the ball with their weaker foot.

Also, their best centre forward and their keeper should be made to wear a diving belt to restrict jumping and any player that wears an Alice band should be made to remove it so his girlie long hair keeps getting in his face.