Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    And the comment that the booking fee has been in place for ten years. So what? It was 50p / £1 to cover postage. £2.50 is there to encourage people to buy online, where incidentally the postage charge is still £1. It obviously shouldn't apply when you can't buy online - just as they were forced to drop it over the counter. Highly doubt the online system will cope with the multiple complications of restricted sale, whatever they say.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

"SCL asked about the status of Ahmed Kashi. KM confirmed he is still rehabilitating in Qatar and will return to London once he is able to start training on grass. KM said he may be back in time for April but we must remain realistic and be patient."

Presumably he is good training on sand then? All we need is an away game in the cup at Stamford Bridge and we might finally be able to use him again.

We'll never see him again, will be released as soon as he's fit.
    The club don't even know where he is, is what I've heard.
  • Options
    The £2.50 booking fee is a joke. It punishes fans who like to purchase their tickets for away matches early.

Fleetwood, Oxford, Gillingham, Millwall, Southend, Wimbledon and Northampton were all subject to paying a booking fee if you bought early. 7 matches have started on restricted sale this season and therefore not accessible online.

• Options
    RedChaser said:

All this talking, what more needs to be said other than, sell the frigging club, go forth and multiply.

Edit: Not you of course T.C.E the Douchbag and his lackeys :wink: .

All these bloody meetings suggest to me that these clowns are not going too soon.
  • Options
    BDL said:

All the things going wrong in the club and she wants to take over the one successful thing left.

She really is as thick as shit.

It's a vendetta because Fanny and Ian Wallis would not allow her to stop me speaking on the Valley Party anniversary two years ago, no matter how hard she stamped her feet on the night.
    Can confirm that KM threw a wobbly that night.
    Oh, we knew. And we were all laughing at her. Total nonsense as the speech was nothing to do with her and generous towards Murray. And always would have been. She has no idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talk about being out of touch with reality, this so-called 'fans forum' reminds me of the final days of Hitler in the bunker; moving imaginary divisions of non-existent soldiers on the table, ranting and raving about treachery (and how 2% of 'customers' are ruining his chances of winning the war!). If it wasn't so tragic it would be amusing.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Christine Lawrie, whom ever she is; well done for asking the right questions in those FF minutes.

She was equally tenacious in the videos of earlier FF meetings.

Is it just me, or does the style of the regime proposal for the POTY event suggest a degree of condescension (by the time the season's over, the opportunity to sit at the same table as the Manager may be the equivalent of the naughty step)? Mind you, I would not view anything they present favourably, other than a statement that they've sold up to a proper owner.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I don't know who is exempt from paying for a POTY ticket.
    May I suggest every single attendee (including players) pay for a ticket, and any profit at the end of the evening goes to charity. It could be argued that that would be a better 'improvement' than the ones thus far suggested.
    Perhaps 'The 2%' could be persuaded to do a set.
  • Options
    I don't
    Rob7Lee said:

"SCL asked about the status of Ahmed Kashi. KM confirmed he is still rehabilitating in Qatar and will return to London once he is able to start training on grass. KM said he may be back in time for April but we must remain realistic and be patient."

Presumably he is good training on sand then? All we need is an away game in the cup at Stamford Bridge and we might finally be able to use him again.

We'll never see him again, will be released as soon as he's fit.
    Surely he's breached his contract by not having his rehab overseen by the club, unless he's essentially been given permission to do whatever he likes wherever he fancies ?
  • Options

If the club can have a Target 20k group I think Charlton Life should form the 'Charlton fans build a moon rocket group'. A much more realistic prospect. I'll supply the matches!

I always wanted to be an astronaut!!!!

BDL said:

All the things going wrong in the club and she wants to take over the one successful thing left.

She really is as thick as shit.

