Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Wolves connection..Cliff Durandt…..transferred from Charlton with money from his Mother.
  • Don’t forget Eggert Jonsson for the Wolves link
  • Wolves connection..Cliff Durandt…..transferred from Charlton with money from his Mother.
    Not to mention Mike Kenning who went from us to Norwich then Wolves and back again for a second spell 😉.
  • edited February 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Slightly controversial view here but when I’ve watched the U23s I think Ness looks better than Elewere- I also think that Barker needs to be back with the 1st team when they let Gunter and probably Matthews go. 
    How old is ness? Elsewhere is still very young and has more time to develop.
    Ness is 22, Deji is 18... I think Lucas has matured this season though. 
    I think Ness is 20 Dazz
    edit: birthday 7 Feb 2002

• Never to be forgotten, and certainly not to be forgiven - the "connection" between K.Muscat and Matty Holmes. And, unbelievably, now almost four years since we borrowed Michal Zyro.

• Shaun Newton
  • A couple of loanee goalies - Mike Kearns and Carl Ikeme 
  • Ben18 said:
    Don’t forget Eggert Jonsson for the Wolves link

Do we have to remember him  :#
  • Surprised no one has mentioned Mike Bailey. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    Is Ahmed Kobe the under 18 keeper who got the jersey after Beadle left for Brighton ?

I watched a youth game about a year ago at Whyteleafe between Dulwich Hamlet and Kinetic Academy and Dulwich played poorly that day but I was impressed with Hamlet keeper, Henry Molyneux.  I did know there were some scouts around that day, (there always is) I heard he signed for Cafc later.
    He was only 16 then.

Has anyone seen him play as I was wondering how he's progressing. We do seem to have quite a few keepers around the 16 to 19 year age groups.
    On the U23 bench today was Henry Molyneux.

No doubt his family support Wolves. :smile:

Cheers Oggy.
    Now who was the last person at Charlton who had a Wolves Connection ?

Richard Murray ! What ever happened to him.

You lot are like a pack of Wolves !
    Last person was Richard Murray* but great to see a lot of names come back into view.

*So you all think he had no connection with Wolves after he got involved with Cafc.
    Didn't slip to the odd game in London when Cafc weren't playing ?

• Crusty54 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Is Ahmed Kobe the under 18 keeper who got the jersey after Beadle left for Brighton ?

I watched a youth game about a year ago at Whyteleafe between Dulwich Hamlet and Kinetic Academy and Dulwich played poorly that day but I was impressed with Hamlet keeper, Henry Molyneux.  I did know there were some scouts around that day, (there always is) I heard he signed for Cafc later.
    He was only 16 then.

Has anyone seen him play as I was wondering how he's progressing. We do seem to have quite a few keepers around the 16 to 19 year age groups.

I saw Molyneux warming up at half time. He looks quite impressive. Ironic that Nathan Harness has gone to Dulwich Hamlet on loan.

Quid pro quo.
  • edited February 2022
    Nothing like taking a thread 90 degrees off course with Wolves links.
  • Richard J said:
    Surprised no one has mentioned Mike Bailey. 
    I did!

Oggy Red said:

He was only 16 then.

Cheers Oggy.
    Now who was the last person at Charlton who had a Wolves Connection ?

Richard Murray ! What ever happened to him.

Mike Bailey didn't do badly as both player and manager

• Crusty54 said:
    Nothing like taking a thread 90 degrees off course with Wolves links.

I was the innocent party in this, when I asked about Henry Molyneux. I would never grass up Oggy 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Good save lad! 
  • Do the unders play with a back 3 as well, or a different shape?
  • Sponsored links:

• If anybody is in touch with our commentator it would be good to ask him to describe how we are lining up and who is where, hard to tell from the limited camera angle.
  • Is Elerewe on loan somewhere?
  • 1-0 down after faffing around at the back
  • Kamikaze goalkeeping from Harvey almost a second.
  • 1-1great work from Clayden and Ghandour
  • 2-1 Charlton.Powell with a good turn and shot. Some very good crosses from Santos and Clayden first half
  • Whoever is on the camera, needs to stop drinking #SteadyHandsNeeded
  • Lovely third goal for us.
  • Very tidy finish