Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum

As the fans forum was due to meet on the 18th July does anyone know what happened at it?

Comments

• edited July 2016
    The minutes were passed to members last week ( Weds I think) for approval and it was hoped that "the club" would then agree to them being posted up.....
  • edited July 2016
    Cajones probably hasn't had time to proof read the minutes yet, too busy analysing all the responses from non renewing ST holders. I mean what part of 'you must be fkin joking' does he not understand :smirk: .
  • As the fans forum was due to meet on the 18th July does anyone know what happened at it?

I think the fans forum has been sold to given to Burnley, we're also paying train fares up to Burnlry once a month to ensure they get to all meetings on time.
  • RedChaser said:

Cajones probably hasn't had time to proof read the minutes yet, too busy analysing all the responses from non renewing ST holders. I mean what part of 'you must be fkin joking' does he not understand :smirk: .

Should I be feeling offended that I haven't been 'phoned to ask why I'm not renewing? Is it possible they have me on a list of "CARD-related supporters who we know won't renew so there's no point in 'phoning them"?
  • edited July 2016

RedChaser said:

Should I be feeling offended that I haven't been 'phoned to ask why I'm not renewing? Is it possible they have me on a list of "CARD-related supporters who we know won't renew so there's no point in 'phoning them"?
    No don't take it personally, I'd be surprised if they have a list. Scattergun approach would be my best guess, firing blanks :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

He has to take them home for his mum to read them to him
  • Nicholas said:
    Heavily edited is my guess
  • Sponsored links:

• I see Henry has eventually got under Bromley Addicks Chairman's skin....

"IW: You can get rumours on lots of forums, but not a fact until it's on the official site".
  • Training ground set to be completed at the end of 2018... Blimey it's as if any work has been started!
  • edited July 2016
    'When are season tickets being sent out?
    KC: Started this week.

How many sold?
    KM: 5,400 sold so far compared to 8-9,000 this time last year.'

and no-one pointed out to them why sales were so bad?

'TF: The new admin fee on ticket sale doesn't make sense. A lot think it is £2.50 + £3. The website
    needs to make it clearer.
    KM: This is part of strategy to get people online and therefore can be communicated with by email,
    extending the database. At the moment Charlton’s database is around 40,000 while a club like
    Birmingham City has hundreds of thousands of people on their database. In order for us to grow as a
    club we need to increase the size and effectiveness of our database. All purchases at ticket office will
    incur the admin fee.
    JP: It is driving people away.'

oh, yeah, that's the only reason why fans are staying away, silly me.

Jeez, if it wasn't for Christine Lawrie it would have been a really short meeting. Reads like a meeting of the Katrien Meire Appreciation Society.
  • I'm sorry but if the club has 40,000 people on its database (which may or may not be a small number in comparison to other clubs) then that makes the 5,400 season tickets sold even more ridiculously pathetic!

Anyone who has sold a product to 13% of their 'customer base' would have been long gone and laughed at!
  • Nicholas said:
    Clearly not.

Most interesting are the "post meeting notes" At first the SMT are managing the Comms team but then they are recruiting a Comm manager

Also the update on the training ground is of great interest, to me at least.

And the FF members asked the questions about the squad, the injuries, the ticketing situation, the ST sales, etc etc that people have been asking on here.

Not their fault if KM doesn't give full or honest answers.

There is a rumour that the new Comm Manager is Harpo Marx
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

I'm sorry but if the club has 40,000 people on its database (which may or may not be a small number in comparison to other clubs) then that makes the 5,400 season tickets sold even more ridiculously pathetic!

Anyone who has sold a product to 13% of their 'customer base' would have been long gone and laughed at!

Not really depends on the nature of the database and 13% could be a very healthy response. If it was a database of current and past ST purchasers then you could argue that the response is poor. However, it could be random occasional purchasers. I'll assume I am on there but so is my Mother In Law and Brothers in Law none of whom have ever purchased match tickets, let alone season tickets (Freeloading bastards).

I expected with the relegation, toxic atmosphere and CARD campaign for there to be a more dramatic reduction in ST sales and I am sure they did to.

• The regime chooses the players and Russell says yea or nay.

'So Russell we have found some goalkeepers, you can choose one. Zebedee from the Magic Roundabout, Sylvester Stallone from Escape to Victory, Bob Bolder as he is now, or Jimmy Crankie.'
  • seth plum said:

The regime chooses the players and Russell says yea or nay.

'So Russell we have found some goalkeepers, you can choose one. Zebedee from the Magic Roundabout, Sylvester Stallone from Escape to Victory, Bob Bolder as he is now, or Jimmy Crankie.'

No we would get the one who has his leg broken so Stallone can play!
  • The meeting notes give the impression everything is going swimmingly well and giving Russell Slade all the support he needs.
    Obviously rumours and SLP reports give a different story. Nothing changes and will change until RD and KM leave.
    Wished KM had been pushed more about budgets and if anything, why she hasn't left yet!
  • Kap10 said:

sammy391 said:

I'm sorry but if the club has 40,000 people on its database (which may or may not be a small number in comparison to other clubs) then that makes the 5,400 season tickets sold even more ridiculously pathetic!

Not really depends on the nature of the database and 13% could be a very healthy response. If it was a database of current and past ST purchasers then you could argue that the response is poor. However, it could be random occasional purchasers. I'll assume I am on there but so is my Mother In Law and Brothers in Law none of whom have ever purchased match tickets, let alone season tickets (Freeloading bastards).

I expected with the relegation, toxic atmosphere and CARD campaign for there to be a more dramatic reduction in ST sales and I am sure they did to.

I'm talking in general basic terms however!
    Why's the point of having a data base of a hundred thousand , if only 5k are gonna but season tickets!
    It's back to Roland's stat obsession - to be able to say we have a customer base of a 100k is impressive , they can hide behind it!
  • Nicholas said:
    Heavily edited is my guess
    No way mate that's how @Nicholas always tells it :wink: .
  • CL: What about the match day announcer?
    KM: There are a couple of options we’re investigating.

I've heard they've asked for a quotation for an automated system but then declined to proceed when they realised the absolute battering that the button for "and the 3rd goal for our opponents today was scored by {insert goal scorers name here}" would get...