Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Inspector - it's not particularly my bag either, especially if it's held at the club, but I will make a point of supporting it if the supporters are forced to take it somewhere away from the club.
  • Options

The Club should consult with other clubs whose management it might respect, to find out how to successfully organise dialogue so that fans concerns about both the long term strategic discussion and more short term but still important things like away travel.

KM could take this opportunity to network with her peers. She could call Daniel Levy, Bruce Buck or Steve Parish. Or the CEO of Fulham, whose name escapes me.

She will get the same answer from all of them. If you have a properly constituted, well supported Supporters Trust, meet with them regularly to discuss the strategic heavy duty issues. Separately have a Fans Forum to discuss the everyday issues which matter to fans as 'customers".

If all these more successful clubs do it this way, why would Charlton want to do it a different way? If it wants a successful outcome of course...

To be fair, you've named 4 clubs all more successful than Charlton but hardly representative of the 50 odd clubs in between. I understand the point you are trying to make, but the trust walked away from a meeting with KM and have one coming up, she can say she has tried to engage.
  • Options
    Meanwhile, the wait for SWMBO's decision on POTY goes on........
  • Options

If the club can have a Target 20k group I think Charlton Life should form the 'Charlton fans build a moon rocket group'. A much more realistic prospect. I'll supply the matches!

I always wanted to be an astronaut!!!!

BDL said:

All the things going wrong in the club and she wants to take over the one successful thing left.

She really is as thick as shit.

It's a vendetta because Fanny and Ian Wallis would not allow her to stop me speaking on the Valley Party anniversary two years ago, no matter how hard she stamped her feet on the night.
    Can confirm that KM threw a wobbly that night.
    Oh, we knew. And we were all laughing at her. Total nonsense as the speech was nothing to do with her and generous towards Murray. And always would have been. She has no idea.
    What's the full story here? I'm confuzzled.
    This has got wings if you excuse the pun - already we have an ignition system and a pilot.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

The Club should consult with other clubs whose management it might respect, to find out how to successfully organise dialogue so that fans concerns about both the long term strategic discussion and more short term but still important things like away travel.

KM could take this opportunity to network with her peers. She could call Daniel Levy, Bruce Buck or Steve Parish. Or the CEO of Fulham, whose name escapes me.

She will get the same answer from all of them. If you have a properly constituted, well supported Supporters Trust, meet with them regularly to discuss the strategic heavy duty issues. Separately have a Fans Forum to discuss the everyday issues which matter to fans as 'customers".

If all these more successful clubs do it this way, why would Charlton want to do it a different way? If it wants a successful outcome of course...

To be fair, you've named 4 clubs all more successful than Charlton but hardly representative of the 50 odd clubs in between. I understand the point you are trying to make, but the trust walked away from a meeting with KM and have one coming up, she can say she has tried to engage.
    I take your point. I chose those clubs because they are London clubs whose reps I have got to know thanks to the OS campaign. I dont pretend all clubs and trusts are set up the same way, but neither is it fair to presume many are not. Apparently the Club are claiming that their new model is based on that at Stoke. We have the contacts who can guide us on the veracity of that claim.

That Trust meet. We did what our members told us to do. We were divided as a Board and asked the members for guidance. If Duchatelet had been in the meeting I am sure it would have been a different approach. We had repeatedly sought dialogue in the earlier stages of the regime and got refusal on various grounds.

The meeting coming up is fraudulent, because the Club told the Trust that we must make it open to all members rather than the normal process ( for any organisation) of 2-4 Board members acting on a mandate, putting forward the most pressing questions and pushing back when the first answer isnt adequate. I'll leave you to decide why the Club insisted on that.
  • Options
    The whole structure of the forum is a farce. Craig Parfett represents 5 VIPS. That is a group that no longer exists since KM announced the club has no cash flow problems so don't need the income.

Syd Cheeswright represents a body which numbers have never been published and he gave up at the end of last season and no replacement has been found
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

The whole structure of the forum is a farce. Craig Parfett represents 5 VIPS. That is a group that no longer exists since KM announced the club has no cash flow problems so don't need the income.

Syd Cheeswright represents a body which numbers have never been published and he gave up at the end of last season and no replacement has been found

The train travel club dwindled to single figures for many aways.
  • Options

I take your point. I chose those clubs because they are London clubs whose reps I have got to know thanks to the OS campaign. I dont pretend all clubs and trusts are set up the same way, but neither is it fair to presume many are not. Apparently the Club are claiming that their new model is based on that at Stoke. We have the contacts who can guide us on the veracity of that claim.

That Trust meet. We did what our members told us to do. We were divided as a Board and asked the members for guidance. If Duchatelet had been in the meeting I am sure it would have been a different approach. We had repeatedly sought dialogue in the earlier stages of the regime and got refusal on various grounds.

The meeting coming up is fraudulent, because the Club told the Trust that we must make it open to all members rather than the normal process ( for any organisation) of 2-4 Board members acting on a mandate, putting forward the most pressing questions and pushing back when the first answer isnt adequate. I'll leave you to decide why the Club insisted on that.
    Personally, I don't disagree with you, but I think the optics of the situation invalidates the point (just that point). I think the trust's refusal to talk, mandated or not, split board or not, leaves it to look like they missed their chance to get the focussed meeting they now bemoan not having.

Anyway, to coin an awful phrase, we are where we are and I'm sure you will all do your best to get as much out of the meeting, for the supporters as possible - and for that you'll have my enduring respect.
  • Options
    lets be honest here, all of these meetings and "We are consulting with fans" nonsense all end up with precisely no outcome as Meire doesn't know how execute the simplest of procedure.

You just have to go back to the Bromley Addicks meeting where she stated that the 3 proudest achievements that she thought up and delivered were cheap season tickets, the target 20K and the family fun day in the car park! None of these were her ideas and when challenged she said that she done them anyway so there..!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe the regulations say that the most significant fans group ought to meet with the majority shareholder at least once a year.
    What is the point with meeting Meire? As well as being spectacularly useless she has no authority anyway. This is the person who went on talksport reiterating that Slade was a long term appointment and within a fortnight he was sacked.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I believe the regulations say that the most significant fans group ought to meet with the majority shareholder at least once a year.
    What is the point with meeting Meire? As well as being spectacularly useless she has no authority anyway. This is the person who went on talksport reiterating that Slade was a long term appointment and within a fortnight he was sacked.

Squirrel face has zero credibility.

She is an ignorant incompetent individual.

Baroni has class and principals and left immediately after she was undermined. Meire has gone through three years of being undermined(no sympathy there).

Long walk on a short pier squirrel face.
  • Options
    At the moment Meire has Robinson acting as her human shield/spokesman so she's sitting fairly comfortably. When (not if) he goes then she will again be exposed and the lies will resume.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    seth plum said:

I believe the regulations say that the most significant fans group ought to meet with the majority shareholder at least once a year..

That's next week meeting sorted.
  • Options
    Just a note that I've been asking the club about any resumption of the FF, not heard anything concrete back so far
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CL: Will RS have full control? KM: Yes, as was said in the press conference Russell decides which players that were identified by our scouts he wants to pursue those he won’t. So far every signing has his final seal of approval and it’s all going well. Erm our scouts? Surely his scouts? Reading between the lines, similar scouting set up in place. Russell sees what the club recommend and can only decide between those options shown to him.
    Has shown by Steve Gallen at Bromley Addicks last night KM lying through her teeth all those years ago