Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life is 10 years old today !

Comments

• Scoham said:
    I can't believe I missed that at the time. Getting some strange looks on the bus home laughing at that one. My new favourite thread.
  • There's worse ways to pass your time I s'pose.
  • Love you guys.
  • Wow! 10 years. Many congratulations to everyone involved. I joined in November 2006 and hadn't realised CL then was still in its infancy. Some impressive facts and figures in the OP. You'd think @Henry Irving would have something better to do with his time :-)

CL has become the primary source for breaking news - not just Charlton related either. Sadly over the past couple of years the discussions have become rancorous and a bit of a turn off. But overall CL is a force for good. Long may it continue.
  • I've been a member of CL since 2006 I believe. dave2l got me involved and we pretty much failed our ICT gscs because we spent too much time on this forum and didn't do enough work!!
  • edited August 2016
  • Happy birthday and congratulations. And thanks for sucking up literally hours of my life.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

• Very many congratulations!living in newcastle as I do I find it brings that little bit of charlton up here with me everytime I visit this site (and I do visit it a lot!)Thank you again
  • 10 years?................. It's been eventful! ;)
  • edited August 2016

Order of Top 20 recorded areas of UK usage: London, Dartford, Croydon, Poplar, Brighton, Maidstone, Swanley, Canterbury, Gravesend, Manchester, Newham, Birmingham, Chatham, Norwich, Sheffield, Leeds, Tumbridge Wells, Bristol, Southampton, Basildon

Order of Top 20 countries of usage: UK, US, Australia, Canada, France, Spain, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Thailand, Sweden, Belgium (f off), Austria, New Zealand, UAE, Bermuda, Denmark, China, Switzerland, Czech Republic

Order of Top 5 Countries who spend the longest on average per session: Bermuda, China, UAE, Czech Republic, Australia

Oder of Top 5 UK areas that spend the longest on average per session: Crawley, Reading, Nottingham, Dartford, Croydon
    Number of Countries that have recorded over 1,000 sessions: 79 (79th is Estonia)

I will not rest (literally) until "Eugene, Oregon" breaks into that top five (and yes I know it's not in the UK, but I will take you all on!!!!!!)

As for the MrDick thing, I just imagine people search for the word "Dick" and accidentally end up on his profile...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Oder of Top 5 UK areas that spend the longest on average per session: Crawley,

Must stop leaving CL on in the background lol

Lol! I thought that was me!

I only came on here in 2 009 coz I had a spare ticket for Orient away, and wanted to get rid, ended up with a load of football friends!

thank you both for the entertainment and the sore throat when i shout at the computer screen

here's to the next 10 years
  • Cheers to one and all of our Charlton Life Community its been a pleasure
  • shirty5 said:

£2500 raised for the Greenwich & Bexley Hospice on here through auctions after the passing of @cholland over 3 years ago.

Can't believe it has been three years. Always remembered Colin.

Many thanks to @AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT Joined CL late (2011), having "lurked" for quite some time beforehand. A great site that I spend way too much time on & one that has brought together a huge range of people.

No matter how different we are, football unites us - I can't even say its Charlton as we have a good gathering of other club's fans who pop in...some far more regularly than is healthy for a person not supporting Charlton!! And actually, football doesn't even unite us on any thread that includes reference to Scottish football!!! :wink:

All said though, it's a great community that has rallied, helped, comforted and entertained for 10 great years...long may it continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Can't believe I missed this! Lol!

• Congratulations and thanks.
  • Scoham said:
    Can't believe I missed this! Lol!
    I remember that. Brilliant.

Well done chaps for 10 years going strong, even if I have only been here for the past 3.

We seriously need some kind of awards thread to commemorate some of the best threads, posts and barneys that have taken place over the years. The snake thread comes to mind...
  • I think the fact so many members have been here for nearly 10yrs (many from Netaddicks days) and still post shows what a good site it is.
  • So many good things over the years, my most visited website by far during that time.
  • A member since August 2006 and still no badge. Obviously not in the CL clique, I will make my own.