It's a vendetta because Fanny and Ian Wallis would not allow her to stop me speaking on the Valley Party anniversary two years ago, no matter how hard she stamped her feet on the night.
    Can confirm that KM threw a wobbly that night.
    Oh, we knew. And we were all laughing at her. Total nonsense as the speech was nothing to do with her and generous towards Murray. And always would have been. She has no idea.
    What's the full story here? I'm confuzzled.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

All this talking, what more needs to be said other than, sell the frigging club, go forth and multiply.

All these bloody meetings suggest to me that these clowns are not going too soon.
    Maybe Elfs but I sincerely hope you're wrong. The coming weeks should be interesting for sure :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Maybe Elfs but I sincerely hope you're wrong. The coming weeks should be interesting for sure :wink: .
    Not sure about the coming weeks but the previous 160 have not been dull either!

The next ten weeks will be dull on the playing side as we plod along to mid table nothingness.
  • Options
    As Ian Wallis stated, the POTY dinner is run by the fans and not the club, so why oh why does the club want to make something that is not theirs 'More inclusive' especially when everyone is welcome to attend anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see that the make up of the FF was split down the middle, nine attended and nine didn't. Some of the nine who didn't attend have also not attended the last couple of meetings too. Why put yourself forward if you are not going to attend?
  • Options

I see that the make up of the FF was split down the middle, nine attended and nine didn't. Some of the nine who didn't attend have also not attended the last couple of meetings too. Why put yourself forward if you are not going to attend?

I think that's probably a bit unfair, Large. Some of the reps to my knowledge will not attend because they have concluded from repeated experience that the forum is a waste of time. Vernon Roper is definitely in that camp.

Sharron Sherress - listed as a fan - works for Valley Gold. Knowing Sharron, I'm sure there was a good reason she was not there, but she hasn't put herself forward.
    an 'apology for absence' means you have apologised for your non attendance and so suggests you wanted to go but couldn't make it. If you have no intention of attending because you think it's a busted flush then why not just resign from it?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I think that's probably a bit unfair, Large. Some of the reps to my knowledge will not attend because they have concluded from repeated experience that the forum is a waste of time. Vernon Roper is definitely in that camp.

Sharron Sherress - listed as a fan - works for Valley Gold. Knowing Sharron, I'm sure there was a good reason she was not there, but she hasn't put herself forward.
    an 'apology for absence' means you have apologised for your non attendance and so suggests you wanted to go but couldn't make it. If you have no intention of attending because you think it's a busted flush then why not just resign from it?
    They listed Fanny for several meetings after she had made very clear she had resigned. I wouldn't take the minutes too seriously.

Additionally, it's the group that's a member. It's not necessarily for an individual to resign the group's membership, but it's unlikely a replacement will come forward because of the travelling involved, in several cases.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say that I'm keeping my powder dry at this moment in time but am happy to spill the beans if & when a definite decision has been reached .

Should be any day now.....
  • Options
    A good take on the planned restructuring of the hapless Fans Forum....

http://blackheathaddicted.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/fiddling-while-rome-burns.html
  • Options
    iainment said:

Player of the Year dinner. Personally of no interest to me. But the principle is important, if it's a well established, well supported event that covers it's costs the club should leave it alone. If the POTY organisers ask for help then fair enough. But if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    If the club want a more kid/family friendly event there's nothing to stop them organising a Junior Reds POTY party. Indeed I think that would be a great addition to the clubs events.
    All the kids I know who went to the Jr Reds Xmas party loved that so I'm sure it would be a success.

This this this. POTY ain't my bag, but I know it's an important thing for many, many supporters and it's typically bone-headed of Meire to muscle in and micromanage something relatively small and effective while the rest of the operation collapses around her ears.

Dragging the women's team and the community trust into it as well just makes it look like an attempt to burnish the reputation of one individual who has little to do with those enterprises. (Imagine if the women's team had a stellar season but the men's team had a stinker - they're not going to want to be part of POTY then, are they?) Expect there'd be an award for CEO Of The Year too.